Part 8

Valerie woke up startled when she heard the chaotic voices of her pack members. She was up in a minute. She threw off her covers and got up from bed to exit her bedroom. The next moment she was running towards the voices. When she reached downstairs she saw Jason was pacing frantically in the hall.

When he saw her he started rambling. "I don't know Alpha how it happened. Someone must have heard few things from us. I don't know. Maybe they heard me and Dominic talking. It's all chaotic out there."

"Relax Jason" Valerie put her hands on his shoulders. "Calm down and try to breathe."
"What is happening here?"

Valerie looked behind to find a sleepy Cayden and his beta coming downstairs. She ignored them and coaxed Jason to explain. Jason took a deep breath and started speaking. "Alpha some of the pack members had came to know that you and Alpha Cayden are mates. They are getting panicked that he is here to take over our pack and everyone is anxious."

Valerie looked towards Cayden but he shook his head. "Don't look at me like that. I haven't addressed my pack yet, so there is no chance that the thing leaked from my side."

Valerie ran a frustrated hand in her hair. With a determined look she moved and opened the door of pack house to exit. She saw few angry males outside shouting and yelling at Dominic who was trying hard to get situation under control. When they saw Valerie she heard frantic voices addressing her, asking about her being mates with Alpha Cayden.

She took a deep breath and with strong vigor she spoke. "There will be a pack meeting in half an hour. Each and every pack member should assemble in the pack ground."

There was a pin drop silence after her declaration, few of them nodded and left satisfied. Rest who still didn't budge from their position looked suspiciously towards her. But she ignored them and told Dominic to shut the door and have breakfast. When she returned inside, she heaved a sigh. Without saying anything she ascended stairs. Suddenly she stopped and looked back towards Cayden and said in a no nonsense firm tone. "I would like you to be present there, only you." And off she left.

Half an hour later Valerie saw that each and every member of her pack was present on the ground. When she approached the crowd everyone was looking intently towards her but when they saw Cayden approaching, whispers and murmures started amongst them.

Valerie raised her hand to stop the chatter. When everyone settled down Valerie looked towards the group of people that included her officers and warriors who were loyal to her and she felt a sense of satisfaction and proud. She looked towards another side and saw a small group that was standing aside from the rest that included her family members, the pack witch and the oracle. She was surveying the crowd for any possible violent outbreak. When her beast was satisfied with the situation not finding any imminent danger or challenge she exhaled and took the demeanor of a ruler.

"Speak your concerns." She ordered.

A middle aged man moved forward and stood in front of Valerie and bowed.

"Wallace Pearson." Valerie said acknowledging him and the man nodded. "What was the reason of outburst today?" she asked.

He cleared his throat and said. "Alpha we heard that Alpha Cayden is your mate and that an alliance is in order. We were just anxious about the future of our pack or who will rule us and what will be the status of our pack."

Valerie nodded in understanding and preceded saying. "Before that I would like to know how did you all came to know about this whole thing"

Wallace pointed towards her wife and said. "My wife told me this morning."

His wife gasped and she replied meekly. "I heard few women talking."

Valerie rolled her eyes and huffed irritated. It turned out that those women had heard it from some girl named Victoria. When Valerie called for the girl, she recognized her and realized that she helped Martha, her house keeper in cooking.