Part 29

Cayden was strolling in his office thinking about the phone call that he had with Flora when suddenly the door to his office burst open and a fuming Valerie entered followed by Ryder who was trying to stop her from entering.

Cayden saw the chaos and gestured Ryder to leave them alone. Once he was out of earshot Valerie asked in anguish. "How dare you ask my oracle to hide things from me? She serves me. She obeys me. Stop interfering in my matters now."

Cayden closed his eyes and took a calming breath. He then opened his eyes and walked towards Valerie. He grasped her shoulders gently and said. "I am sorry for what I did."

Valerie was about to open her mouth to yell at him as a reflex but she closed it surprised. "You are what?" She asked flabbergasted.

"I am sorry Valerie." He said calmly. "I should have let her discuss it with you. As usual I got over protected and over bearing. I should have not done what I did and I am sorry for it."

"Wow" Valerie expelled air surprised. "You do not stop to amaze me". She loosened his grip from her shoulders and took a seat in his office and gestured him to sit. She sighed and spoke. "Autumn has created some bond between us as you know. If I die, you will also die automatically. And I can't let that happen, Cayden."

"But why would I want to live without you?" He asked confused.

"That is where you are wrong Cayden. We are the alphas. We don't have any right to be selfish. If one amongst us dies, then the other must live for our pack members. They need a strong leader to thrive."

"But you have Kevin and Jason to lead and I have Ryder."

"They are not alphas, Cayden. They may be strong but they are not alphas. A pack needs a leader and that too strong one. So I want our bond to be broken."

Cayden gasped. "You want to reject me. I thought you loved me."

Valerie rolled her eyes. "When it comes to me and our bond, you act like a fool Cayden. I meant I want this sire bond broken, so that if one amongst us dies then the other should be present to rule the packs with iron fist. And that is why I was here. I want to tell my decision to my pack members, that if in case I die then they should accept you as a helping hand, who will help Kevin in ruling."

Cayden stood up frustrated. "How can you even think like that Valerie?"

Valerie sighed and stood up too. She placed her hand on his shoulder gently. "Like I said, we are alphas and we don't have any right to be selfish. If there is danger to my life I want you to be there for my family and my people and for that I need this bond to be broken. We will be mates but this sire bond made with blood will be broken. I have asked Autumn to look into the matter, and I need your cooperation for this."

Cayden nodded his head reluctantly and pulled her in for a warm and loving embrace. He muttered a soft love you in her ear. She looked towards him and responded him by giving him a toe curling kiss on his lips which he responded equally passionately.

"I am there for you from now onwards. I promise I won't act like douche. I sometimes act like a super possessive mate, I will try to tame my instincts." Cayden said while pecking her lips. She giggled like a teenage girl and replied. "And I promise to not react instantly and in anguish." They smiled and shared a passionate kiss.

Their conversation was being heard by someone standing outside. That someone heard Ryder coming from the other side and that person immediately scrambled away from the door but Ryder saw the person's shadow and yelled for them to stop.

Cayden and Valerie heard the shouting and shared a worried glance. They came out and saw Ryder running towards the window at the back of the hall. Cayden and Valerie ran behind him and saw him cursing loudly.

"What is it?" Cayden asked worried.

"I saw someone's shadow outside your office and I think that someone was eavesdropping whatever you both were discussing."

Valerie cursed profanities and Cayden looked towards her confused. "Is there something you wish to tell me, Valerie?"

Valerie took a deep breath and said. "Dominic informed me this morning that I have a mole in the pack and I think who Ryder saw was that mole only."

"Shit." Cayden cursed. "In all this chaos I almost forgot to inform you about something."

"What is it?" Valerie asked worried.

"Some days back, one of my tracker informed me that one of your pack girl was giving out the information. According to him you have punished her for doing some bad deed and she is taking out her frustration by giving important information."

"It's Victoria. I had punished her once for misbehaving. She actually have a bad habit of spreading rumors and if she is doing this, she will wish she was not born."

She left in anger and Cayden followed suit. She was seething in anger and was not able to control her beast. She took a leap and changed in mid air into her wolf. The wolf sprinted towards her pack. Cayden sped up in his human form only.

When Valerie reached her pack, she growled in anger gaining the attention of her warriors who were patrolling the borders. The warriors looked towards their alpha in confusion. Before they could ask about the problem, Kevin and Jason came running and at the same time Cayden too reached the pack boundaries.

"Why is she so furious?" Kevin asked.

Cayden did not answer him rather he removed his shirt and placed it front of the growling alpha. The she wolf looked irritated towards Cayden. He stroked her head to calm her down and asked her to change into her human form. She obliged and took the shirt in her muzzle and went behind the tree to change. When she came out she barked orders to no one in particular.

"I want Victoria in my office in an instant."

No one moved because they were not able to understand their alpha's behavior. Valerie looked murderously towards them and some amongst them scrambled away to obey their alpha's order.

She strutted towards the pack office in anger followed by a confused Kevin and Jason and a shirtless alpha.

Vote and Comment please.