Part 23

Valerie opened her eyes in the bright light and to a very mesmerizing fragrance. She felt a tight grip on her left hand that caused her to look sideways. There she saw Cayden sleeping on the chair with his head bent on her bed. She tried speaking but dryness of throat due to thirst caused her to squeak. Due to sensitive werewolf hearing Cayden woke up startled and looked towards Valerie in worry and asked. "Are you alright?"

Valerie nodded her head and pointed towards jug lying beside her on the side table. Cayden nodded and brought the glass of water for her to drink. She grasped the glass and drank it.

When her thirst was quenched she cleared her throat and asked "What happened at the battle field?"

"You should rest. You are weak at the moment." Cayden replied.

Valerie got up and said. "I want to know what happened at the battle field. I felt very intense and unbearable pain at that moment. I want to know what caused that."

Cayden sighed and sat down on the chair he vacated few moments ago and replied. "We don't know exactly what happened. But we should be thankful to Alexei because he knew something like this would happen and he brought Autumn with him. He left immediately after we won the battle. But Autumn informed us that Randall with the help of some witch tried to separate you from your wolf that caused you such intense pain."

Valerie furrowed her eyebrows and asked. "How did he know that something like that will happen and why did he leave immediately after the battle?"

Cayden shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. "I dunno"

"For how long was I out?" She asked.

"Almost three days" he replied.

"And by the looks of you, I guess you were here with me all the time." Valerie said and Cayden just nodded. Valerie looked towards him with adoration and gratitude. She was about to say something when a knock on the door interrupted her. Cayden asked the person on the other side to enter.

Kevin entered and was pleased to see Valerie awake and up.

"Good to see you up and well." Kevin said happily and walked towards her to engulf her in a warm hug which Valerie returned. "Finally I will be relieved from this stressful position of being an alpha." He said in a teasing way while ruffling her hair in adoration.

Valerie smiled at him and pinched his nose. "I knew you could be trusted. You are a true leader if not born as one."

Kevin smiled. "Cayden helped me a lot. He was a great support."

Valerie looked towards Cayden who just smiled. She nodded in appreciation.

"Before I forget to inform you, Alexei and Dmitri are back from Russia and they were asking about you. Would you like to go there or should I call them here?"

"Please bring them here if they are willing to come. Inform mother and Genesis that I am awake, I know they are worried sick about me. And make sure to call Autumn and Flora." Kevin left to do as told.
Valerie looked towards Cayden interrogatively. "What is it?" Cayden saw how differently she was looking towards him, so he asked.

"I am getting attracted towards the smell of your body, I am getting excited sexually."

Cayden avoided making eye contact with her that caused her to look towards him in curiosity. "Is there something you wish to tell me?" She asked inquisitively.

"It is better if Flora and Autumn inform you everything. I did what they asked me to do." He replied apprehensively.

Before she could ask further Alexei and Dmitri entered. Alexei went up to her and engulfed her in a warm embrace earning a growl from Cayden causing Valerie to roll her eyes.

"Relax pup." Alexei said grinning in a teasing way but Cayden decided to ignore him and did not reply. Meanwhile Dmitri was looking towards Valerie sheepishly.

"It's okay Dmitri. Everything is forgotten and forgiven. I almost died. I have no place for grudges. Now don't stand there looking so guilty. Come on and give me a hug." Valerie said smiling. Dmitri smiled back and walked towards her to embrace her in a loving hug.

"Look the pup did not growl." Alexei said teasingly.

"Shut it Alexei, he is an alpha and deserves your respect." Valerie spoke seriously causing everyone to look towards her in bewilderment. For a moment there was pin drop silence which was broken by the entrance of Kevin, Flora and Autumn. They looked in confusion towards Valerie and others for the cause of tension but decided to ignore it and acknowledged their alpha.

Valerie acknowledged back and without wasting any time she asked about her attraction towards Cayden. Flora and Autumn shared worried glances with each other.

"Alpha what we did was to save you and your wolf." Autumn replied.

"Let us explain first Autumn." Dmitri interjected to which Autumn nodded.

"The hunters are recruiting newly born vampires and brainwashing them against werewolves and they are getting successful in doing so. Randall who has become the head of hunters is planning big and evil. He is working with a witch coven probably the one where Autumn used to live."

He took a breath and continued "One of the witches told him to separate alphas from their wolves. That is what they tried to do with you Valerie. They are mostly targeting alphas. Destruction of an alpha is the destruction of a pack. I told this thing to Alexei and he was quick to react. He somehow knew that they were deliberately attacking the weak pack because they will ask help from the strong alpha. And same thing did happen. You went out to help them and they tried to separate you from your wolf. If something had happened to you it would have destroyed your pack causing elimination of a strong werewolf pack."

Valerie was listening to it very intently. "So it was a trap?"

"Yes it was." Dmitri replied. "They are planning evil and they are planning big. The involvement of witches and newly formed vampires and few rougue wolves have complicated the situation. I convinced the vampire council to interfere in the matter, let's see what happens."

Valerie took a deep breath that also caused inhalation of the body fragrance of Cayden. Valerie moaned in bliss and everyone looked towards her bewildered. Valerie avoided making eye contact with anyone ashamed.

Flora cleared her throat and said. "I think now we should explain to her what we did in order to save her spirit."

Autumn gulped and nodded. Valerie looked confused between the two.

"Alpha we made a blood bond between you and alpha Cayden." Flora said.

Both Dmitri and Alexie looked shocked. Kevin and Cayden looked confused towards them.

"What is a blood bond?" Valerie asked voicing Kevin and Cayden's confusion.

"You both are now bonded by blood." Flora replied.

"What? Like Cayden and I are somehow now brother and sister instead of mates.

"I wish." Alexei murmured earning a growl from Cayden.

"No, it means now Cayden's blood will call for your blood. You can't reject each other even if you wish to. Your attraction towards each other physically as well as emotionally will be increased ten folds." Flora explained.

"What is the problem in that?" Kevin asked. "They are already mates."

"The problem is if one amongst you died the other won't be able to survive." Autumn replied.

+

Vote and Comment.