Part 48

For the first time ever Cayden did not react to what Alexei said and everyone was looking towards him to see his reaction. Even Alexei was looking towards him smirking and expecting Cayden to either pounce on him or punch him. But he was left disappointed when he did not do any of this. He was rather just standing there staring at him.

The smirk vanished from Alexei's face and he cleared his throat to continue.

"Ahem.. Ah.. I will try to suck out as much blood possible from her body while Autumn will recite incantations and spells for a healthy body. Then I will give my own blood to Valerie."

"But won't exchanging blood with a vampire make the other person one too." Dominic asked Alexei impatiently cutting his speech in between.

Alexei smiled and replied. "I would have discussed that if you had not interrupted me in between."

Dominic glared towards him but Alexei just smiled and continued. "As I was saying I will give my blood to Valerie and that may cause Valerie to change into vampire or she might become a hybrid. Generally werewolves react negatively to vampire's blood but as Valerie is sired to me chances are that she will not react to my blood."

He looked around to see if anyone is going to say something. When nobody objected he continued. "Cayden is Valerie mate. So it will be good if he also gives some of his blood to her."

"Won't our blood react with each other in her body. My antigens will try to destroy your antibodies. Vampires and weres don't settle together." Cayden asked.

"Again you are her mate and I am her sire. Situation here is different."

"But what if blood reacted?" Jason asked

"Then she will die. She is already dying." Alexei rolled his eyes.

Many growls were heard at the same time. "Okay pups calm down, I was just joking."

"This is not the time Lex." Dmitri reprimanded him and Alexei put his hands up in surrender.

"We have Charles for this. We will mix some of my blood, Valerie's blood and Cayden's blood in Charles's lab and see what happens."

"But laboratory results may vary from the live subject." Charles interjected.

"Don't you have some drugs that can do wonders." Alexei said.

"Yes, but it's risky." He replied

"We need to take those risks. Else there is no other way to save her. She is already dying. You know it and we all know it. It is better to do something and let her die rather that do nothing and watch her die."

"He is right." Jennifer said. "I have seen my husband dying. I didn't do anything to save him and I repent that day till now. I am ready to take the risk. I am her legal guardian and I can do whatever I want and I want Alexei to do what he is saying."

Nobody uttered a word because they knew this was their best shot.

                                                                                       **********************

Later that day Charles draw some of Valerie's blood along with Cayden's and Alexei's and took it to his lab to examine it. After three long hours he returned back with positive reports and gave them the permission to carry on with the procedure. The pack doctor also made the necessary arrangements for blood transfusion and transmission in the sterile environment of pack hospital.

Alexei started sucking her blood out but the magic in it caused him to weaken and he vomited the whole blood out which added a point more in the list of  complications.

"I can do something for this." Autumn said. "The magic is harmful in Valerie's body but its effects lessen in Alexei's. Moreover he is an ancient vampire that makes him less vulnerable making my magic effective."

"Go on then." Dmitri said impatiently.

Autumn recited some spells while Alexei was sucking Valerie's blood. When the process was completed Alexei was weak but not that weak as Autumn's spell helped a lot. He asked the pack doctor to start the blood transmission but Autumn was against it as he was quite weak. But Alexei was hell bent on completing the process.

The pack doctor started the process of transmission and transfused Alexei's blood into Valerie. In between the transmission Valerie started convulsing. Charles who was vigilating the whole process was left flabbergasted.

"I told you Alexei the environment in the lab and the one in real are different. She is convulsing that means she is rejecting your blood."

"Don't stop the transmission Charles." Alexei yelled.

"But she is convulsing." He replied anxiously.

"That is normal. She is a werewolf. She will fight my blood. Wait for some time."

"You better be right Alexei or I will kill you if something happened to my sister."

But unfortunately the convulsions did not stop. Its frequency sure decreased but the convulsions were not totally stopped. So Alexei asked the pack doctor to transfuse Cayden's blood too at the same time.

Pack doctor did as told by Alexei and asked Cayden to lie down on the bed for blood transfusion. The convulsion remained the same. Its intensity was low but Valerie was still convulsing.

"She needs the blood of her own family." Flora said out of nowhere while Autumn was reciting spells for Valerie's health.

Everyone looked towards her confused. "Yes" She continued. "Her own blood is less to fight the antibodies of vampire's blood as Alexei has sucked most of her blood out of her leaving her barely alive. She does not have much of it to fight yours all. She needs the blood of her own family."

"I can help." Kevin answered immediately. Everyone looked towards Alexei and he nodded. So the doctor inserted the third tube in her body to give Kevin's blood.

Jennifer looked at her daughter pierced by so many tubes and could not stop herself and cried. Charles embraced her and asked her not to lose hope.

"Valerie is a fighter. She will come out of it. She is much stronger and determined than all of us."

Jennifer nodded and wiped her tears. Soon Valerie's convulsion stopped after Kevin's blood was injected. After two hours, the whole process was completed which left everyone drained and weak.

Now it was just wait and watch. Autumn was reciting the spells for her good health and giving Valerie power to fight the dark magic. It was two o'clock in the night when Valerie started breathing laboriously.

"What is happening?" Dmitri asked Autumn.

"Don't worry. She is recovering. She will gain her senses any minute and will be up."

Soon Valerie's laborious breathing changed into normal. She opened her eyes. She looked around towards everyone and smiled. She asked for water. When the nurse provided her the water she spit it out. The water burned her throat. Everyone looked confused.

"She needs blood." Alexei said that left everyone bewildered.

"You said she won't turn into you." Cayden whispered yelled in his ears.

"She hasn't but it's my blood in her body that is doing it. She will recover from it soon." He replied. "Bring me a flask young lady." He asked the nurse standing beside Valerie's bed. She nodded and went to bring one.

When she returned with it, Alexei took the flask and pierced his wrist with his fangs to draw blood out. He then poured some of the blood into the flask and asked the nurse to give it to Valerie. She obliged and gave the flask to her alpha. Valerie snatched the flask from the nurse's hand gulped it down in one go.

After drinking the blood she felt sated and happy but she was still weak. She smiled once and again went into the slumber.

How was the update? Let me know in the comment section and do vote please. 

Enjoy the update till next.