Part 51

Ryder was pacing in his room back and forth. He was anxious about something. He was feeling bad because he was hiding such a big thing from his alpha and was feeling remorse.

"Ryder." He jumped frightfully and looked at the source of the voice.

"Alpha." He replied anxiously and ran an anxious hand on his face as if to wipe out any trace of anxiety from his face.

Cayden looked suspiciously towards him and asked. "Is everything alright? You seemed quite jumpy and restless."

Ryder did not make an eye contact with him and nodded his head. "Yes everything is fine. I was just thinking something personal, it does not concern the pack. Just some personal stuff."

Cayden looked towards him unconvinced, yet he let the matter go. "If you say, anyways, I am here for the files that you have prepared about the hunters. Valerie is visiting our pack this evening along with her officials and she wants to discuss everything."

Ryder was not actually listening to what his alpha was saying but was nodding robotically. Cayden knew something was off about him but he decided not to pester him much. He has not seen his beta so unfocused, so he decided to give him some space. If he felt right he will discuss about it sometime later. He turned around to leave but Ryder's phone rang and he jumped again alarmed.

That did not sit well with Cayden. He was about to ask him but then he noticed that suddenly Ryder has lost all the color from his face and went pale.

Ryder immediately disconnected the call and said. "You were asking about the files, right?"

But damage was done. Cayden's sharp eyes had seen the caller ID and he was fuming furiously. "Why is Scarlett calling you?"

"Let me explain." Ryder said anxiously and immediately all the pieces of puzzles were put into their places.

"It was you." He snarled and grasped Ryder from his shirt's collar. "You are the traitor."

"Hear me out Cayden." Ryder said desperately. But Cayden punched him hard breaking his nose. Ryder knew his beast has overtaken his body and it won't listen to his pleas.

The alpha side was dominating and his friend was nowhere. So he did what every sane person could possibly do in front of a powerful alpha. Ryder bowed his head and showed his neck as a sign of defeat because he wanted his friend to listen what he has to explain not his alpha and for that he will have to calm down the alpha beast.

When Cayden saw that Ryder has fully submitted himself, his beastly side wanted to puncture his jugular and end his life as a punishment for disloyalty but his human side was thinking sanely and knew there could be a possible explanation for the deed Ryder did. So he tried to calm his beast by taking deep breaths.

"You have five minutes." Cayden said once his wolf was calm.

"Thank you Alpha. It all started when you ordered Scarlett's banishment after the attack on Stalwart warrior pack. She was completely heartbroken when she heard that alpha Valerie was attacked and was fighting death. She asked one of the guards to call me. I was initially reluctant but this was for the first time she had asked for my presence since she was imprisoned. So, out of curiosity I went there. She asked me to explain everything. When I told her everything she cried a lot as she was the one who had informed hunters that Stalwart warrior pack has a witch. At that time I wanted to behead her because if not for her the hunters won't have known about Autumn and her security spells. But the way she was crying and clawing herself I felt pity, after all she was my friend since childhood. I told her that she should leave us all for good. But she said that she can help us. If I help her escape she can go to hunters and inform them that she has managed to escape on her own and that she wants revenge from Valerie and will help them. But actually she would be helping us by collecting information for us and providing all the necessary detail."

"And you agreed?" Cayden asked furiously. "You did not think even once that maybe she is alluring you in escaping by concocting such story."

"She is our friend Cayden, our own little Scarlett. She was your third in command."

"And yet she betrayed me." Cayden yelled.

"Because she loved you, love can make you do things you can't imagine yourself doing."

"This does not justify her actions." Cayden replied in anger.

"You were the one who believed this philosophy before Valerie was attacked. Remember? I was in favor of punishing Scarlett." Ryder replied.

"Then what changed?" Cayden asked while crossing his arms.

"I don't know. It was something in her eyes or the honesty of her voice."

Cayden snorted sarcastically. "You better be right or else you know the dire consequences. I need those files. Valerie can be here any minute now."

Meanwhile in the Stalwart warrior pack Valerie was waiting for Alexei in her office. She was getting late for a meeting with Cayden about the information that he had gathered about hunters.

She was pacing in her room when Dmitri knocked and entered. "Free for a minute?" he asked. Valerie nodded.

"I know you are waiting for Alexei but I am here for a quick word. Autumn told me about your dreams. Look Val, it's just the bond that is making it happen. In the end it will be you and your heart who will decide what to choose and who to choose."

"What do you mean who to choose? Cayden is my mate."

"So is Alexei in a way. You are bonded to him by blood."

"Dmitri I love him"

"Do you actually?" And he left leaving behind a baffled Valerie.
"You were the one who was against Alexei's bonding with me and now you are the one who is saying such things." Valerie yelled but Dmitri did not pay any attention and kept on walking.

She was still thinking deep and was lost in her chain of thoughts when Jason called her.

"Alpha we are getting late."

Valerie nodded lost. " I was waiting for Alexei, but I guess I will have to talk to him later." And then off they went.

When they entered Cayden's office they saw that Cayden and Ryder were bickering on something. When they saw Valerie and Jason they immediately stopped talking at once. Valerie let go off such behavior for now and decided to discuss the imminent threat of hunters.

Valerie was shocked to know about hunter's planning when Cayden explained everything in detail. After winning over werewolf community they were planning on killing the newly formed vampires that are helping them now and then they will try to eradicate the vampire community as well.

"Does Dmitri or Alexei know? I think the vampire clan in Russia does not know about their planning, if they did they would definitely help us. I think we should tell them as soon as possible."

"The problem is our tracker was not able to bring the proof. And the vampires are bit odd in this matter. They won't agree till we provide them solid evidences." Cayden said.

"But we can manage that." Ryder interjected.

"How?" Valerie asked.

"Obviously he thinks Scarlett will help." Cayden blurted out.

Enjoy reading.

It's not edited so ignore the msitakes 

Till next time Ciao!!