Part 18

A huge wolf, dark as night was patrolling the periphery of his pack land followed by a she wolf of dark brown color and a male wolf of dirty grey color. The giant dark wolf was emitting the aura of dominance and strength.

Satisfied with the boundary security he returned back inside the main land of his pack and howled to tell his pack members that everything was fine and good. A warrior approached the trio and provided them clothes to change.

The humongous male wolf transformed from its wolf form to human form in front of everyone without any inhibition. His muscular chest and pectorals were on display causing few female warriors to ogle at him. He was a fine specimen but belonged to someone else and every female warrior knew about it.

"Alpha." Someone called him from the back. He looked back to find his tracker standing. He nodded for him to speak.

"Alpha Valerie is making her warriors to train hard. If the information is to be believed her oracle is having visions of her getting seriously injured. Her previous vision of Valerie's mother's death has been changed. Her brother Charles is working very diligently on making some sort of drugs that will help her warriors in the field. If the rumors are to be believed her wolf is getting restless and agitated. She is spending too much time in the gymnasium venting out her nervous energy. Her trackers are keeping close watch on hunters just like ours and she is still very vigilant of our pack members. No one from Mystic Moon is allowed near their pack boundary."

Cayden looked impressed towards him and patted him on the back and asked. "If she is so vigilant about our pack members how were you able to get all this information?"

"Alpha, the girl who spread the rumor about you taking over the Stalwart Warrior pack was my source. She is still bitter about her punishment and that is what concerns me. If she can provide me all this information, she can easily give away any intel to anyone else. That is why I have made some of my people to follow her."

Cayden nodded his head once again impressed by his tracker's presence of mind. But he was worried about Valerie. She had got a mole in her pack and she was unaware of it. He tried calling her but she directly blocked him. He tried contacting Dmitri but found out that he went to Russia to discuss about hunters with his community but Alexei was still present with Valerie for her safety and Cayden felt appreciated towards him for his gestures.

Cayden dismissed his tracker and went inside his pack house. Ryder and Scarlett entered behind him.

"I want to have a talk with Valerie." Cayden said to no one in particular.

Scarlett and Ryder looked towards each other.

"But alpha she does not wish to meet you." Scarlett pointed out. Cayden walked behind his desk and took seat on his chair. He looked around his newly formed office and smiled. It turned out to be perfect. He then looked towards Scarlett to answer her previous query. "I know that. But I won't meet her as a mate but as a neighboring alpha." He looked towards Ryder and said. "Call Jason or Kevin and fix a meeting with the alpha of Stalwart warrior pack. Tell them it is an official meet nothing personal will be discussed."

Ryder nodded and left to call. Cayden heaved a sigh and reclined back on his chair. Two hands were placed on his shoulders. Cayden opened his eyes and found Scarlett standing behind his chair.

"Relax" She said. "Your muscles are very tensed. Just relax and take a deep breath." She started working on his shoulders causing Cayden to sigh in relief. He closed his eyes relaxed and said. "Why was I assigned such headstrong and difficult mate, I don't understand. She is passionate alpha. Why can't she be a passionate mate? I miss her Scarlett. I haven't seen her for weeks. I am missing her fragrance, her ferocious nature, her anger, her long, thick hair. I miss her so much."

Scarlett stopped massaging his shoulders and came to stand in front of him. "Cayden, you don't know the power of the bond. If you are feeling so restless think how anxious Valerie would be. You have marked her, think how much heightened her feelings would be for you."

Cayden straighten up and took a deep breath. "I know that Scarlett, that is why I am more worried about her. She is very good at suppressing her feelings. She is angry at me because I marked her with deception, without her permission. But I could never have done what she wanted me to do. I know I was wrong at challenging her but she took it to next level. I love her. I care about her. I just." He punched the desk in front of him making a hole in the wood and stood up frustrated and ran out of his office.

He changed in mid sprint in his wolf form and started running at full pace towards Valerie's pack. He was under his wolf's influence and was not thinking properly. He reached at the border and the warriors patrolling there growled at him. He growled back in his deep alpha tone causing some of the new warriors to shake in fear.

Kevin who was patrolling at the borders heard the deep growl and he ran towards it. When he reached there he found Cayden's dark wolf standing there growling. Kevin changed back into his human form and wore the spare shorts present there.

"Cayden." He called causing the wolf's head to look towards him. When Cayden saw Kevin he changed back into his human form. Kevin gave him shorts to wear and asked him to enter the border. Some of the wolves growled at Cayden.

"Silence." Kevin ordered and he looked towards Cayden and said. "I am glad you are here. Valerie needs you badly."

Cayden was left stunned at this and he then looked towards where Kevin was standing and found him missing. He was walking towards the pack land so Cayden followed him confused.

Updates on Saturday.

Vote and Comment please!!

Love you all amazing readers.