Part 2

The sound of grunting and huffing was heard in the empty hall. Ryder, a dark haired muscular man with hazel eyes and sharp jaw entered the empty hall and looked at the man who was extruding his pent up frustration on the punching bag relentlessly. He waited for few minutes to gain his attention but when the man didn't look towards him he cleared his throat and uttered a hesitant "Alpha"

The punching on the bag stopped immediately and the man looked towards Ryder standing across the empty hall. He started removing his gloves and then the bandages wrapped around his hand. He crossed the hall and grasped the bottle kept on the table and gulped water from it. After placing the bottle back on the table he looked towards his beta, Ryder.

"What is the news?" he asked. 

Ryder looked at his Alpha's irate face and gulped in nervousness before giving the dreaded news. His Alpha was known for ruling with iron fist and stringency. The Alpha's large frame was enough to intimidate his opponents. The grey eyes were boring deeply into Ryder's hazels and his dark brown locks were falling on his forehead matted with glistened sweat.

"Alpha, the government officials are not agreeing. They are asking to vacate as soon as possible. The new officials are not happy about our existence and the former officials say that they can not guarantee that our secret won't be exposed. They said if we don't want to be the next lab rats then we should locate to the assigned place."

Cayden sighed, he was not ready to leave the place where he lived his entire life. It was the land ruled by his father and his ancestors. The small Canadian town shares its border with Alaska and was his home since he was born but the new government officials had many hunters involved. And if they got the power, their pack will be terminated the first day they will come into the power. So temporarily the present government asked them to relocate to Alaska where the numbers of hunters were far less than here.

"But that territory is already ruled by another alpha." Cayden asked Ryder while clenching his jaw. He was feeling helpless which was against his nature.

"Yes but the officials have provided us space which is 6 miles away from the said Alpha's territory. But, still it is advisable that you meet the Alpha beforehand. The officials are already trying to contact her."

"Her!" Cayden exclaimed. "I didn't know the pack was ruled by a she wolf. I hope she cooperates." He sighed and continued "Still we will have to relocate from Canada to America."

"Technically our land shares borders with Alaska. It won't be a major shift." Ryder replied to calm down his Alpha's nerves.

"How much time will it take for me to reach there?" Cayden asked.

"Not more than six hours"

"And how are preparations for moving going?"

"The pack members are excited Alpha. Nothing concerning. They are happy with the decision as they were concerned about the hunters getting involved in government affairs. They have their children to think about. Plus this arrangement is temporary. We will try hard to run down the elected government with the help of previous one."

Cayden nodded. "I will be leaving in ten for the Bridgeville to meet her. Make the necessary arrangements and brief me about the Alpha whom I am meeting."

Ryder immediately left to obey his Alpha's orders.

***************

"Why are they shifting again?" Valerie asked Jason.

"Valerie, seriously stop playing that damn video game and listen to me carefully. The officials will be arriving any minute and I won't repeat it for the third time, again." Jason huffed.