Enough

By Josiewasp

What if Sakura had a good teacher, one that paid a little closer attention, one that encouraged her growth. ... More

Pass
•-0- I I -0-•
•-0- I I I -0-•
•-0- IV -0-•
•-0- V -0-•
•-0- VI -0-•
•-0- VII -0-•
•-0- VIII -0-•
Puppy
Eggs
This or That
Office
Staff
Fight
Engagement
Books
Tenzo
C-Rank
The Kubikiribōchō
Stupid Trees
Blindfolded
Sharingan
Hiraishin
Her fight
Done for
Hidden Ace
Therapy
Sakura vs Team
Seals and creativity
Brains and Genjutsu
Red-Light District
Off Guard
Sleepover!
Orochimaru
Thank God I'm a Civilian-born
Safe Space Place
Omake
Preliminaries
Two? Let's make it three.
Day one.
How do you win against a Kage?
King Rasa the Jealous
J-boy
Chunin exams~~ My opponent.
Screwed
Chaos
Traveling
Darlin'
Trouble-Magnet
Curiosity Killed the Cat
Ino-Ino-Ino
Fumi
Summon
Convincing
Mission?
Land of the Sand
THIS WAS NOT PART OF THE PLAN.
Fight Ring
No furniture?(60)
Mission impossible
Doctor
Konoha
Whispering Anarchist
Old Habits Die Hard
Assessment
Hunting
Gaara
Patient
T & I
Danzo
Death
Tobito
Butterfly Effect
Epilogue

-Testing-

5.9K 239 19
By Josiewasp

4 days rolled by as I worked on physical strength- via my weights, my performance in stretches and kata stances, as well as expanding my chakra reserves.

I can almost do it second-handedly —expand my reserves— but sometimes need to start the process again.

As for my practical skills, I'd been reading to expand my knowledge of Fuinjutsu and Healing(as well as anatomy etc.).

The only thing I could do while I was out of my house for missions had 10-pound weights on each arm and leg and expand my chakra, or the kata stances in the 1 ½ hour before Sasuke or Naruto arrive.

Every day was pretty repetitive, but I was learning a lot, even if I was a little frustrated with myself.

Today, we had a pretty boring mission, per usual, but afterward, Kakashi pulled me to the side and told me that he would test me now(it was Friday, so it was now or never I guess).

He walked me to where 'my' training grounds were, even if they had been unused for a while, they were apparently, secret— and sat down, I sat about 3 feet in front of him and waited for him to begin.

"What is the first thing you do when you find someone dying?"

What.

"First I look for any sign of life, then headband, if it's an ally or someone important, then I'd work to save them. I'd find the issue and match my chakra to their body and begin healing them. First close any major arteries that could be open, then stop any bleeding, and then everything else"

He nodded, insinuating I was correct. He continued on, "If two people are bleeding out of equal rank, who do you save first?"

"Easy, first asses both injuries as quickly as possible, whoever is more damaged, them first -if they are even salvageable- and don't finish all the way, make them stable then work on the other person. If they have the same amount of damage, just get started on one as quick as possible and try stabilizing them so the other person has a chance as well"

He nodded again, "When you are in a fight with someone what is your strategy?"

Humph, he's questioning your adaptability and seeing if you know your weaknesses and how to utilize them.

Oh, that's what these questions are?

Also your skills, but yes that's what it seems like.

"I'm a bit weak, and small, so I should rely on my brain and thinking to help me. Use knees and elbows, poke the eyes, fight dirty, and utilize my surroundings. Always try and end the fight the fastest, by either knocking them out with a good hit to the jaw, or immobilize them- through either a trap or any other way possible."

"Okay, good, now what, in your opinion, is your best strength, and worst weakness?"

I scrunch up my nose at that, but realize it's probably so that if he does decide to train me extra he can know where to start.

He already said he was gonna train you, stop doub-

Shhhh

"Weaknesses, I have a few. My lack of chakra sucks, but I can at least preserve it with my chakra control. So I'll have to go with my actual combat skills. Never really... trained before, unless academy counts."

A small laugh left his mouth, "Okay that's fixable, the academy really does need to do better when teaching fighting skills though, I don't blame you for that"

A small pressure left my shoulders when he said that, relieved that he doesn't blame me for my worst weakness.

"Strength?"

"Well- I mean, I don't really know. I'm just aver-"

"Sakura, strengths don't have to be physical, try again"

I sat and contemplated for a few minutes, thinking.

Inner, what even is my strength, what am I good at?

Kami, you're clueless. You are an extremely fast learner, faster than anyone in the academy. Your chakra control is off the charts, and you have a diverse way of thinking, you like to include the other options- you think logically, but not forever.

I blinked in shock at Inners rant. Nonetheless I was thankful for inner and a smile graced my face, "I guess, according to some, I'm a fast learner. I pick things up quickly?"

He smiled at this answer. He had been patiently waiting and was happy that I found an answer.

"Hmm, what most interests you? That you can utilize in a fight." He asked, he seemed to be mentally taking notes, and nodded carefully at everything I said but never seemed upset.

"Uh, well if you're talking about learning wise, then I think Fuinjutsu is something I can learn to utilize well. I can create things to assist me in a fight, like chakra storage, or the Hirashin, or possibly even traps. Even though the wood is incredible, just a little bit and I'm out- so I have to expand my chakra first"

I was still thinking, there's so much more I wanted to learn, but in terms of importance, this was pretty important, I have a handicap on chakra usage and fight knowledge, so this was the best thing I could do.

"Very good, I'm assuming you'd like to learn more fighting skills as well though? Or was I wrong to assume you were frustrated when speaking about the academy earlier?"

Slightly embarrass I nodded, "Urm yeah, I'm not exactly, well, how do I put it. I get frightened easily, I guess, especially when fighting."

He nodded inquisitively before continuing on.

"This will be the last question, then we will switch to something else, but, if you and your teammates were doing a mission, and one is in danger-- what will you do? Finish the mission or save your teammate?"

I scoffed, "Teammate-- of course! I don't think I could even finish a mission by myself, especially not at this point. As much as it pains me to say it, Naruto and Sasuke are both important to me!"

A calmness overcame him and he jumped up clapping his hands together, "Great! You passed the first part! Now, come at me."

Confusion overcame me, Kakashi knew that I wasn't a good fighter, why?

Are you dense? Sakura. He want's to see HOW terrible you are. Not to judge you, well he might be judging, but probably to asses what he should teach. GOOOOOO THROW SOME PUNCHES!

A small ding went off in my brain and I hopped up, I went forward throwing some simple punches, he didn't fight back but instead blocked.

After a few punches and kicks I got more comfortable with the flow, and started putting more effort. He was still pushing me off as if I were dirt.

It's okay, this is him seeing what I can do. I'm not trying to defeat him, or, wait-- yes that should be what I try and do.

I jump back into the trees, grabbing my supplies to make a quick simple trap.

A trigger went off and I knew he had come into a 10ft radius, I watch around for him silently.

The smallest of noise is heard behind me and I activate the seal, seemingly disappearing. He quickly finds me- as expected- unfortunately for him, he needs to figure out the seal I'm in, sorry, which he thinks I'm in.

Quickly I put myself in a stance and then surrounded him with dirt restrictors.

He easily broke free and made his way towards me, throwing a kick. I move to the side and he counters, hitting me onto the floor.

I don't get up, but instead create a mound of dirt around me, disappearing into the already existing dirt just as he broke through the mound I made.

I yelp as a hand comes out of nowhere dragging me up to the surface and throwing me into a tree.

I take a second to catch my breath, looking around me for Kakashi.

I don't see him and my heart begins thumping loudly.

Quickly I surrounded my body in a layer of chakra, waiting for him to attack.

I see a small object flying towards me and move as far away as possible, it still grazed my arm, but it only made a tiny scratch.

Instantly I hone my focus on the area it came from, searching for a chakra source, there was none- of course- meaning that the only logical place he could be...

I whip around already pushing my hands through the dirt allowing the wood to stem up, wrapping around him.

I swayed from side to side, still getting accustomed to draining lots of chakra in the span of a few seconds.

Unfortunately the Kakashi I caught poofs out of existence.

I turn around in a defensive stance, waiting even though there was close to no hope for me.

"Not terrible"

I shriek loudly as my teacher appears out of nowhere.

5 seconds pass and I come back to my senses, "Not terrible? If you were a real enemy I'd be dead!"

He contemplated my words for a second or two and smiled, "Sakura, I doubt you're gonna be fighting many s-ranked ninjas, if you were fighting another genin, I think you could win just using sly tactics."

I mentally disagree with him, but reluctantly nod, understanding where he's coming from. I doubt that the genin wouldn't beat me first though, before I could do anything.

"Hm well, one last thing, pretend I was injured on a mission, and need healing asap." That's when he pulls out a Kunai and makes a small scratch on the back of his arm, enough to bleed, but not that serious.

I gasp in shock running up to him, grabbing a cloth from my pocket and tying it an inch above the injury.

I hover my hand above the gash, focusing on matching my chakra flow to his, and begin working, the deepest parts first coming upwards.

In a few seconds the most of the bleeding had stopped, and after another few there was nothing but a small mark -scar tissue- left.

A pretty small wound, compared to on an actual battlefield, but a smile came to my face. This was my first time healing a human.

"Hm, I've got to say Sakura, you are quite the shocking kid."

I nodded, unsure what else to do.

(Edited 07/22/23)—1740 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 5.7K 29
Sasuke Uchiha is an 18 year old high school student who lost his parents to infidelity when he was 16 yesrs old. Due to that, it put him in a really...
366K 22.3K 95
「𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐄? 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐘」 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐬 ❪ sakura centric ❫ ❝To be able to pretend is to be a...
1.1M 51.7K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
6.2K 468 74
After a major mission went horribly wrong, the Leaf shinobi were ordered to retreat and abandon those left behind, even if it meant leaving teammates...