Part 28

"Why do I always lose my cool and act like a jerk in front of her. I am so used to order around that I always forget that she is an alpha too." Cayden was pacing in agony. He punched the wall creating a hole in it.

"You are acting like a baby." Scarlett rolled her eyes and plopped down on the couch beside Cayden's table.

"You are talking to your alpha." Cayden growled.

"I thought you were discussing your love problems with us, as friends." Ryder said sitting near the window with his feet placed up on the window sill and munching pop corns.

Cayden rolled his eyes. "I don't know why I keep you around. You guys are useless. Both of you are without your respective mates and I am discussing my love problems with you."

Ryder snorted. "Look who is talking. The one who is master in pissing his mate off. Have you even kissed her?"

Cayden avoided making eye contact and scratched his neck nervously. Ryder who was sitting casually jumped up on his feet causing his popcorns to scatter on the floor.

"Holy shit you have kissed her?" He asked bewildered. Cayden looked elsewhere and avoided giving him reply. Ryder gasped and ran towards him and pulled Cayden towards himself.

"You have done more than kissing?" He asked dumbfounded.

Scarlett rolled her eyes. "Stop acting like a teenage girl, Ryder. Who will call you a beta of the strongest pack by looking at the way you are acting."

"They have kissed and done god knows what. And all he do is lament in front of us and complains how she does not feel anything about him and how she does not accept him her mate."

"You are a doofus, Ryder." Scarlett started. "They have consummated their bond. Are you that blind that you haven't noticed the scar on his neck or have you become so thick that you haven't smelled the change in his body fragrance? You are a werewolf, Ryder, for crying out loud. How can you miss such simple things about your alpha?"

She looked towards Cayden and said. "You need to change your beta. His senses are useless."

"I am sick, Scarlett and you know that too. That bloody pack doctor has given me medicines that are interfering with my sense of smell and hearing."

"Come one Ryder, at least you could have given a good excuse." Scarlett retaliated back.

Cayden rolled his eyes at the way his top commandments were bickering like children. The ringing of his cell phone distracted him from their useless bickering and when he saw the caller he immediately picked it up and gestured the duo to stop quarreling which they immediately obliged.

"Alpha Cayden, it's an emergency." Flora said nervously.

"Go on." Cayden commanded.

"Alpha Valerie has summoned me to her room. What if she asks me about my vision?"

Before Cayden could reply Flora's phone was snatched from her hand by Dominic who was glaring at her. He disconnected the call and growled. "You know this can be called treason. We have got an intel about a mole in our pack, don't make me doubt your loyalties"

"I can never betray my alpha." Flora protested.

"But your actions speak something else." Dominic pointed out and as if to solidify his point Flora's phone rang displaying Cayden's name on her screen. Dominic looked pointedly towards her.

"He is her mate." She protested.

"Really!" Dominic asked sarcastically. "Do tell." He rejected the incoming call and switched off her mobile and put it back in his pocket. "Your presence was demanded fifteen minutes ago and you didn't show up. Guess you were busy serving some other alpha."

"You can't question my loyalty, Dominic."

"Sure, I can. Now if you could please follow me." He demanded.

Flora groaned and started following him. When they reached pack office they saw a heated discussion going on. Charles who was previously absent was also present. He was looking serious. Alexei and Dmitri were talking about some spells that Autumn can perform to reveal about mole's identity. When Valerie saw Flora with Dominic she raised her hand to make everyone quite. They all immediately stopped talking and looked towards Flora and Dominic.

"I don't have much time Flora. We have a mole in our pack, so I need you to brief me about what you and Cayden were talking this morning."

Flora hesitated for a bit but then straightened her spine and spoke. "I am sorry alpha I can't tell you that. It is between me and alpha Cayden."

If looks could kill Flora would be dead. Valerie closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She opened her eyes and said. "I want to talk with her alone. If everyone could please wait outside?"

Every person present scrambled out shutting the door behind them.

"I am asking again very politely Flora. What happened between you and Cayden this morning?"

"I can't tell you alpha. I am so sorry." Flora replied meekly.

"I order you to tell me, Flora and I am warning you, the consequences of your decision will be dire."

Flora gulped visibly. She played nervously with her hands. "I am afraid alpha I just can't...."

Valerie raised a finger. "Before you continue with your sentence I am again warning you, your loyalties are at stake. Let me remind you that I have ordered you to tell me something as your alpha and your answer will determine everything."

She understood the warning her alpha gave. She nodded and took a deep breath and said. "I had a vision. I was coming to inform you that when Cayden met me outside your room and asked me to tell him about the vision. I told him about it and he asked me to keep it a secret for your own good. That is why I was reluctant."

"You will tell me everything Flora. You have pledged your loyalties and your services to me no matter what."

Flora nodded and continued. "I saw you lying on ground covered in blood and on the verge of death."

There was pin drop silence for a second before Valerie swore. "F*ck. Why is it always bloody me on the ground." She then stopped for a second and thought something. She then continued. "Haven't Autumn done some voodoo on us and created some sire bond?" Valerie asked and Flora nodded in confusion.

"So if I die, then Cayden won't be able to live." She asked suddenly struck with realization. Flora nodded.

Valerie swore again. "Why is it that every exceptional and peculiar thing happens with me?" She swore profanities in frustration. She asked Flora to call everyone in once she managed to calm her raging storm.

"All okay?" Alexei asked worrisome once everyone entered.

Valerie nodded and addressed everyone in the room. "We have a pressing issue about a mole and then the major issue of Randall and hunters. Find the mole in any possible way. Use magic, hypnotism, or anything but I want results. And as per the hunters, make sure every child above ten is trained for self defense. Women, except elderly and pregnant, should also be given training. Elderly males are also exception. Call a meeting of the neighboring packs. We need a strategy and we need it soon. Make sure we are in good terms with politicians. Warn them about hunters invading their political parties. Do everything possible in your capacity to fulfill it. And before you all leave, someone please inform Autumn that I want to meet her asap."

Everyone nodded and left leaving behind a tensed alpha who was worried not for herself but for her mate.

Happy Reading :)

Do vote and comment.