Part 13

Anger takes away your ability to reason and eats away your brain's capability for higher functions like logic. Valerie knew it, her father always used to tell her that anger is not a good quality in a ruler. A ruler should never make decisions when he is angry or emotional. Despite the fact she was fuming in anger and was like hot molten lava that was on the verge of eruption.

She knew she won't be able to control her anger and would do something formidable, so she decided to morph into her wolf. She was about to shift when the voice of Cayden stopped her.

"I want to talk to you about.."

"I don't want to." Valerie spoke cutting him in between.

Cayden took a deep breath to calm his surging anger. "Look Valerie."

"I said I don't want to hear it." She was about to turn around and walk away but Cayden grasped her wrist tightly and pulled her closer. That did not sit well with her and she punched him square in the jaw. Cayden groaned causing his grip to loosen and that was enough for Valerie to get free. She had just walked three steps when Cayden pulled her back and gripped her tight.

"I said, I want to talk with you and you will listen to me whether you want to or not."

Valerie gasped and felt herself getting aroused causing her face to flush. Cayden smirked and brought his face close to hers and said. "Your wolf likes my dominance, isn't it? I can feel and smell your arousal."

These words brought her out of her reverie and she tried to push him away but Cayden in return tighten his grasp on her waist.

"Let go of me." Valerie snarled.

"Valerie." Cayden warned. "Let me explain to you. Please hear me out."

But Valerie still tried to struggle out of his grasp causing Cayden to growl. When he failed to relax her, he changed his approach and placed his lips on hers. He kissed her fiercely showing dominance and lust for her. He tried to pry her mouth open but Valerie did not budge. He cupped her ass in a firm grip causing Valerie to gasp in between kiss that caused her mouth to open and he pushed his tongue in hers.

Valerie relaxed in his grip and kissed him back as furiously as he was. They both broke the kiss to inhale the precious oxygen in their respective lungs. They were both panting. Valerie looked into his eyes and saw raw lust for her.

"I am sorry." Cayden whispered to which Valerie looked confused towards him. He sighed and continued. "Look what I did was dumb. I should not have agreed with Ryder on his stupid suggestion but I was so eager to gain your attention that I did the stupidest thing one could imagine."

Valerie pushed him but Cayden tighten his grip. Valerie sighed in frustration and said. "Cayden you took the decisions for me by yourself whether it was taking Scarlett as your mate or what you did this morning. You know how difficult it is to be female leader. My pack trusts me and respects me but your pack don't see me like an alpha rather they see me as your luna.  Your side kick not as your equal."

"That is nonsense." Cayden protested.

Valerie scoffed. "Nothing is nonsense. Your beta is a perfect example."

"What do you mean?" Cayden asked confused.

Valerie sighed and ran her hands on her face in frustration. "Look, I have to discuss matters with my officials. Forget I said anything." She turned around and started walking and Cayden once again pulled her back.

"Stop manhandling me." She yelled in frustration. Cayden immediately let her go.

"Look I know what I did with Scarlet was wrong but what I did this morning was just to protect you. Autumn told me about the potion. How could I let you handle the situation after learning that. And I will talk to Ryder."