Daisy (Part I & II)

By Sydney916569

UNDER REVISION I apologize for the terrible grammatical errors, I am currently in the process of editing each... More

Heads Up!
Characters + Summary
Playlist + Aesthetics
Chapter 1 - Abused Baby
Chapter 2 - Brothers
Chapter 3 - Anger
Chapter 4 - Rules?
Chapter 5 - Breakfast
Chapter 6 - Panic
Chapter 7 - Shopping
Chapter 8 - Bad Dream
Chapter 9 - Park
Chapter 10 - Tattoos
Chapter 11 - Hike
Chapter 13 - Grocery Store
Chapter 14 - Thanksgiving
Chapter 15 - Sick
Chapter 16 - Past
Chapter 17 - Talks
Chapter 18 - Dante
Chapter 19 - Ma and Pops
Chapter 20 - Plans
Chapter 21 - Red
Chapter 22 - Missing
Chapter 23 - Boyfriends?
Chapter 24 - Blood
Chapter 25 - Christmas
Chapter 26 - War
Chapter 27 - Safe House
Chapter 28 - Stupid
Chapter 29 - Mafia
Chapter 30 - Found
Chapter 31 - Damn
Chapter 32 - Over
Chapter 33 - Fear
Chapter 34 - End
PART II - Summary
Part II - Characters
Part II - Chapter 1
Part II - Chapter 2
Part II - Chapter 3
Part II - Chapter 4
Part II - Chapter 5
Part II - Chapter 6
Part II - Chapter 7
Part II - Chapter 8
Part II - Chapter 9
Part II - Chapter 10
Part II - Chapter 11
Part II - Chapter 12
Part II - Chapter 13
Part II - Chapter 14
Part II - Chapter 15
Part II - Chapter 16
Part II - Chapter 17
Part II - Chapter 18
Part II - Chapter 19
Part II - Chapter 20
Part II - Chapter 21
Part II - Chapter 22
Part II - Chapter 23
Part II - Chapter 24
Part II - Chapter 25
Part II - Chapter 26
Part II - Chapter 27
Part II - Chapter 28
Part II - Chapter 29
Part II - Chapter 30
Epilogue
Thank you!

Chapter 12 - Art Room

33.2K 801 304
By Sydney916569

James

It's four days until thanksgiving. Four days until Nona and Nono will be here. Everyone's been cleaning the house and starting to put up decorations for the day. On top of everything I just got word that Margaret has been anonymously bailed out of prison. It doesn't surprise me. It just creates more work and stress for me and my brothers, and if Daisy catches word that her mother is out of prison I can't even imagine how she will react.

See the thing is my mother was apart of the mafia before she met father. She is the leader of the Russian mafias cousin. She also married my father who was the leader of the Italian mafia. So, she most likely has friends and ties with the Russians.

I think about Daisy. She's doing better. Every morning Henry cleans and bandages her back. She's been talking more and asking questions. She still gets terrible nightmares where she ends up sleeping with one of us. But, she's happy. That's all that matters.

Speaking of.

"Morning sweetheart." I greet her walking into the kitchen.

"Mornin." She trembles, with a shaky voice.

I can tell something is wrong by her voice and face. Everyone has a different resting face. My resting face is unreadable. Xander's is anger. Noah's is bored and unbothered. Henry's is neutral and Romans is just always confused, almost like there is not a single thought that passes through his brain. But Daisy, she has a resting sad face. We read her through her eyes and body language not with her facial expressions. If we did we would always think she is sad.

Just looking at her I can tell she's tired. But something else is bothering her.

"Daisy what's wrong?"

"Somethings wrong." She states looking away from me.

"Do you know what's wrong?"

She shakes her head.

"Do you feel sick?"

"No."

I don't know what's wrong or what to do. So I get up and wrap her in a hug. She melts into my embrace.

Henry comes down seconds later. He grabs Daisy from my arms and lifts her up so she's his height. He gives her a huge hug kissing her cheek a million times.

"That was pretty rude you know." I squint at Henry. "What if I wasn't done hugging my baby?"

"You are." He says with finality in his tone.

"I'm going upstairs I'll see you two later." I huff, heading up to Noah's room.

"See ya."

"Bye-bye." Daisy says still in Henry's embrace.

-

I knock on the door. No answer. I knock again. No answer. I open the door and see a sight I wish to erase from my mind.

Noah doing the dirty with some random girl.

Gross.

"REALLY?!" My fuming voice interrupts the two. They both look at me and stop what they were doing. The girl quickly gets up and runs to the bathroom butt ass naked. I cover my eyes feeling like I am invading her privacy.

I dont think I have ever been so pissed.

I have a stare down with a smirking Noah. Him and Xander are the ladies men of the family. Henry has a girlfriend that lives in Canada, she only comes down once a year and our family holidays. I don't know what Roman is up to and me? I don't have time for relationships and I was never really intrigued by any woman so I didn't bother.

Noah has always had girls over so this is nothing new. But good god, things are different now. He should know.

I can't keep the pissed look off my face. He still hasn't clued in to why I am upset. The girl leaves the bathroom fully clothed. She looks at both of us and licks her lips.

"Bye babe." She says in a seductive tone waving at Noah.

Noah nods her way. Once a womanizer always a womanizer.

She walks to me she's about to go grab my butt but I grab her hand and squeeze it tightly. She's shocked for a second before she composes herself and flits her eyes at me.

"Rough. I like." She bats her eyes at me. She looks like a fucking idiot.

"Listen here girl. I will personally kill you with my bare hands if I catch you here again," I growl at her. "And so help me god if the little girl downstairs sees your slutty ass walking around you are going to wish you were dead."

She quickly nods and scurries out the room. I wait a minute and now see Noah fully dressed.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Are you an idiot? What went through your thick skull when you brought that skank home?"

"God man why are you so mad?"

"Because what if your little sister walked in here instead of me? You could do this shit when it was just the five of us. But now Daisy's back. You can't do shit like this with her here. Not anymore."

"Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't even think about that." He says as realization crosses his face.

"Yeah yeah whatever. You want to have sex go somewhere other than here."

"I will. Is she up?"

"Yes. Somethings wrong with her. She doesn't know what but it could be her anxiety," I told him. "Which is why I came here in the first place. I want to see if the art room is finished."

"Almost I just finished yesterday. I need to get one more thing."

"Okay when will it be ready?" I ask him. I want this done for her before thanksgiving.

"In a few hours it will be coming in."

"What is it?"

"Art Easel."

"Mhmm okay." I tell him as I turn to leave the room.

I turn down the corridor that holds all of the game and spare rooms. I want to go check out this art room I put Noah in charge of. See, the thing is Daisy is still uneasy around here. I think we have gained her trust but she still feels like she might get in trouble or do something wrong. So, I wanted her to have her own room. Not her bedroom. But a room where she can relax and destress. I find that there are only a few moments during the day when she is totally relaxed; baking with Henry, watching Tv, reading which she doesn't do that often, and doing art with Noah at the kitchen table. Shes pretty much a natural when it comes to art so I did some research and found that art can be extremely calming to anxious peoples. So, I got all the boys together to tell them my idea. They all thought it was brilliant so we put Noah incharge of setting it up.

I make my way to the room and as I step in I am blown away. It is one of the smaller rooms in the house per say, but it really makes everything look more comfortable. She has a big square desk that takes up half the room. She has padded stools and comfy chairs all around. In the big square desk there are a bunch of drawers that hold many different art supplies. In one corner there are multiple blank canvases ranging from big to small leaning against the wall. On the other side of the room right under the big window sits a big comfy couch with a fluffy dusted pink blanket and multiple pink pillows. On the side of the couch is a movable desk so she can sit there and do some art from the couch. There is a somewhat empty corner where I immediatly know the easil will be. To say the least, this is a perfectly well done room. It is artsy yet comfy to where she can easily relax.

I need to remind myself to give Noah a well done pat on the back. This room is spectacular and she totally deserves it.

She has been so strong through this whole transition. She has opened up to us and trusted us. In return we have spoiled her rotten. I already know shes going to say that she can't have this room and that it'll be too much. But to me its not enough, to my brothers its not enough.

I leave the room and shut the door behind me. I know Daisy. She'll never snoop around the house so I dont have to worry about her finding her suprise. In fact I have never seen her in this hallway before. I mean yeah, we showed it to her but she only goes to certain rooms in the house: the kitchen, living room, her room, and occasionally mine or the others rooms.

I go downstairs to have breakfast that Henry prepared. When I get to the kitchen I see my other three brothers all sitting in their spots looking like idiots staring at the empty plates infront of them.

"Where's breakfast?" I question them knowing that none of the ding dongs have any clue to why they have no food infront of them.

"Don't know," Roman says with a slight pout. I roll my eyes at him and his stupid facial expression. "Do you think Henry went on strike?"

"Maybe." Noah shrugs his shoulders seeming worried.

Xander erruptly stands up. He's been good since Daisy gave him breakfast. He's getting up earlier and never misses a meal with us. He still hasn't really bonded with her but they are on good terms and he's not being a dick to her so that's all that matters. "Look I didn't wake up early to have breakfast with these dumb fucks let alone have no food on my plate at all and my favourite person to not even be sitting here!" He voices.

I just roll my eyes again. One day I'll see the back of my head.

"What are you talking about brother?" Roman gasps, acting hurt placing his hand on his chest. "I thought I was your favourite person?"

Oh this is going to be interesting.

"You? My favourite? Yeah in your dreams you moron."

"Ugh why can't you just accept that I am your favourite person on earth!" Roman says as he leans over and kisses Xander's cheek.

The loud ringing sound of a slap fills the room.

I look to Roman and see a nice five star on his cheek. He looks to me.

Oh here we go.

"Brother, did you just see that! Did you just see the assault my younger brother just pulled on me?!"

I roll my eyes at him and stand from my seat.

"That was your doing, you had it coming." I tell him with an incredulous look.

I leave the room in search of our cook and our mini cook/princess. The truth is Henry is the only one out of all of us that knows how to cook. We have all tried but it either turned out undercooked, burnt, or we got food poisoning. So now we kind of rely on Henry to cook for us.

I head over to the living room and see why my breakfast has not been made yet. There Henry sits with a curled up Daisy on his lap. She appears to be sleeping and as I get closer to the pair I see her tear stained cheeks. Everytime she cries it's like the world is ending for me. I know it sounds dramatic, but seeing her cry is a sight I never want to see, it hurts my heart and pains me to see her hurt.

"Hen, what happened?" I question him still eyeing her teary cheeks.

"I don't know she was fine one minute and the next she was panicking, I wasn't sure what to do so I just held her." He whispers back. "I have a feeling she knows somethings up."

"What do you mean?"

"The security has been uped ever since you got-" He pauses making sure she is still asleep. "The news of Margaret, also I did some research on abused peoples and apparently they have like this sixth sense, they are always on their toes and ready to flee. I think she's feeling unsafe."

Truth is I never even thought about that. But now it makes sense. She was subconsiously anxious this morning and thats what got her so wound up and nervous.

"Okay I am going to get our men on it and call a meeting so hopefully then we can make a plan that will keep them away from our princess."

"Sounds good to me, I don't want to wake her so can you tell the others to pick up breakfast for the rest of us?"

I nod and turn to leave the room. Not before looking at the pair once more. I see Henry look at her and started playing with her hair in a calming way. I smile a geniune smile at the sight before I drop it going to the kitchen filled with the morons.

I enter and immediately their eyes dart towards me thinking I am Henry.

"Daisy is sleeping and Henry's with her, he told us to get some breakfast. You three go pick up some McDonalds or whatever and bring it back here for all of us." I order them.

"Is she okay?" Xander asks me, his eyes hold worry and I honestly don't blame him.

"She'll be fine just go get breakfast I am starving."

They nod and pile out to the garage.

Those idiots better hurry the fuck up. I am starving.

-

This chapter is a bit longer than normal. The rest of my chapters are going to be around this length. I hope that's alright. I didn't want to make them too long but I didn't want to make it too short either. Also, I hope you all like James POV :)

💕

Edited 02/21/2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 4.9K 35
{Completed} I saw a small white paper, I didn't know why, but it made me eager to examine it. Leaning over from my seat, I picked up the piece of pap...
847K 54.2K 65
Tác phẩm: Ngã Vi Ngư Nhục (我为鱼肉) Tác giả: Ninh Viễn (宁远) Thể loại: Bách hợp, cổ đại, lịch sử giả tưởng, quyền mưu, cung đấu, 1vs1, HE Nhân vật chính:...
115K 2K 36
When Isabella's mother took her away at a young age she grows up in an abusive and controlling household. She relies on her anger for survival. She a...
280K 5.7K 72
Taliah is abused by her step father, her mother has committed suicide when she was five. All Taliah has ever know since she was little is to stay out...