Part 53

Scarlett was much tensed and anxious when she reached where she knew that she will found the hunters who had contacted her and manipulated her to betray her own alpha. How could she be so dense to not see that they were using her for their own good, she thought.

A new rage filled her heart and she wanted to tear them down in to bits. She was confident enough and knew that she can wipe them dead easily. They were mere humans with their high horses thinking that they can wipe the werewolf community.

She stopped for a minute and a sense of reluctance filled her. She did not want to do it. Her jealousy and her desire for revenge had done enough damage. She just wanted to leave and start her new life somewhere else peacefully. But then she thought about her mate and how he rejected her and then she thought about Cayden, her alpha whom she loved deeply. His loyalty to his mate. She thought how he hesitated to punish her initially before Valerie was targeted. A tear escaped her left eye and for a moment she felt alone.

In span of some weeks she has lost her mate, her love and her friends. She smiled thinking about Ryder. He was very nervous when he let her go but he was a good friend and ferociously loyal beta. She actually got scared when he warned her that he will kill her himself if she thought of betraying Cayden again.

She smiled thinking about her life and how jealousy made her bitter. She was the victim of the green monster. But now it was time to repent and to rectify her mistakes. She can't act coward and run away from the chaos. Her alpha needed her more now.

So taking deep breaths she rang the door bell. After few seconds it was opened by a man who was robust with crooked nose and scars of battle on his face. His hair was matted, greasy and quite dull.

"You!" He asked surprised. "We thought you were dead. Guess your alpha has not got enough guts to kill his friend. He is a pathetic and weak excuse of an alpha, I guess."

Scarlett wanted to smash his face in the wall but she resisted the temptation and asked with smile. "Can I come in?" It was time for some action.

The man hesitated for a minute but then he let her in.

                                                                        **********

Valerie was sitting tensed in the waiting lounge of the hospital. Charles was still not out of range .Her mother and her sister visited Charles soon after the police informed them. Valerie was looking towards her mother and her little sister sobbing nonstop and that was making her feel weak. She wanted to stop everything that was hurting her family but currently she was not in a state to do so.

Kevin and Jason were murmuring something in a corner that was causing her irritation to rise. She knew they were discussing her because they were randomly taking a peek at her when they thought that she was not looking. She wanted to get up and tell them to talk about her at her face but she knew the time was not right and she was tired. Thankfully the doctor arrived.

"How is he Dr. Singh?" Valerie was up in a second.

"Fortunately he is out of woods. We will have to wait for next few hours. Then we will be able to tell you how sure and confirmed results are. Your fiancé told me that your brother is a genesist and a great biochemist and that he is searching for quite a few revolutionized drugs. He brought some of those drugs and asked us to look into them. We were against it but he gave us the permission to do some experiments. Some of those drugs did give wonderful results. I had to put my job at stake to administer them. Your fiancé showed me the legal documents stating that your brother has allowed him to take any decisions for him in a situation like this."

"My fiancé?" Valerie asked bewildered and then it dawned to her why Jason and Kevin were stealing glances at her. They knew that Cayden was here and was in contact with the doctors. She smiled looking at the doctor and thanked him for everything.

The doctor left after explaining the situation with Charles and calming the mother and daughter duo by answering  all their questions. Valerie looked towards Kevin and looked dead in his eyes and asked. "You knew?"

Kevin understood what she was asking and he nodded his head.

"Where is he now?" She asked.

"He has just left. If you are fast enough you can catch him in the lobby."

Valerie rushed out of the lounge and ran at an inhuman speed. The passerby's were left flabbergasted by her speed. She intentionally decided to take the stairs rather than the elevator. When she reached the main lobby of the hospital she found him on the threshold of the door. So she sprinted out and called him loud by his name once they were both out of the hospital doors.

Cayden stopped immediately and looked back and said. "I am in no state and in no mood to start a fight Valerie. Whatever you have to yell can wait. I am tired and emotionally exhausted."

"I am appalled and very disappointed in discovering that my half brother saw it fit to share his research with you rather than his sister. And he allowed you to take the decisions that I should have done or my mother should have authority to do."

"As I said Valerie I am in no mood to quarrel with you. Why Charles deemed fit to choose me rather than you is his decision and you should ask him not me."

"He could have died of those experiments." She fired back.

"But he is alive." He stated.

Suddenly Valerie smashed her lips on his and kissed him deeply. Cayden was astounded for few seconds before he gained his senses and kissed her back. He had tasted her lips after so long and it tasted like elixir.

Valerie suddenly broke the kiss and said breathlessly. "It does not change anything."

"Sure it doesn't." Cayden replied with a smile which went unnoticed by Valerie.

She was about to leave when she saw the trackers that she has assigned to find the culprits who had attacked her brother coming. She waited for them. Cayden was confused as to why she was not leaving when he followed her line of sight and found those trackers approaching them.

When they reached near them, they bowed in front of them. Some of the people who were passing by looked awkwardly towards Valerie and Cayden.

"What is it?" Valerie asked, ignoring everything else.

"We have found them." One of them replied.

"Let us go then. What are we waiting for?"

"Let me accompany you." Cayden interjected and for a second he thought that she will bite his head off. But then she surprised him when she nodded her head and allowed him to come.

"I think I am dreaming." He spoke out loud earning a glare from Valerie.

How was the update? Let me know in the comments.

Till next time

Love ya!!