Part 16

"But you will be the alpha of this pack over my dead body" Valerie bit back.

Gasps were heard from all around. The pack members of Stalwart Warrior groaned in frustration and protested about the challenge made by the Alpha of Mystic Moon.

Words like backstabber, traitor, coward and crown stealer were heard. Cayden growled in warning looking towards the pack members. Valerie looked unimpressed towards her pack members and ordered them to either keep their opinions to themselves or leave the ground of her pack house. The crowd immediately went mum.

The both alphas looked towards each other in challenging way. No one was ready to take a step back.

"If that is what you wish. I am ready. Who will judge the fight?" Cayden asked.

"There is no need for judgment. As I said it will be the fight of life and death. You won't take my position as alpha as long as I am alive."

Cayden looked unimpressed towards her and groaned. "You need to understand why I am taking such steps."

Valerie raised an eyebrow and looked unimpressed towards him while Dominic scoffed at him earning a warning growl from Cayden.

"As I said Alpha, we will fight till death."

Jason who was just witnessing the whole ordeal quietly walked where Valerie was standing and bowed his head in regret. "I am sorry Alpha Valerie, I convinced you to help this pack. You were reluctant but I changed your decision and look where we are now today."

Cayden pursed his lips looking unimpressed. "I am doing it for the safety of your alpha." He replied exasperated.

Jason scowled. "At this rate there won't be an alpha alive to take care of. She is capable of taking care of herself very well. She led this pack and kept her family members safe until now."

"Until now the danger of Flora's prophecy and the threat of hunters were not lurking, Beta Jason."

"She is more than capable of changing prophcies and taking hunters down." Jason barked back.

Jennifer sobbed listening to all the bickering. Genesis who was standing beside Kevin feeling worthless rubbed her mother's shoulders in a soothing way. This time, Scarlet and Ryder were also not impressed with their Alpha's decision and were trying to do anything to stop this fight.

"Enough of this talk, Jason." Valerie yelled in anger while putting her hands on her hips and taking the stance of some dictator. "The other Alpha challenged me for my position and I can't back down." She looked straight in the eyes of Cayden and said. "You will take my position over my dead body. This fight won't be interrupted by anyone. Now tell me in which form would you like to fight. Human or beast?"

Cayden groaned in frustration and replied. "Beast."

Valerie nodded and started removing her clothes to which Cayden growled in anger but Valerie rolled her eyes and ignored him. She continued removing her clothes and when just necessities were left she morphed into her wolf.

Her wolf was dark grey colored and robust. It was a dangerous predator. Her wolf was in tuned with Valerie because it growled in warning towards Cayden. He was left dumbfounded because he expected that her wolf will be attracted towards him as beasts have more primal nature.

Impressed, he too morphed into his wolf that was almost black-ish in shade. They walked in circles trying to decipher their moves. When no one attacked first, Valerie's wolf growled in anger and jumped to attack which Cayden's wolf dodged.

They once again circled each other and this time Cayden's wolf pounced on Valerie's wolf flashing his teeth. She did not move and when he was just above her the wolf squatted with her hind legs and bit Cayden's stomach.

Cayden's wolf landed on ground while huffing and was impressed by her fighting tactics. This time they both pounced at same time and were able to get other one injured. The bites were ferocious and they both whined in pain.

Alexei and Dmitri were strolling towards the pack house when they heard wolves howling. They rushed towards the pack grounds and they immediately recognized Valerie's wolf. When they saw Jennifer sobbing and Genesis soothing her, they got the idea of what might be happening.  They saw Kevin fuming in anger and an unimpressed looking Jason and Dominic.  They got the clear picture that Valerie was fighting Cayden's wolf.

Alexei was fuming in anger whereas Dmitri was watching the scene and was thinking really deep. After few seconds he smiled and a mischievous glint appeared in his eyes. He moved forward and tried to catch Cayden's eye.

Cayden who was busy fighting and dodging Valerie's attack noticed Dmitri trying to gain his attention. He got confused and his attention was diverted. Valerie took the opportunity and bit his hind leg causing him serious injury. Cayden growled in anger towards Dmitri. But Dmitri just shook his head in disappointment and made some gestures with his hands which Cayden understood that left him surprised.

Alexei on the other hand thought that Dmitri was trying to distract Cayden to sabotage him. Dmitri nodded his head in Cayden's direction. Cayden barked wolfishly in happiness causing Alexei and Valerie to look towards him in confusion.

This time when Cayden pounced to attack Valerie, a sudden gush of wind was felt by Valerie and she felt her wolf bounded. One moment she was held captive by wind, the next second she felt immense pain in her wolf's neck and she realized that Cayden's wolf had pierced his canines in her neck.

Valerie was surprised that the piercing was not deathly rather his wolf has marked her wolf. And the wind that held her captive was indeed Dmitri.

"Unbelievable." Alexei muttered and stomped towards them. The rest of the people were left flabbergasted. When Alexei reached them he pulled a limp she wolf up and growled in anger towards Dmitri. "You helped Cayden's wolf to mark Valerie's wolf as his mate."

Valerie's wolf whined and she nudged Dominic. Dominic removed his shirt and handed it over to his alpha. Valerie's wolf went behind the tree and emerged as a human. Cayden too changed back.

Valerie looked in pain towards Dmitri and said softly. "I thought we were friends. I trusted you Dmitri." She then looked towards Cayden and said "Just because your wolf marked my wolf doesn't mean I have accepted this bond. This was a fight to gain position and clearly that didn't happen. I want each and every pack member and pack official of Mystic moon out of my pack tonight. You all are not welcome here."

She took a deep breath and then said. "It does not matter whether your pack area is ready or not I want you all out. If I find any one of you here next morning he will be killed on sight." She then looked towards Dmitri and said. "I don't want to see your face from now onwards. You are my father's good friend and I can't order you to leave but don't expect any hospitality from me."

"I want this pack free of Mystic moon tomorrow. If you find anyone after tomorrow just kill them." She then sprinted towards her pack house leaving behind a bunch of people who were feeling different emotions.

Ps: Short and bit late update. But I regret to inform you that I am super busy with my work and is not getting much time to write. This will continue for two to three weeks. So be patient and bear with me for the time being. I promise the updates will get regular after two to three weeks. I will try to publish double updates if possible this saturday to compensate for next weeks but no promises.

Enjoy Reading.