Part 34

A wave of nervousness and anxiousness spread amongst all the youngsters. Hushed murmurs and whispers were heard all around.

Valerie called Cayden to inform him about the incident. She asked him to put his pack on high alert. He informed his beta and head warrior to be on high alert and to gather all the youngsters to inform them about the abductions and he decided to leave for Stalwart warrior pack.

On the other hand the news about missing teenager spread like a fire in the Valerie's pack. The concerned parents were angry and anxious about the safety of their children.

"We are the strongest of packs and we are not safe at the moment. Nothing of this sort ever happened here, alpha. Since you have accepted your bond with alpha Cayden you have become heedless about the safety of the pack members. We need a strong alpha not some girl who is going gaga over her lover boy." An elderly lady spoke in concern.

"Don't forget you are talking to your alpha." Jason, who was standing beside Valerie, said.

"And don't you forget young man that we will not tolerate a weak leadership." The old lady retorted back.

Before Valerie could open her mouth to defend herself a strong voice defended her honor, which was of Cayden's.

"She is in no way weak, elderly lady. She almost rejected her mate for her pack. She defended her pack keeping her life at stake. Like any true leader she keeps tracks of the imminent threats in the pack and acts strongly. To her, this pack always comes first. She could have abandoned you all and could have come with me to live the life of luna but she stayed here for you. She fought with me for you. How could you even think about saying such demeaning things about her?"

The pack members nodded and whispers of agreement were heard. Valerie smiled and looked towards Cayden in love, appreciation and gratitude and she then looked towards her pack members to address them.

"Jack will be here in an hour, I promise you all. As you all are aware of the threat, everyone will learn the dueling and combat without any exception. The hunters don't know about the fact that we have become resistant to wolfsbane. So keeping that in mind everyone will go at my brother Charlie's laboratory to take a shot of that vaccine."

They all nodded and dispersed to do their respective works.

Valerie looked towards Dominic and ordered. "I need all the available trackers to search for this boy and I need to know why these hunters are targeting teenagers and youngsters. What is it they desire? And someone please find the damn mole, before they provide all the important information of our pack to those bloody hunters." Dominic immediately sprang in action and left to do as ordered by her alpha.

She then looked towards Jason and asked. "Where is Alexei? He is always absent when you need him."

Jason shook his head. "I don't know alpha. But I can find out."

"Make sure to tell Autumn that I need her too." She asked Jason who nodded in reply and went away.

"What are you planning to do?" Cayden asked dreadfully.

She looked towards him in pain. "I think you already know. I can tell that from the tone of your voice."

"You can't do that Valerie. I don't trust Alexei." Cayden growled.

"Look, Cayden, I don't know when will Dmitri return and neither I know when will I have to march for the battle field. I need the assurance that if something happened to me, you will be safe and sound. We can't leave both packs without alphas. We can't let those bastards win."

Cayden looked towards her defeated and pulled her towards himself. He put his lips on hers and kissed her deeply and passionately which she responded.

"Spend the night in my pack with me." Cayden requested. Valerie agreed and kissed him back.

********

Valerie, Cayden, Alexei and Autumn were all standing in an empty dark room lit by the candles. A pentagonal shape was made in the centre of the room in which some herbs, and some wild flowers were placed. At the corners of that pentagon scented candles were placed. An empty crystal bowl and a knife was placed in the centre of that geometrical shape and Autumn was enchanting spells in Latin which she was reading from that ancient book of spells.

"Cut your palm with that knife and put five drops of your blood in that bowl." Autumn instructed Valerie.

Valerie walked towards the pentagon. She sat beside it and did as instructed by Autumn.

"Now Cayden, you go and do the same thing." Cayden reluctantly walked towards pentagon and repeated the action performed by Valerie.

"Now Valerie take the bowl in your hand and form a circle with that blood in the centre of pentagon." Autumn instructed and Valerie followed.

Autumn again started enchanting some spells and the blood caught fire. A searing pain was felt by both Cayden and Valerie at the palm where they have sliced their respective hands. They both shared a worried look.

"Don't worry, you both are still mates." Autumn replied sensing their apprehension. They both nodded and shared a painful smile.

"Slit your hand once again, Valerie and repeat the procedure. Before that, take some flowers of gardenia and put them inside the bowl. The flowers will neutralize the mixture of your blood and Cayden's blood."

Valerie did as instructed and placed the bowl in the centre and Autumn recited some spells.

"Alexei pick that bowl and drink that blood." Alexei did so happily.

"Repeat the procedure with your blood, so that Valerie could drink it." Autumn instructed and he followed them. Valerie took the bowl and drank from it.

"Now you are the sire of Valerie  and it is important amongst vampires to drink blood from the source. So Alexei you must bite her neck to suck her blood. You both must stand in the middle of the pentagon" Autumn said.

"I will do so happily." Alexei smirked and Cayden stood there sulking.

Alexei tilted Valerie's head and bit her in the neck. Valerie felt euphoria when Alexei bit her. She moaned in pleasure causing Alexei to smirk and Cayden to growl. He lunged for Alexei but was not able to enter the pentagon. A fire sort of thing stopped him from entering the geometrical.

Autumn looked painfully towards him and said. "You won't be able to enter that before the procedure is completed." He stood there sulking.

Once the procedure was completed the fire subsided. Valerie looked towards Cayden in shame because she knew she enjoyed being bitten by Alexei.

"The procedure is complete." Autumn informed.

"I would like to talk with Cayden alone." Valerie said to no one in particular.

Alexei left them reluctantly, followed by Autumn.

"I am sorry." Valerie said once they both were alone.

Cayden sighed. "My love for you is not that weak. I agree I got angry but it was not your mistake. Vampire bites generally make the victim euphoric. Nothing can separate us."

Valerie smiled and kissed him deeply.

Vote and comment.

Share your awesome thoughts with me. Let me know how you feel about the progress of story.