Part 43

It is very rare, in political meetings to feel hushed silence in a room full of ten diplomatic people. But this miracle and rare thing happened in the community hall of Stalwart warrior pack where the top most important people of the two packs were sitting silently and were looking at each other.

This went for few minutes in which Cayden was looking towards Valerie longingly and she was doing her level best to avoid making any sort of eye contact. To avoid any unnecessary squabbling with Cayden, Valerie made Alexei sit far from her. Rest of the people were looking towards each other and passing awkward smiles waiting for their alphas to say anything.

"Are we going to sit here all day and look towards each other? With due respect alpha Valerie you may be free for this for the whole day but I have places to be." Alexei who was getting irritated and was losing patience by waiting for anyone to speak said.

Dmitri tried to persuade him to keep calm and quite to which he grunted and rolled his eyes in irritation.

Valerie sighed and took a deep breath before speaking. "You are right. I can't let our problems to dictate everything."

"Thank you." Alexei replied rather ostentatiously which was not appreciated by Cayden. His beast wanted to tear apart the blood sucking vermin who kissed his mate but due to diplomacy and his deteriorating relation with Valerie caused him to remain quite.

"Before we start" Valerie said. "Alpha Cayden I would like to know about the person sitting beside you."

When Cayden heard his name being rolled out of his mate's tongue a sudden shiver of happiness was felt by him. He had heard his name after a long torturous week. He knew how he had spent his days without any contact with her. His heart was bleeding for her but he knew he couldn't do anything.

He took his sweet time before replying as he was busy constantly gawking at Valerie. Ryder slightly nudged him to respond. He cleared his throat before speaking. "This is Griffin Scott my new warrior head."

Valerie nodded in acknowledgement and welcomed him in her pack before she continued.

"As all of you are well aware of the problems that we are facing with hunters. They are destroying packs of our werewolf community. Presently they are targeting the weak packs in Canada and Alaska and some other parts of United States. Stronger packs are trying to help them but they are unable to stop them every time. Dmitri was in Russia and the news he brought was not good. I think he is the best person to explain further."

Dmitri nodded and started speaking. "Our council is worried about these hunters as they are targeting newly formed Vampires. They are brain washing these new saplings. This information is not new for us or to you. We all knew about this beforehand. But what disturbs the council now is that hunters are convincing these saplings that once they wipe out the werewolf species they will help them to rule on the human world, which is completely a hoax. They are using such hoax promises to allure them in the trap. Two things newly formed Vampires can't control is their lust and their desire for human blood and these hunters are providing them both. Vampire venom slows werewolf speed and strength but do not kill them. They are extracting their venom to slow werewolves down and then they use silver or wolfsbane to kill them. They are playing dirty and attacking weres emotionally. They are separating mates and killing them. They kill the males and then either rape the females or give them some sort of potion that tortures them."

A concerned look was shared by the people present in the hall and Dmitri continued.

"Situation here in United States is not that bad. But due to hunter's infiltration in Canadian politics the situation in Canada has worsened. I discussed this thing with the vampire council there in Russia and asked them to help us to infiltrate the politics here as many powerful vampires hold the key to American business and political world. They have promised me to help. Valerie is choosing her capable persons who can do the job and I suggest the same to you as well alpha Cayden."