Part 69

Dominic and Ryder were able to destroy many of the hunter's hideouts along with their ammunition camps. Mark was continuously providing the important information upon which Ryder and Dominic were acting. Scarlet's condition improved and she was able to gain her senses back. Valerie despite Scarlet's efforts to prove her loyalty was bitter towards her. She decided to put a hold on meeting her. Cayden was happy with her recovery. He told her that Mark was helping them and for the first time after Cayden, she felt something warm in her heart. Autumn and the seers of both packs along with the pack doctors were keeping an eye on her health.

Charles's experiment turned out to be positive and he with the permission of his alpha decided to extend his help to the werewolf community of Alaska. He was able to neutralize the vampire poison in the werewolf body. There was nothing that can stop or harm the werewolves now. But the magic was a whole other story. For that Autumn was preparing herself. She had found an old witch in the deep forest near a neighboring pack. That witch was living alone there, Autumn found her with her magic skills and persuaded her to teach dark magic to her.

As Autumn's mother used to say that dark magic always comes with a price, she was not willing to pay that price. She wanted to keep her soul intact. Valerie was there with her in every thick and thin. She was there to pull her back from the darkness. She was there with her like the anchor and the truest friend that she is.

Charles understood Autumn's dilemma very well. It was same with the science. Sometimes he felt he had so much power in him because of his knowledge of genetic engineering and he felt that he can do anything with it. He could create the most dangerous or darkest of creations that can make him the most powerful human in the world but then he thinks about his family, particularly his sister Valerie who is like the ray of the sunshine in her life and those dark thoughts leave his mind. He shared his thoughts with Autumn and they clicked. Now Autumn had two pillars in her life, Valerie and the other one Charles.

Valerie and Cayden were meeting the alphas of the different packs and letting them know about Charles's discoveries and they were sharing those discoveries with the alphas in Alaska. They were also strengthening their battle strategies, Jason with the help of the Griffin was managing and supervising the training of the soldiers of the neighboring packs.

The news reached Randall, that, due to the Stalwart warrior pack now the werewolves were immune to the wolfsbane, silver, and vampire poison. This news and the information that his camps are getting destroyed by the Mystic moon and Stalwart warrior pack did not sit well with him. He was fuming in anger and frustration. He wanted to kill Valerie once and for all. Jackson's were poisonous thorns in his life. Her grandfather took his wife as his mate and then her father and now she herself. They had become a headache for him and he wanted to get rid of them.

The plan of threatening Cayden by targeting his sister did not succeed because, one he did not stop helping Valerie, and two Michelle, his sister was all-time protected by the warriors of Cayden's pack. In a way, he was getting defeated by them one step at a time.

"Why are you so stressed, my love?" Azazel asked Randall who was sitting in his living room tense. "These creases on your forehead will cause wrinkles on your beautiful face."

Randall looked up towards Azazel who was standing with a goblet in her hands. "Is that my potion?" He asked monotonously. He was in no mood to have a visitor.

"Yes, of course, it is." She replied. He took the goblet from her hands and drank the whole liquid.

"Drinking this much will harm you, my love," Azazel said. A girl who accompanied Azazel was standing in the far corner who gaged at their antics but she started acting like coughing up when Azazel and Randall looked towards her.