Part 19

Kevin was strolling in the pack worried about his sister's decision when he heard the growling of his pack wolves. He ran towards it thinking that some intruder is trying to enter. When he reached there he saw a wolf that he knew too well.

"Cayden." He called causing the wolf's head to look towards him. When Cayden saw Kevin he changed back into his human form. Kevin moved few steps towards a tree where few shorts were lying. He gave Cayden shorts to wear and asked him to enter the border. Some of the wolves growled at Cayden. But Kevin shut them up causing his pack mates to look towards him in bewilderment.

"I am glad you are here. Valerie needs you badly." Kevin said causing Cayden to look in surprise towards him. Kevin started walking followed by Cayden. They walked into the pack lands for ten minutes without saying anything. Frustrated with not knowing anything Cayden placed his hand on Kevin's shoulder and asked him to stop.

"I can't just follow you around without knowing anything." Kevin stopped and looked towards him intently. "You said Valerie needs me badly. I want to know the details before I go and meet her. Last time I checked she was thirsty for my blood."

Kevin sighed and took his lower lip in his teeth. He looked towards Cayden sheepishly and said. "That thing has not changed yet."

Cayden looked confused towards him and asked. "Then why were you saying things like that."

Kevin sighed again and ran a frustrated hand in his hair. "You remember Flora our oracle, she predicted that Valerie will be seriously injured."

"I know." Cayden replied cutting him in between. Kevin looked towards him questioningly but Cayden shrugged and said. "I have my ways."

Kevin let it go for now but made it a point to talk about that later. "As I was saying Flora has predicted a grave injury for her and she is preparing herself to go on battle with hunters."

"Take me from the top." Cayden asked confused.

"Hunters are planning on attacking weak and small packs. The alphas of our neighboring packs have asked for help from Valerie and she has agreed to provide her support on the battle ground. Mum and Charles don't want her to go based on Flora's prediction. And to top that since you have marked her, her wolf is getting restless and agitated. She is spending so much of her time in gym to vent out her nervous energy. We are all worried about her but she is not helping us by agreeing to go on a war. Our pack is not under the imminent threat. She is fighting other people's battles. When we tried to make her understand this, she chastised us saying that we are thinking about ourselves and not helping the weak."

Cayden nodded in understanding and said. "Take me to her."

"That is what I was doing Cayden." Kevin replied while rolling his eyes.

Cayden growled to which Kevin huffed and said. "Don't start this alpha sh*t with me. I already have my stubborn sister to deal with." And he started walking without looking back whether Cayden is following or not.

Cayden sighed and started walking behind him. They entered the gymnasium where they found Valerie giving orders to Jason and Dominic and some other important warriors. Cayden noticed that Flora was looking towards her in anxiety and worry. Autumn was standing at a side looking intently towards Valerie in full concentration. Charles was also standing beside Autumn looking unhappy. And to Cayden's dismay Alexei was standing too close to Valerie. Cayden frowned unhappily noticing the lack of space between them.

"What is he doing here?" Valerie roared without looking towards Cayden and Kevin, who were standing behind her. All the officials who were initially looking towards Valerie were now looking towards Cayden. He found that Autumn, Flora and Charles sighed and smiled when they noticed him standing there. He was left confused. But before he could ponder on that, he felt a whiff of air and found Alexei standing in front of him frowning.