Part 38

The spell was broken in which Valerie was entranced. The kiss burned her lips and soul. A sudden realization hit her hard. It was as if she was electrocuted. She pushed Alexei back harshly and gasped.

"It was all wrong." She mumbled in remorse and pulled her hair in frustration. "I am so sorry Alexei, I shouldn't have done that." She turned her back towards Alexei and mumbled. "I shouldn't have done that. Oh moon goddess what have I done?" When Valerie looked towards Alexei there were tears of remorse in her eyes. "I am extremely shameful."

Alexei walked towards her and placed his hands on her shoulders reassuringly and said. "I did that too and..."

She shrugged his hands and moved away to create some distance "No, I instigated you and that was wrong. I was wrong. I don't know what happened to me. I was suddenly having these feelings for you and a surge of attraction towards you. But before I could stop myself I just kissed you."

"And I kissed you back." Alexei yelled to prove the point. He took her hand in his and spoke softly. "I am not ashamed of it. You are beautiful, powerful and courageous. You think with your head and heart. You are all that a male could desire." He elucidated.

Valerie wriggled her hand back from his tightened grip. "Alexei, I have a mate whom I love and cherish. I don't know why I am getting attracted towards you. But I am. Suddenly I am finding you attractive and having all these lustful thoughts. I never wanted to betray Cayden. It was as if I was possessed by something and could not control my desires." Valerie rambled in frustration.

"Help me please." She grasped Alexei from his shirt's collar and looked pleadingly towards him. "You must understand Alexei. I never would have done it and yet somehow I did it."

Autumn, who was coming to discuss about the protective spells against hunters stopped outside the door when she heard commotion inside. She eavesdropped and was left confounded and helpless. She knew something like this might happen. When she heard her alpha pleading in front of Alexei like a commoner, she could not stop herself and so she entered the office without knocking.

"I think I can explain alpha." Autumn interjected.

Valerie who was begging Alexei for an explanation suddenly looked towards the new voice. When she saw Autumn standing at the threshold, she felt ashamed of herself. Clearly Valerie understood that Autumn had heard the conversation and she had saw her alpha at her weakest.

As if sensing her alpha's discomfort Autumn replied reassuringly. "I did not mean to intrude but I could not stop myself. What you did was out of your control alpha. A bond like sire bond causes attraction between a sire and it's partisan. Feeling attraction and founding your sire, handsome or attractive is found very common. What you felt for Alexei was normal and clearly he knew about it." She said looking towards Alexei accusingly.

Valerie looked towards Alexei bewildered and Autumn continued. "He should have stopped you when you tried to kiss him because he knew what you were feeling about him was due to the bond and not the original feelings of love."

Alexei scoffed. "What Cayden and Valerie share is also due to mate bond. So how, what she is feeling for me is different from what they share?" He retaliated and Valerie looked towards him surprised because she was feeling remorse and all Alexei was doing was justifying his actions.

"I should tell Cayden about this." Valerie replied ignoring what Alexei just said.

"I think now I understand why you were hell bent to make a sire bond." Autumn accused him. "It was all your personal gain. You wanted Valerie to get attracted towards you."

"Alexei." Valerie started speaking like she meant business. "The bond that Cayden and I share is not made with some magic. It is a gift by moon goddess herself to me and to him. I always considered you as a mentor, a guide. You and Dmitri are like my pillars, my guiding light. I know what you did was out of your uncontrolled feelings. But get this clear for once and for all. I do not love you and never will. I don't have feelings for you. I love Cayden and only him. If you continued to pursue or misuse this bond I will do everything in my power to break it and I won't care for my life."

Alexei jerked back. It felt like he was hit hard in the gut. Valerie continued. "I was equally wrong in this. I am not putting the blame on you. You are still and always will be my role model. You taught me things that no one could. You hold a special part in my life but Cayden in my mate, the love of my life. The other half of my soul. It is up to you now, whether you will taint our relationship or you will cherish it. I will forget about this and so should you."

For the first time in his life Alexei felt defeated and powerless. He was the member of vampire council, the most powerful vampire, yet now in this moment he felt weak and meek.

He sighed in defeat. He understood that he had lost the battle. "I promise from now on you won't get troubled by me. I have powers to curb your attraction. As your sire I will guide you and protect you and I promise I won't use this bond for my own selfish reasons."

"Thank you." Valerie whispered and embraced him. He pushed her back softly and said. "Don't tell Cayden. He is an alpha male. He won't understand the situation. His wolf will consider it a treachery."

"But.."

"No buts Valerie. You did not cheat him. As soon as you came to your senses you pushed me back."

"I think what Alexei is saying is right. Forget about this. Nobody saw or heard anything. Maybe he won't understand or maybe he will, the situation is tricky, so why bother?" Autumn interjected in between.

Valerie looked towards Autumn and then towards Alexei and said. "I will think about it."

When they both left Valerie picked her cell phone and called Cayden. On first ring Cayden picked the call.

"How are you my love?"

"Can we meet?" Valerie replied.

"Is everything okay?" Cayden asked worried after hearing the tone of her voice.

"Yes everything is fine, but can we meet?" she asked again.

"Yea we can."

"Good. Meet in ten in no packs land." She replied.

"Why there? You can come to my pack or I can visit yours."

"Do as I said Cayden. Please." And she hung up.

Should Valerie tell Cayden or not? Share your views.

Happy Reading!!