Part 4

The next morning Valerie summoned all her new recruited warrior in the training ground. She was pleased to see that there was no sign of nervousness even after the punishment assigned. She was wise and knew better that sometimes you need manipulation to break the toughest of the warrior and her pack was trained to tolerate the brutality of physical torture.

She was standing on the make shift podium in the middle of the ground wearing yoga pants and tank top. Cayden who was standing in the balcony of guest room was watching intently the scene being unfolded. He had just woken up from his sleep and was not yet wide awake. Unfortunately he was not able to hear anything despite having werewolf senses. So he decided to go incognito in the field to find out. He took his hoodie that was lying on his bed and wore it. He descended the stairs and walked towards the grounds. Upon reaching he hid behind a large tree and watched the scene.

"I guess all of you are ravenous this morning." Valerie asked but no one spoke or gave any sign of weakness.

She smiled pleased. "I am impressed, no doubt. But I want to know what kind of coward have I recruited who is timid enough to not come forward and accept his or her mistake and are letting rest of the pack mates to suffer. What kind of weakling would they be to hide behind their friends? I pity them for they are not honoring the sacrifice that their pack mates are making for them. Is that person so frightened of me that they do not have the guts to step forward an accept their muddle?"

There was a pin drop silence for a second. No one stepped forward, no movement was seen. But, then, suddenly there was rustling at the back and a young boy stepped forward from the line. He was muscular and the tattoo on his bicep showed his ranking as warrior. He bowed his head in front of his Alpha and then looked up.

"It was me." He stated without an ounce of fear. Valerie was proud that his voice is not quivering and he is not showing any sign of fear. She stepped down from the podium. She looked deep in his eyes. He tried to make eye contact with his alpha but failed and looked down. Valerie asked with no nonsense. "And why did you not accept your fault the first place?"

"I was afraid." He replied.

"And now you are not?" She challenged.

"I am but I am the member of the Stalwart warrior pack, I could be meek but I am an honorable Stalwart pack member. Honor is above all."

Valerie smiled pleased by his answer. "All of you are allowed to disperse, have a mighty breakfast. All except you John." She said pointing towards the young muscular warrior.

Cayden who was hiding nearby was impressed with the way Valerie handled the situation. Every warrior left as ordered by their alpha. Valerie looked towards Dominic when they left and said. "Escort our guest out from behind the tree, Dominic."

Cayden raised his eyebrows in surprise and before Dominic could come to get him he stepped out from  hiding and started walking towards the group. When he reached he asked. "You knew I was there?"

Valerie smiled "If I wouldn't have known then I would be a careless Alpha. You are our guest and you are more than welcome to join our meetings, there is no need to hide."
She then looked towards John with stern gaze. "Your carelessness could have costs us the loss of our warriors. Now you know why you are prohibited from using the technology at patrolling. Distraction is something we can't afford. Those rouges managed to cross the border because you folks were busy playing video games. Go have your breakfast and for a week you will be on night shift in the dungeons, no more patrolling duties. Have I made myself clear?"

"Yes alpha" He replied meekly.

"Is this the way a soldier takes a command in this pack?" She asked glaring towards him.