Part 47

A lull spread on the pack after the battle. Everyone was worried about Valerie and her health. She was unable to recover from the injury. Jason, Kevin and Dominic fought vivaciously and vigorously after Valerie went down and won the battle somehow. One of the warriors carried Valerie back into the pack infirmary during battle and called the pack doctor for the treatment but he was unable to revive her.

Since then Autumn and Flora both were doing their level best to cure their alpha with the help of magic and runes but were in vain. Nothing was acting on her. Autumn was unable to understand why her magical powers were not showing any effect on her. Flora on the other hand was trying to look into the future but was in vain.

Charles took her blood sample for testing and found that her own cells were destroying her. It was like her body was destructing her at a fast pace. That worried him. He told the same thing to Autumn who decided to try some dark magic to treat her.

She somehow was able to slow down the pace of the destruction that was happening in her body but was not able to cure it.

The news of her bad health travelled fast and reached Mystic Moon. Cayden immediately sprang into action and traversed towards Stalwart Warrior where he was stopped by the warriors at the boundary.

He roared in agony causing the warriors to flinch in fear. They called Dominic to sort out the matter.

"Our alpha ordered us that no one from Mystic Moon should enter this pack. We are just biding by the rules."

"She is my mate and in danger. I will destroy each and everything standing in my way to reach her."

Kevin reached the boundary when he was informed about the chaos and found a very angry and anxious Cayden yelling at Dominic.

"Let him in." Kevin ordered.

"But"

"Dominic, I am the acting alpha and I am commanding you let him enter. He is her mate maybe in his presence she will recover."

Dominic nodded and stepped aside to let him enter.

When Cayden reached Valerie's room where she was lying motionless on her bed, a gasp left his mouth. He was devastated by her looks. She was lying motionless. A bluish hue was present on her lips and dark circles were seen around her eyes. Her skin was chapped and dry.

"Why is she not recovering?" He asked in a whisper. Jennifer who was sitting beside her bed and was looking pale did not respond. He looked around and saw that only Jennifer is sitting accompanying her.

"Where is everyone?" He asked.

"Trying everything they can in their power to save her. You can't expect them to just sit idly here like me." Jennifer responded irately. "I couldn't do anything when my husband died and I couldn't do anything now."

For the first time he saw how vulnerable she looked. He walked where she was sitting and embraced her from the side to console. She sobbed and then the whole dam was set loose. She cried her heart out and Cayden could not do anything except being there for her. He felt helpless as a mate and as an alpha.

Few minutes later Dmitri, Alexei and Autumn entered the room. Both Jennifer and Cayden looked towards them with hope.

"We finally know what hit her." Dmitri said. "I have called all the important people here. Let us wait for them."

Cayden looked impatient but decided to wait. Soon Kevin, Jason, Dominic, Flora, Charles and Genesis entered and looked towards Dmitri.

When he found that he has got everyone's attention he started speaking. "It was a planned attack. They attacked this pack deliberately. Their target was Valerie and Cayden. They wanted both dead as they are the major set back for them to conquer Alaska. They knew that they both are mates and will come for each other's help. But when they saw Valerie fighting alone they decided to target her only. They used arrow made with a deadly potion that can kill the strongest of alpha. The potion is made with the help of dark magic of ancient times. That is why Autumn is unable to cure her because that kind of magic needs cruelty"

"Now what?" Cayden asked.

"Now, I will come in handy." Alexei take an exaggerated bow and smiled mischeviously.

Cayden rolled his eyes. Everyone looked in anger towards him as he was behaving like a child in such a serious situation.

"How will you do it?" Jason asked.

"Simple, by sucking her blood." He replied with a devilish smile.

A short and simple update

Let me know how was it.

Till then ciao