Part 30

Anger halts one's ability to think properly and if that anger is mixed with ego that causes havoc and destruction. That havoc and destruction was going inside the mind of Valerie when she came to know about the traitor. Her beast was making every little effort to overpower her human form and come out. The beast wanted the blood of that traitor. She wanted to tear Victoria apart piece by piece and kill her in cold blood.

Valerie was pacing in her office in anger and a deadly desire to kill. When Dominic entered inside the office with Victoria handcuffed. Valerie growled voraciously causing everyone in the room to startle except Cayden.

Cayden reacted immediately to the situation. He walked up to her to stand beside her and started stroking her back which caused her beast to calm down. She took deep breaths to control the boiling anger inside her and said in a commanding tone. "I am giving you a last chance to come clean, Victoria. Tell me everything what prompted you to go against your own pack and your own alpha."

Victoria who was shivering in fear looked confused towards Valerie and spoke in a meek tone. "I am afraid, I don't understand what you mean."

Valerie growled in anger. "You are acting so imbecile and innocent in front of me while giving out important information to the hunters. And you thought I will not find about it. I am afraid it is my weakness and my tracker's weakness that they did not find out about it themselves and a neighboring alpha and their tracker had to inform me about it. I am ashamed of myself and I can't believe that I did not find about it myself."

"I.... alpha....I" Victoria strutted. "Af.. after you punished me I was angry and I did spread rumors about you and this pack about your strategies but I never gave any information to the hunters and will never do so in future. I know they are threat to us and rest of the werewolf community, why would I help them?"

"You are lying." Valerie roared in anger.

Victoria shrank in fear and said meekly. "I am not lying." She started sobbing. "I was angry when you punished me but I would never do such heinous thing. I did gave information to aplha Cayden's trackers. But only because you were enraged at them and were not allowing them to enter. I knew alpha Cayden will never harm you and the information that I gave was harmless too."

"So if I call Autumn and ask her to perform magic on you to compel you to tell the truth, you will say same thing?" Valerie asked and Victoria nodded meekly.

Before Valerie could ask or say anything else, Dmitri entered and said in urgency. "I need to have a word with you and Cayden."

"I am in the middle of something Dmitri." Valerie replied back.

"It's about hunters." He said. Valerie and Cayden exchanged looks and then nodded.

"Dominic I want you to wait outside. Make sure she is with you all the time. I want to interrogate her further."

Dominic nodded and left. Once he left Dmitri asked both of them to take seats. Once every one was seated Dmitri took a deep breath and started speaking.

"I don't know how but the hunters have come to know about your blood bond. They know if one amongst you die the other's death is inevitable. And because your packs are amongst the strongest packs of the Alaska, if they target both of you they will be able to weaken the werewolf population. Maximum werewolves reside here in Alaska, so targeting the werewolf community here in Alaska will weaken the over all strength of the weres in America."

Cayden and Valerie shared a worried look and Cayden said. "That means, we will have to break our bond as soon as possible." Dmitri nodded.

Valerie summoned Autumn and within minutes she was in front of them. She bowed in front of them out of respect.

"What is the progress Autumn about our  blood bond?' Valerie asked.

"I am trying alpha but every way leaves me with a dead end. Either one of you will die if I tried to break the bond or both of you. I have searched many books they all lead to this. Some spells which are less complicated and can break the blood bond can also break the mate bond in general." Autumn replied.

"So is there no way out?" Cayden asked.

"I have not accepted defeat alpha and neither should you. I am trying my level best and will keep on trying till I find the solution."

"But we don't have much time Autumn." Valerie replied. "Hunters have come to know about our bond and they are targeting it."

Autumn looked worriedly towards Valerie. "And how did they find about it?"

"There is a mole amongst us." She replied. "We thought we have found her but after talking to her I don't think so it's her"

"About whom are you talking about?" Autumn asked.

"Victoria." Cayden replied. "My trackers told me that she is giving out information about this pack which she was but the information she was providing was harmless. She has even agreed. No one amongst the pack members know about our blood bond except the officials. So it is hardly a probability that she is the one."

"Do you trust your officials?" Dmitri asked.

"I trust them blindly Dmitri and you know that too." Valerie replied and Cayden nodded in agreement.

"Sometimes we are betrayed by those whom we trust blindly." Dmitri pointed out.

"I will see that when my faith will shatter until then I will stand my point." Valerie said while standing up. She called Dominic and asked him to inform the trackers to work double and put Victoria in prison for ten days  for leaking information even if to neighboring pack.

Valerie and Cayden doubled their pack security. They even started training hard. Their warriors and trackers were also training hard. Autumn was doing her level best to find out the solution about the bond.

Flora who was not able to see any vision was also very tensed. She was not able to see anything or predict anything which was a case of worry for her. The impending doom on the pack had put much pressure on her to predict something.
Valerie and Cayden had both informed their pack members about the problem with hunters but deliberately did not tell about mole as he or she will get alert and will not commit any sort of mistake.
The days went by and neither Autumn nor Flora had any victory. Even the trackers were not able to find anything regarding mole. On whole it was all a bummer for them. Dark grey clouds were hovering on them.

Vote and comment please.
Let me know your views how the story is progressing.