Part 26

For Cayden it looked like the Earth has stopped rotating; the wind has stopped blowing, the sun has stopped shining and he has stopped breathing. He stood there still like a rock and could not move. He was looking towards Flora without any emotions on his face. He felt like someone has squeezed his heart in his rib cage and pulled it out.

He tried to speak but his mouth was dry and he felt like his tongue is paralyzed. Before he could say or express anything, Valerie came out smiling. Her smile vanished when she saw Flora and Cayden tensed.

"What is it?" She asked. "Did anything happen?"

Cayden kept looking towards her. When Flora tried to speak, Cayden cut her in between and spoke. "What are you doing outside?" He asked her. "I thought I told you to take a shower."

Valerie looked torwards him in confusion. "You can't order me around Cayden. My wolf is an alpha, you should remember that."

Cayden rubbed his face in frustration. "That is not what I meant Valerie. Flora was just informing me about something that happened in my pack which need my immediate attention. I was tensed and took it out on you."

Valerie looked towards him in suspicion. "What is the problem? Maybe I can help in some way." Cayden shook his head and stroked Valerie's back. "It's nothing that concerns you. You should go and have a  shower and then rest. Last battle took toll on your body. Your pack needs you; your recovery is very much needed. Moreover we need to inform everyone about our relationship."

Valerie was not convinced but yet she faked a smile and went inside. Once she went inside Cayden looked towards Flora and said. "Not a word about this to anyone. Not to a single soul. Come with me."

Valerie who was just standing by the door heard it and decided to look into it. She took shower and got ready. Once she reached her office, she called Kevin and Jason in her office. When they arrived they sniffed a different smell, their alpha's body fragrance was different than before and they understood that their alpha has consummated their mate bond. Kevin smiled and Jason did not show any sort of reaction out of respect for his alpha.

Alexei who was searching for Valerie found out that she has gone down to her office and had called Kevin and Jason. Alexei sighed at her impatience to work as an alpha.  He decided to pull her out of her office and drag her back to her bed.

He threw open the door to her office and said. "What am I hearing Valerie that you are back on your foot....." He stopped mid sentence and sniffed the air. He found out that Valerie's body fragrance was different and soon he understood that she has consummated her mate bond. He looked towards her aghast and shouted. "Are you fu*king out of your mind Valerie? You consummated your mate bond? You accepted that stinky pup as your mate?"

Valerie opened her mouth to protest but Alexei continued. "Did you even think about it? Or were you so blinded by the damn lust that you decided to f*ck the living day lights out of him?"

"You can't be rude to our alpha like this." Jason snarled. "She demands your respect. You might be the most powerful and oldest vampire out there but that does not give you the right to insult and talk rubbish."

"You should leave Alexei." Kevin asked him politely. "It was not your decision."

Alexei looked in anger towards her and asked in complete irritation. "If that is what you always wanted why did you played the whole drama of rejecting him before?"

Valerie fumed in anger. "I never rejected him at the first place, Alexei. I will never reject my mate. My jeopardy was different. And as my brother said, you should leave for now. I am ordering this as an alpha of this pack."

Alexei stomped out from the office in anger. He was walking briskly in anger without paying attention to his surroundings and got collided with Dmitri who was talking on phone. When he looked towards Alexei he found him fuming in anger.

"Why are you boiling like molten lava?" Dmitri asked him.

Alexei punched the wall in frustration and trotted around in the hall. Dmitri watched him in confusion for few seconds before he pulled him from his elbow and made him stop.

"Something is bothering you." Dmitri stated.

"Alexei looked towards him and sighed. "Valerie has consummated her bond."

"That is such good news. Finally something positive and good happened in all the tension." Dmitri replied excited, but his smile vanished when he looked towards a disturbed Alexei. "But why are you fuming in anger? Are you not happy for them?"

Alexei laughed bitterly and looked towards Dmitri. "Oh, you can be so thick sometimes Dmitri. Of course I am not happy because I f*c*ing like her."

Dmitri gasped. "She is a child Alexei. You helped his father in her upbringing. You trained her to be good fighter and a good alpha. You are hundreds of years old vampire and she is just in her twenties. You are acting like a damn pedophile."

Alexei growled and snarled. "Don't I know that? Do you think I don't feel guilty for these feelings? I know I am wrong but I have felt something like this after so many years. The last I felt something like this was for Lydia which was years back. It hurts in here." He pointed at his chest with his finger. "I have tried to curb my feelings for her but every thing that I do pull me more towards her. Lydia was my only love but I guess now someone else is taking her place." He smiled in pain.

Dmitri was left flabbergasted. "You never felt the need to share this with me. I am your brother."

"And hear your judgmental views like now." Alexei snapped.

"Look that is not what I meant." Dmitri tried explaining.

"No need for explanation Dmitri." Alexei said and left leaving behind a confounded Dmitri.

Please vote and comment