Part 70

Dominic didn't want to be the bearer of the news that will devastate his alpha but he couldn't do anything. Jason was walking beside him like a zombie because he knew that his alpha would have to prepare for the worst after hearing the news. He could lose his mate for good. He shivered in fear and tried to clear his mind from the negativity.

Dominic entered the study room where he finds his alpha and alpha Cayden discussing battle strategies with the vampire duo. He knocked on the door to gain their attention. Valerie looked towards Dominic and then towards the man standing behind him. She heaved a sigh of relief.

"Finally, you found him!" She rushed towards them and embraced Jason. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you today." But he didn't return her embrace and didn't smile a bit.

The other three understood by looking at his face but Valerie had no idea, she was busy celebrating the safe return of her beta and her sister's mate.

"Babe," Cayden said. Valerie let go of Jason and looked towards him. "I think Jason has something to tell you."

She looked towards Jason to find a solemn look on his face. She then looked towards Dominic and saw him sulking. She immediately understood what had happened.

"But, how?" She asked looking towards both. "You were in training the soldiers of the neighboring packs. When you didn't answer your phone I thought you might be busy. How could they have attacked you in between so many werewolves?"

"Alpha, they never attacked me," Jason replied. "I went out for lunch with some fellow warriors who were helping me train the other pack's soldiers. I went to the bathroom and was hit by a sweet fragrance. The next thing I know I was laying on the bathroom floor and one of the pack warriors were trying to shook me up. I knew something was wrong. I immediately called Dominic who told me everything on the phone. After hearing from him, I did felt a pinprick pain in my neck. Realization dawned on me that they have taken my blood."

"Oh, moon goddess! That means my sister is not safe anymore, neither is my mother. I have to do something." She looked towards Dmitri panicked. "We need to locate her. We need to change her location. I should call Autumn at once." Valerie was shaking in fear.

For the first time, he saw her losing her self-control and panicking so badly. Cayden felt helpless, he knew the damage has been done. He walked towards her and held her by her shoulders and whispered in her ears. "You need to calm down babe. Think rationally."

Valerie shrugged him off. "How could I think rationally, Cayden? That bastard killed my father and now is after my mother and sister. How can I calm down?"

Cayden understood her fear. He knew she was in no state to make rational decisions. Now she was just a sister and a daughter, nothing else. He asked Dominic to call Autumn and inform Charles and Kevin. He looked towards Valerie who was walking frantically. She was hitting Dmitri and then yelling at Alexei.

Alexei and Cayden looked towards each other and shared common emotions. They knew that they were both helpless. But both had the tears of pain for the person whom they loved more than themselves.

"Babe." Cayden coaxed once again. "Dmitri is trying to contact those vampires. Try to calm down love. We won't let anything happen to your mother or your sister. I promise."

Valerie looked towards him with teary eyes. "I can't lose them too."

"And you won't." He embraced her.

In the meanwhile, Charles and Kevin entered followed by Autumn and Flora. Autumn was carrying some sort of bowl in one hand and some stuff in another which belonged to Genesis and Jennifer. She was huffing and was out of breath.