Part 27

Valerie discussed about the conversation she heard between Cayden and Flora with Kevin and Jason. They heard everything with deep interest and were silent afterwards. Valerie was looking towards them with hope of some suggestions or any advice but what she got instead was complete and utter silence. Before she could protest she was interrupted by a knock on the door. She asked the person to enter and found Dmitri entering her office.

"I am sorry to interrupt but I learned from Alexei that you have consummated your bond." He asked.

"Yes and?" She asked skeptically.

"And, nothing. I just wanted to congratulate you and inform you about things I learned in Russia about those hunters and Randall."

Valerie who was sitting leisurely stood up straight and walked towards where Dmitri was standing by the door and gestured towards the sofa lying close to the window of the office. Dmitri followed her and sat down after she got herself seated. Kevin and Jason also looked towards Dmitri with interest. He took a deep breath and started speaking.

"Randall's hatred towards werewolves runs deep. It all started when Alpha Jake of Dark Knight Pack went out for strolling and found a sobbing girl all battered and afraid hiding under a rocky cave on his pack land. When he approached her, he found out that the girl was his mate. He did everything under his control to soothe her and brought her out of the cave. He took her under his shelter and found out that she was married and had an abusive husband. He did everything to make her comfortable in his pack. Few weeks went by and she got comfortable with him and at that time he told him about himself and about werewolf and about mates. He elucidated the fact to her that she was his mate and that she is completely safe with him."

Valerie nodded her head as a gesture for him to continue. So Dmitri continued. "Jake and Sofia, that was the name of the girl, became quite close with each other and she told him about her husband and how abusive he was with her. She told him how he used to beat her and sexually assault her and hence one day tired of her abusive life she decided to run away. Randall found that she has escaped and did everything in his power to bring her back. But luckily she managed to stay hidden from him and that was how Jack found her."

Dmitri took a deep breath before continuing. "As the time went by Jack and Sofia got closer and accepted each other as mates. Somehow Randall found out about Sofia's whereabouts and the fact that she was living in cult sort of community as humans were unaware of werewolves. He knew kidnapping her out that community would be impossible, so he waited patiently for a chance. And he got that soon enough.

When one day Sofia went out for shopping alone, he kidnapped her and took her back to his place where she revealed about Jack and how she loves him. Enraged he raped her, tortured her and beat her very badly. That is how Jack found her days after. She was in very bad condition and she took her last breath in his lap. But before dying she told everything Randall did to her. Blinded by fury Jack killed all of Randall's family as a revenge and almost killed him but due to his dirty tricks he managed to escape. That is how Randall came to know about werewolves and decided to seek revenge.

In his quest to take revenge he came to know about hunters and how they kill supernaturals. He searched about them and when he found them he joined their community. Hunters are known for their nasty strategies and their lousiness.
Randall had the perfect qualities to be one. He started killing all the powerful alphas with deception and dirty tactics and soon became their head. They believe that if they will wipe out the strong alphas they will wipe clean the werewolf community because weak will surrender on their own."

"So that is the reason why he killed my father and rest of some alphas and now he is after us." Valerie concluded and Dmitri nodded. "But why are newly made Vampires helping them?" She asked confused.

Dmitri sighed. "Unfortunately some of them are being brain washed by them. The hunters have managed to make their cult so strong that they have breached our community and have started brain washing new saplings against werewolves. We are trying to control the situation but it has almost gone out of our hands. Yet we are trying."

Valerie nodded. "We will have to look into the matter but for now Cayden and Flora's conversation is bothering me more."
Dmitri looked towards her interrogatively and she explained everything to him.

"It is quite simple Valerie. Flora is your Oracle, if you will order her to tell you anything she will be obliged to do so."

"What if she denied saying that it's her vision and her gift and it is up to her to share that with me or not." Valerie asked.

"You know she can't do it. She is duty bound to you and as I said she is obliged to tell you everything you wish to ask her."

Valerie nodded and she called one of the pack members to call Flora.

Few seconds later Dominic entered the office and bowed in front of her out of respect.

"Alpha our trackers have informed us that there is a mole in our pack who is giving very crucial information to the hunters."

Valerie stood up suddenly. "And are they sure?"

Dominic nodded. Valerie started pacing in agitation and ran her hands in her hair in frustration. "This can't be happening." She muttered.

"What is this Valerie? How come you are out of bed?" A voice said. When everyone looked around they found Cayden standing there in anguish. "Did I not explain properly that you need bed rest?"

"You have no right to just barge in here and order me around. I am an alpha and I demand respect, Cayden. How many times will I have to repeat the same damn thing again and again? As you can see we are discussing matters of our pack and if I will see fit that you are needed I will call you in the meeting respectfully but for now I need you to leave."

"Valerie." Cayden growled.

"Don't test my patience at this moment Cayden. I seriously need to tackle something urgent. So please leave."

"But you are not recovered." He protested.

"I am, stop strangulating me with your over caring attitude and possessiveness, Cayden."

Cayden opened his mouth to say something but Alexei entered along with Flora and said. "I think you heard her clearly. You should leave."

"Alexei you should not speak between two mates" Dmitri spoke from where he was sitting stressing the word mate. Alexei scoffed because he knew what he was trying to do. "I was not interfering between two mates rather I was interfering between two alphas and helping the one who is my great friend."

Kevin looked between the two vampires suspiciously and cleared his throat. "I think two bickering alphas are enough, we don't need two bickering vampires at a situation like this."

Dmitri and Alexei who were shooting daggers with eyes towards each other looked towards Kevin and nodded.

"I need to inform my pack about us and for that I need your presence." Cayden said.

"Not now, I have a pressing issue and my pack needs me." Valerie protested.

"What about my people?" Cayden yelled in frustration.

Valerie scoffed. "See what I meant when I said two alphas as mates are disaster"

Understanding dawn on Cayden and he opened his mouth to appologise but Valerie beat him by asking him to leave.