Part 54

The trackers brought Valerie, Cayden and Jason to an abandoned warehouse. The environment was eerie and both alphas were feeling that something was not right. They were watching the abandoned warehouse by hiding behind the bushes.

"I saw them here. They were four of them and they were plotting about kidnapping someone. I was here for quite a long time. I observed their activities with the hawk's eye. No one important came to visit them but they were talking about making few hide outs for the newly appointed hunters."

"So how do you think we should precede, Sam?" Valerie asked the tracker.

He was taken aback by the question of his alpha and he asked surprised. "Are you asking me, alpha?"

"Yes and why not. You have watched them whole day and you know how they operate. So you are our best chance."

                            *******

On the other end, Autumn and Flora were sitting and chatting in Autumn's room and were having coffee. Flora was teasing Autumn about the boy they met in the mall the other day when suddenly Flora started gasping. The coffee mug fell from her hands and her eyes turned white. Autumn knew she was having a vision so she did not disturb her.

"We need to save alpha." Flora said breathlessly once she was out of trance.

"Oh God! Flora, why do you always see danger and destruction for Valerie? Can't you for once predict butterflies and flowers? What is it this time?"

"I am very offended with what you have to say but I will let it go for now. The visions I see are not in my hand. Keeping that thing aside, where ever she is now, she is in grave danger."

Autumn thought that for a moment and then replied. "Can you trace her location?"

"Yes." Flora replied.

"Then I have the perfect person who can help us now." Autumn winked and stood up to walk followed by a confused Flora.

                       ***********

Valerie and Cayden were taking a casual round of the warehouse whereas Jason and Sam were finding the way to enter it unnoticed. They had used potion made by Autumn to mask their scents.

"It is quite abnormal that we are wandering here and yet no one has come to inquire about our motives. We have made our presence known so that the hunters get distracted and Jason and Sam can enter. But no one has paid any heed to us." Valerie spoke the thing that was bothering her.

"I am having a feeling that this is a trap. I don't know how but I can feel it in my bones." Cayden replied. "They are plotting something."

"I agree. But it's not like we are not showing ourselves." Valerie reasoned.

Before Cayden could reply someone shouted for their attention. They looked back to see an average looking man both in looks and in physique standing there.

"What are you doing here?" The man asked approaching them.

"We were informed that we can find witches here." Cayden replied before Valerie could open her mouth. She looked towards him uncannily.

The man laughed. "You guys are fools. Who told you that?"

"Our friends." Cayden replied.

"You bunch of college going idiots would do anything for adventure. What do you guys call it these days? Yeah. We want to do something cool and get high on adrenaline. Live our lives adventurously. I had a daughter like you. She went into the jungle to find out about the werewolves and never returned. Those bastards killed her for invading their territory."