Part 56

Kyle was happy with what he found. He was sure he will be handsomely rewarded by Randall and he wanted the reward to be hefty. He was sure he will get what his heart desires. But the wait for Randall was getting painstaking for him.

After an hour and half of long wait Randall came. Kyle smiled looking at him, he thought he was about to hit the jackpot.

"Do you have the proofs?" Randall asked ignoring his smile.

"Yes if you have my reward." Kyle replied cockily which did not sit well with Randall.

"Clever. But I hate those who think they can outsmart me." Randall replied while taking out the gun from the holster that was tied to his belt. The damn boy was getting on his nerves.

Kyle gulped and smiled nervously. "I have the proofs whenever you are ready to see. But you said yourself that you will reward me. And I want it. I need the same potion that you drink for keeping your youth. I don't want to get old and wrinkly. Give me the potion and I will give you the proofs." Kyle asked with fake courage.

"Proofs first." Randall demanded while rolling his eyes at the poor excuse of a man.

"Do you take me as a fool Randall? I know the moment you have those proofs I will be of no value. You will get them when I will have the potion." Kyle spoke in high volume with false vigor to convince Randall.

Randall laughed in an evil way hysterically. "Do you believe you will walk out of here alive if you won't handover the proofs? I don't do good with threats, Kyle. I will have the proofs whether you want to give them or not. And if you tried to over smart me I will tear your skin and cut your body parts slowly while you are alive and shrieking in pain."

Kyle was shivering in fear. The way Randall laughed gave him chills to the bone. His warning was enough to shatter the false courage he had once.

"Give me the proofs and get out of here before I change my mind and kill you with the bullet point black or with the method I just suggested."

Shivering Kyle opened his backpack and took out a folder that contained some pictures. With hands shivering he gave them to Randall. Randall took it from him and smiled crookedly. To mess with Kyle he took out his gun and cocked it. Kyle gasped and almost peed in his pants.

"Get out and run before I change my mind. And remember to never cross my paths again." Randall warned Kyle.

He ran like his life is depending on it which actually was the case. After he left, Randall tore the envelope open to find some pictures. He saw pictures of Jack and Sofia with a baby boy and they looked very happy.

That caused his blood to boil and rage took over him. He then looked further and saw the pictures of that boy growing up. There were pictures of the boy and Jack laughing. Then there were some pictures of the boy as grown up man. He recognized that man it was the alpha he killed many years ago. He smiled satisfied that he was the one that killed Jack's son.

He continued looking at the pictures and saw that man getting married to a beautiful woman. Then there were pictures of their children in young age. When he saw the last few pictures he recognized the pictures of Valerie and Kevin. It was the alpha of Stalwart warrior pack with her brother. Stalwart warrior pack was getting difficult for him to beat. He had tried so many tricks to take the alpha out but was not getting successful.

He smiled knowing that his vengeance has got sweeter. Knowing that he will be destroying Jack's granddaughter when he will take down the Stalwart Warrior pack gave him immense peace and pleasure.

"It's time to call the witch and put my plan in action." He said to himself.

                                                                                  ***************

Valerie visited her brother the next day as she promised. He found Charles sleeping when she entered the hospital room, so she decided to wait beside his bed. She had just sat down when Charles opened his eyes. His mouth and throat were parched and he asked for water from Valerie with a parched throat. Valerie obliged and gave him the water that he so desperately needed. Satisfied that his thirst was quenched he asked about the pack and about his mother.

When the normal how are you talk was over Charles surprised Valerie with the request he made. "I want to move in the pack for few days."

"Sure why not. I would love to have you there." Valerie replied with a hint of surprise in her tone.

"Valerie  I will need a whole set up in your pack land to move my lab. I know it took you by surprise because I suddenly asked all this. You always used to ask and I always denied but now I want to. I will ask my assistant to manage my company in my absence but the basic reason is that I am afraid of staying alone after what happened. Moreover I want your pack members as my guinea pig." He said laughing to lighten the mood.

"That is so harsh of you to speak in that way Charles. You know how much my people respect you and they will always volunteer for your experiments. Calling them a form of rats do not sit well with me." Valerie replied in a no nonsense tone.

"Valerie I was just kidding to lighten the mood after all the serious talk. Moreoever I think I have found yet another cure. You see the problem with wolfsbane is solved. The solution to silver poisoning  is almost in its final stages and I will give you the product soon for use. What we were concerned about was vampire poison, which was a great threat to your people as the hunters were recruiting them to harm you guys. I think I have found the solution to that also. For that I will need your people. I don't want to experiment it outside your border security, can't take that risk. I think after having a near death experience I have lost all my courage."

"Anybody with sane mind will be cautious after what happened with you. I will make the necessary arrangements. I am providing you 24 hour security inside the hospital too, in case you are not feeling safe here. Before coming here I talked with Dr. Akash they are transferring you to the general ward tomorrow. I will come with mom for the assitance. I will try my level best to get you out of here soon. But, no promises.  For now rest well, I will stop by later. Mum is coming to visit you in an hour or so."

She got up and placed a loving kiss on her brother's forehead and bid good bye. When she left the hospital premises she got a feeling that she is being followed and her suspicion got confirmed when she saw a black sedan following her but at a safe distance so as to not create any suspicion.

She dialed Jason's number. "I have been followed by a black sedan. Do not react instantly but I want few of my warriors ready. I think I can handle the situation for now."

Jason agreed and did as Valerie asked him to. As Valerie was about to enter her pack boundary the car took a turn and stopped following her. She found it quite disturbing. When she reached her pack house Jason was standing outside along with Dominic waiting for her.

She gave Jason the car's number and asked to find everything about it. She knew that it would be useless investigation because that car would turn out to be stolen or the number would be wrong yet she decided to give it try.

When Jason left, she asked Dominic to make the necessary arrangements for Charles so he can move here in the pack.

                                                                                      *************

When she entered her office she found Dmitri and Alexei sitting in her office waiting for her arrival.

"We got a problem." Dmitri said.

"And I have got some good news." Alexei said smiling.

Valerie took a deep breath and replied. "Then let us start with something good. You go first Lexi."

Vote and Comment.

I updated early as promised.

Till next time 

Ciao