Part 11

The sound of howling and growling broke Valerie's sleep. She was up in an instant. She looked outside from her window and found her warriors rushing and hustling. She rushed outside the door and descended the stairs.

Jason met her in the hall of pack house. He was talking furiously with someone on phone. Alexei and Dmitri exited from their respective rooms hearing the chaos. When Jason saw Valerie walking towards him, he disconnected the call.

"We are under attack Alpha." Jason said anxiously.

Valerie squared her shoulders and said "What is the status? Any casualties reported?"

"No Alpha."Jason replied.

Valerie opened the door of the pack house and went out. She found that the warriors of the third line of defense were taking their positions. She was about to walk in the inner circle when Autumn called her name. Valerie looked back and found her running towards her.

"You can't fight." Autumn said huffing due to running.

From the corner of her eye she saw Cayden and Ryder coming out of the pack house. She ignored them and asked Autumn. "Why?"

"You are taking potion to weaken your wolf. A weak wolf is not fit to fight." Autumn replied.

"I won't step back in the situation of adversity." Valerie barked back.

Alexei and Dmitri were hearing the entire conversation. Alexei put his hand on Valerie's shoulder and said. "Don't worry Val, we have got your back"

Cayden who had approached them in the mean time growled at the physical contact and Alexei rolled his eyes at his immature behavior. Valerie ignored Cayden completely. She saw Dominic running towards them, so she ran towards him to meet him in the middle. The rest followed suit.

"Alpha it is yet another rouge attack. They attacked us out of nowhere but this time we were fully prepared. We managed to kill them all and we have imprisoned the one leading them. The warriors are bringing them here."

Valerie nodded as confirmation and as if on cue she saw the warriors escorting a man tied in chains who was injured badly and barely breathing. They approached them. The warriors bowed in front of Valerie and made the rouge to sit at her feet forcefully. Valerie did not beat around the bush and asked. "What was the motive of attack?"

To her surprise the rouge started laughing hysterically and winced due to pain caused by laughing. Cayden did not like the way the rouge was acting with his mate so he took a step towards him and punched him squarely on the jaw. "Do not disrespect her." Cayden growled in angst.

Valerie did not like his interference in her pack matters and grinded her teeth in anger but did not see it fit to lash on him now. The rouge groaned in pain and spitted the blood out of his mouth. Kevin and Jennifer joined the group along with Genesis.

"She killed our leader and tortured our friends. We were here for revenge." The rouge growled.

"They attacked my pack and I defended them like a true Alpha. He challenged me for the position of Alpha and got killed and defeated in a fair fight. I fought with honor. Please help me understand the necessity of this revenge? Everything was fair and square."

The rouge looked confused towards her and said. "But we were informed by our friends that you killed our leader with treachery and you did not fight fair. They informed us that you tortured and starved them. But they managed to escape from your captivity"

Valerie was more than pissed now, so she ordered Jason. "Keep him in prison and find those rouges." She looked squarely in the eye of captivated rouge and said in malicious tone. "Yes I tortured and starved them but they did not escape. I let them go so they could set an example for other rouges. A live example of how this pack treats the threat. But I guess I was wrong. They will be captured and when they are in front of me, they will wish for death and I won't give them."