The New Member of the family

By Carinaxspampinato

Chief Ripley gives nineteen another chance with the PRT, Carina and Warren work closely together to save the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 51

4.6K 150 16
By Carinaxspampinato

Monday 7th September 2021

"I need a shower and a whole pot of coffee" Vic said as she got out of the engine "Same" Travis said nodding his head "Amazing work nineteen get yourselves cleaned up" Maya said before walking off to her office to start her report on the call. "I said I don't want to talk right now" the blonde said when the brunette walked into her office "Maya" Carina said "Say something other then my name god dammit" The blonde said "I'm sorry okay I am sorry I didn't listen to Travis and I am sorry I didn't listen to you and that you had to come in after me and we both almost died I am sorry" Carina said "You're sorry" Maya scoffed "We almost died Carina actually almost died and all you have to say is that you are sorry" the blonde said.

"I could loose my job for leaving my post to come and get you" Maya scoffed "You didn't have to come inside" Carina shot back "And let you continue to almost get yourself killed" Maya replied "You made the decision to come inside not me you so don't put that on me" the brunette said raising her voice slightly "I wouldn't have had to come in and risk everything if you just did as you were told" Maya said matching the volume of voice Carina was speaking in "did as I was told" the brunette chuckled "You are not the boss of me anymore Maya" Carina added "Today I was I was in charge not you and you didn't listen to me or respect me and you almost got yourself me and about 6 others killed in the process" the blonde said standing up from her chair and moving to be in front of her fiancée.

"No one died" Carina screamed "Out" Maya said pointing to the door "Are you serious" the brunette asked "Just go home please take a shower have a glass of wine calm down and I'll see you at home okay" Maya said pressing a kiss to her fiancée's cheek with ensured the brunette they were going to be okay "I love you but go home now" Maya said "I love you too" was the last thing Carina said before walking out of the blondes office and down the stairs passing Ripley on his way towards Maya's office.

"Carina" Travis said "What" the Italian asked "You were stupid today" the captain said "so I've heard 100 times already" Carina breathed out "Go home because all that shouting in Maya's office doesn't need to be heard by nineteen okay" Travis said "Mhm" Carina hummed before leaving through the station door.

***

"Chief" Maya said as Ripley walked into her office "You went inside that building" Ripley said "I did" Maya agreed "You went inside a hospital on fire and left a probie in charge of incident command" Lucas said becoming angrier every time he spoke "I didn't leave a probie in charge I left a former battalion chief in charge he knew what he was doing and I did it to save my fiancée" Maya said. "You are the chief there was 6 stations at that call you should not have gone inside" Ripley shot back "If it was Hughes you would of gone in and Sullivan did the same thing at the storage locker a few years ago he left me just a captain of 3 months in charge to run in and save his wife" Maya said "It's been a hard day go home get some rest I'll see you here tomorrow for a meeting okay" Lucas said before leaving the blonde alone in her office more annoyed then before.

"Mom can you watch Lily tonight please" Maya asked once her mom answered the phone "Everything okay" the older Bishop asked "Yeah everything is okay I just had a rough day at work and I don't want to take it out on my perfect little girl" the blonde said "No worriers hunny I'll drop her to school in the morning" Katherine said before hanging up on her daughter allowing Maya to sink into her chair and sigh rather loudly.

"Maya" Andy said knocking on the blondes door "Come in" Maya said still sunk in her chair staring up at the ceiling "You okay" Andy asked "Mhm take a guess" the blonde said "Robert told me what happened" the brunette said sitting in the chair across from her bestfriend "You are here to what tell me I was stupid for running in and leaving your husband in charge" Maya asked "No what are you talking about I am here to tell you to not ruin the best relationship you have ever had over this she made a mistake she didn't think what happened would actually happen" Andy said "Don't look at me like that" the brunette said when Maya gave her a confused look "I know you yelled at her because the whole station heard it and Robert told me so just calm down and go home to your fiancée and hear her out" Andy said "hear her out" the blonde scoffed.

"You want me to hear her out when she almost got the both of us killed" Maya said "Yes okay you almost died but you didn't you didn't die that's the whole point she knows she made a mistake and she is sorry she called me and told me what happened and asked that I checked on you now I didn't want to tell you that but I am so you know how sorry she is" the brunette said "Okay" Maya simply replied "I believe she is sorry but my job is on the line now and I have to work on making sure I keep that" the blonde added "You should be at home making sure you still have a fiancée" Andy finished off before leaving the blonde in her office to ponder her thoughts.

***

Maya pulled into the drive away of the new house the two of them had just bought together putting the car into park and turning the engine off, she reached over to her passenger seat and grabbed her things before opening her car door and walking up to the front door slowly pushing the key into the lock taking a deep breath before turning the handle and walking inside. She hung her jacket on the hook and placed her shoes on the rack before making her way into the kitchen where she put her bag on the bench and began to unpack it. "Hi" Carina said popping her head around the corner and leaning against the wall "Hey" the blonde said turning her back to her fiancée and putting her tupperware into the sink "Where is Lily" the brunette asked "Staying at my mom's tonight" Maya answered turning back around catching her fiancée's eyes.

"Ripley was at the station" Carina said "Mhm he was" the blonde replied "because of today" Carina asked "Yes because of today" Maya answered "What did he say" the brunette asked "Not much just that I shouldn't have left my post which I already knew and that I left a probie in charge of the scene" Maya said "Sullivan is a former chief" Carina said confused "Mhm but he was stripped of his title so technically I did do that I left a probie in charge of a high pressure scene" the blonde said grabbing two glasses and a bottle of wine from the fridge.

"Do you know I am sorry" Carina said "I know" Maya replied "But right now I don't want to talk about it okay" the blonde said "Okay what do you want to talk about" Carina asked confused "How about we don't talk and just enjoy our night without our daughter" the blonde asked wiggling her eyebrows playfully "We should probably talk" Carina said "We aren't going to talk though we are going to yell and fight and say horrible things and I don't have the energy in me for that tonight" Maya said "We can't fix our problems with sex bambina" Carina replied.

"You're right but I don't want to talk about it anymore today okay I am going to jump in the shower" Maya said pressing a kiss to her fiancée's forehead and walking off towards the main bedroom. "What are you doing" Carina asked from where she was laying in the bed as the blonde made a move to walk out of the bedroom "I am going to sleep in the guest room" Maya simply replied "Maya don't do this" the brunette said "Just tonight baby okay I have to prepare for my meeting with Ripley tomorrow" before Maya could finish what she wanted to say she was cut off by Carina "Meeting with Ripley" the brunette asked "Mhm about the incident today Carina what I did goes against so many protocols so I have to explain myself tomorrow" Maya answered.

"Okay" the brunette said turning over to face away from her fiancée "Carina I love you so much okay I will see you in the morning I just need to think and I need to be alone for that" Maya replied "Okay bambina" Carina said through a cracked voice "I love you" the blonde said again "I love you too".

Tuesday 8th September 2021

Maya was laying on her back staring up at the celling in the spare room now regretting her decision to sleep in the spare room seeming it was 2am and she hadn't had a minute of sleep truth be told ever since Carina moved in if the blonde was not in the same bed as her she was unable to sleep. The blonde was torn on what she should do she couldn't decide if she should just stay in the position she was currently in and not sleep the whole night or go and climb back into her bed next to her fiancée so she was able to get some sleep for her meeting today.

Maya groaned and decided to go back into the bedroom her and her fiancée share as mad as she was at the brunette she loved her and didn't want to be apart from her especially after what they went through yesterday. "Are you okay" Carina asked turning over when the bedroom door opened revealing Maya stood leaning against the door frame "I can't sleep" the blonde said "neither can I" the brunette admitted patting the space in the bed next to her. "We don't have to talk just come and sleep" Carina said as she watched the conflict on her fiancée's face.

"I'm sorry" the Italian said once the blonde was laying in the bed next to her "Thought we didn't have to talk" Maya said "We don't I just am going to say it every minute until you believe me" Carina said "I believe you I do" Maya replied moving her arm so her fiancée could lay on her chest. Carina was quick to fill the space the blonde made for her wrapping her right arm over the blondes torso "I love you" Carina said placing a kiss on the blondes chest "I love you too" Maya replied running her fingers up and down the brunette's back.

***

Carina was slowly pulled out of her sleep by the sound of the blondes alarm going off on the bedside table she opened her eyes to see her fiancée still in a deep sleep "bambina" Carina said softly moving to sit up and softly shake the blonde "Maya your alarm" the brunette said reaching over the blonde to turn the alarm off "Mhm" Maya mumbled turning her head away from the light "Wake up" Carina said pressing a kiss to her cheek. "Good morning" Carina said once the blondes eyes opened "Morning" Maya replied leaning forward and pressing a kiss to her fiancées lips taking the Italian by surprise.

"What time is your meeting" Carina asked as she played with the blondes hair "Nine" Maya replied tiredly "You go shower and get ready and then I will make you breakfast" the brunette said moving to stand up "Not yet I still have and hour and half before I have to leave" Maya said pulling her fiancée back down and wrapping her arms around her "do you still want to marry me" the brunette asked nervously chewing on her bottom lip "What" Maya asked shooting her head up in confusion "Do you still want to marry me" Carina said again "Of course I still want to marry you, we are allowed to be angry at each other and argue that is what happens in relationships but I still want to be with you and I still love you and of course I still want to marry you" Maya replied "okay" Carina simply replied "Okay" Maya confirmed moving forward to catch her fiancées lips in her own.

***

"Bishop you ready" Ripley asked as he walked into the beanery where the blonde was currently getting her self a cup of coffee "Ready" Maya replied following the fire chief to her office "Okay run me through the events of the call from start to finish yesterday" Ripley said pulling out a note book as he sat down on the chair across from Maya. The battalion chief went through everything that happened from when the first klaxon went off to when they stayed for over haul. "So Montgomery went into OR three first to evacuate Dr Deluca and she wouldn't come" Lucas asked "Correct" Maya said "so when he came back out you took it upon yourself to run into a burning building and leave 6 stations without a leader" Ripley asked "I didn't leave them without a leader I left Sullivan in charge" Maya said "Sullivan is a probie" Ripley shot back.

"His title may be him as a probie but he has the most experience he was once in this seat as the battalion chief so yes I believe I made the right decision leaving him in charge yesterday" Maya said "Mhm" Lucas hummed "You promoted Sullivan to Chief so you know he knows how to do this job you also wanted to promote him up quick earlier this year, I thought about it I thought about who to leave in charge at length and leaving Sullivan in charge was the right decision is was also the most responsible decision" the battalion chief said "The most responsible decision would of been to stay put and send someone else in" Lucas offered "if I did that we would have a OR full of dead people, my fiancée she would be dead her surgical team and the patient would be dead so I make no apologise for how I chose to run that call yesterday, because of me no one on that call died not a single person and I take pride in that and I understand I broke protocol but human life well that is more important then protocol" Maya finished off.

"I agree" Ripley said "but the Department doesn't" the blonde fire chief added "I don't want to punish you because you did amazing work yesterday but you need to take a week off" Lucas said "What" Maya asked "A week off, paid leave I am not suspending you I am not firing you because that stays on record but you taking a weeks personal leave that doesn't so go home and come back next week" Lucas said "With all due respect I don't need a week off" Maya said "I know that but the brass they will want to see some result so you taking a week off to get your head right after no previous issues within the SFD that is a win I will run battalion for a week go home spend time with your daughter and fiancée unpack your new house plan your wedding do not think about work okay" Lucas said "Thankyou chief" Maya said "You're welcome see you next week" the fire chief said standing up and leaving the blondes office.

***

"Hi baby" Maya said picking Mateo up from his pram where Andy and the blonde were meeting for lunch "How did it go with Ripley" Andy asked "Good actually he said he supports what I did and completely agrees with why I ran into that building but the brass doesn't so I am having a week of personal leave to get my head right" the blonde said "A whole week off" Andy asked "Mhm a whole week off so I will just unpack the house because Carina and I still haven't done much and then I can go back next week" the blonde said "How are things with Carina" Andy asked.

"Good we haven't really talked about it because it will lead to an argument and I really didn't want to argue yesterday, but she says she sorry every chance she gets. Last night I slept in the spare room" Before Maya could finish what she wanted to say she was cut off by her bestfriend "You slept in the spare room" the brunette asked shocked "Well I tried but I couldn't sleep so I went back into out bedroom and she was awake and she asked if I still wanted to marry her which I said of course I do and then we went to sleep" Maya replied "So you are going to talk to her about it when you get home" Andy asked "Yeah I will but I don't want to fight with her I can't yell anymore it's exhausting" Maya said "So don't fight with her apologise for saying it was her fault allow her to apologise and move on" the brunette offered "I will thank you Andy" Maya said.

A/N - Let's just pretend that I didn't completely forget about this book, I apologise that it has been over a week but hopefully the longer chapter made up for it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.7K 922 42
Stories written based on episodes of Station 19, focusing on Maya and Carina's relationship.
227K 4.7K 40
Where two women meet and fall in love.
47.9K 2K 46
Andi. A teenager who just wants to live life normal. But obviously high school has to be the rough path of life. Can she handle it? Or will she need...
89.6K 2.2K 14
An opening on the PRT means a new member will join the Station 19 crew; but when the new recruit catches the eye of Captain Bishop can you really mix...