Part 64

Trigger warning : In the second half of the chapter there is violence. Readers discretion is adviced.

"You are not seriously thinking of doing it?" Ryder asked panicked, after he and Cayden finished reading the letter given to them by Randall.

"I am."

"What!" Ryder exclaimed.

Cayden had a determination in his eyes when he said those words. "I won't let anything happen to Scarlett."

"You must be kidding?" Ryder asked. Cayden did not say anything and left the premises of his office. Ryder was left astounded by his determination and without any further thoughts he followed him to the pack clinic.

Both Cayden and Ryder were surprised to see that Valerie was still present there. Before Cayden could say anything Valerie said. "I think Autumn and Flora have come up with something that can help us know what had happened with Scarlett in the hunter's camp."

Cayden smiled like a cheshire cat and asked enthusiastically. "Whatever is it, I am ready to try."

"But there is something you should know before making any decision." Valerie said. Cayden looked towards her in question. Valerie looked towards Autumn and gestured her to explain the process. Autumn who was standing in the corner listening to the two alphas talking walked towards them.

"This is a complicated magic which will drain my energy which is not actually a problem because Flora and April agreed to help me but Scarlet's life force is very weak and performing magic on her can cause some serious damage to her." Autumn took a pause to judge Cayden's reaction but when she was not able to read him she continued. "But if you agree we can proceed and we will do everything that we can to save Scarlett."

Valerie was looking towards Cayden and she was expecting a negative answer but to her surprise Cayden nodded his head and gave the permission to proceed with it.

"Are you sure?" Valerie asked flabbergasted, she could not believe her ears.

"Yes." Cayden replied. "And if you have time I would like to talk with you in somewhere private. Your officers can accompany you, if you want. It is the matter that concerns your pack."

Valerie nodded and followed Cayden to his pack office along with Jason and Dominic. When they reached the insides of the office, Cayden asked Ryder to close the door. He motioned everyone to take a seat. When everyone was seated he took a deep breath before speaking. "I got a written message from Randall yesterday night."

"And?" Valerie coaxed. Cayden took out the letter and gave it to Valerie. She took the letter from him and started reading. A gasp left her mouth when she was finished reading it.

"I will not agree to this" She replied plain and square.

"You don't understand." Cayden said. "We are just sending your brother as a distraction. I will not let anything happen to him. When he will see that I have agreed to give your brother he will tell me everything and we will not move forward with the exchange."

"No, you don't understand. I will not make my brother a scapegoat for this. Randall wants my family dead. He can't find my mother and sister so he is targeting my brother and I am surprised you agreed to it. Do you think he will be naïve enough to tell you the cure for the Scarlett before getting Kevin in person? He is Randall if you don't know. He is the masters of evil."

"I am not able to follow what is happening here." Dominic asked frustrated.

"Alpha Cayden here wants to give my brother to Randall in order to save his dearest Scarlett."