Part 31

Stalwart Warrior Pack and Mystic Moon Pack were taking the threats with hunters seriously. Both the alphas were doing their level best to see that every pack member was actively participating in self defense classes. Dominic and Scarlett were given the responsibility to train the warriors as well as pack members.

It looked like both the packs were preparing themselves for the war, which indirectly they were. Charles and his team were working hard on their genetic projects. Dmitri and Alexei were helping some of the werewolves who were politically inclined, so that they can invade the political parties just like the hunters were doing.

Kevin was keeping track on the trackers. They were doing their level best to decipher everything these trackers were finding out. Jason and Ryder were also managing communication with rest of the neighboring packs.

Autumn was doing her level best to break the blood bond between the two alphas. Whereas Flora these days were meditating more with her crystal balls and bowls so that she can sire anything about the future. She was normally meditating when suddenly she started having a vision.

She saw Valerie standing in a misty fog smiling. Suddenly two shiny silver threads started encircling her and she looked towards them in confusion. One silver thread took the shape of a wolf and other took the shape of a man. Valerie smiled and extended her hand towards the wolf to pat him but the man took hold of her hand and kissed it. She looked confused towards the man. Rather than pulling her away she extended her other hand and patted the wolf, who howled in happiness. The two shapes then changed into silver threads and started encircling her. Valerie smiled and those threads entered her chest where her heart was located.

Flora gasped when the vision was over and suddenly felt very thirsty and tired. The vision took a toll on her body, but she did not understand the vision at all. But being the oracle of the pack it was her duty to tell what she saw to her alpha.

When she knocked at her office to enter, she saw Valerie talking with Autumn about her blood bond with Cayden. She bowed in front of her alpha

"Sorry to bother you alpha but I had a vision just moments ago, which I am neither able to understand or decipher its meaning."

Valerie and Autumn looked towards her in curiosity.

"What was so mystifying and perplexing that you were not able to understand your own visions?" Valerie asked.

Flora looked towards the duo and started explaining what she saw in her vision which left both Valerie and Autumn bewildered.

"Can't you even guess?" Autumn asked.

"It will be foolish of me to do so. Moon goddess wanted to convey a message to me and I can't interpret that wrong. If I had little idea about the vision, I would have guessed something but I am helpless here. All I can do is sire more. If the moon goddess wished she will bestow me another vision."

Valerie hummed and nodded. "Thank you for informing Flora. Every vision at this moment is important for us." Flora nodded and then bowed before leaving.

"Do you think it has something to do with my mate bond?" Valerie asked Autumn.

She shrugged her shoulders and said. "It could be possible or it could not be. As Flora said, we can't speculate what the goddess is trying to convey. But I am thankful to Alexei that he is helping me in providing the books of ancient magic. I will definitely find something in them about this bond problem."

Valerie nodded in understanding. Another knock on the door bothered their conversation. Dominic entered and bowed in front of her.

"Alpha one of our tracker is back and he doesn't have good news for us."

"Bring him." Valerie ordered. Dominic went out of the room and entered with a tall, lanky male. He had very peculiar sharp features. He bowed in front of her.

"This is Neil standing in front of you alpha." He said.

"And I presume you have something to tell us?" Valerie asked.

"Yes alpha. Whoever is the mole, is getting very dangerous for us. They have provided the information to the hunters about your blood bond with alpha Cayden as Dmitri informed. And now they are planning an attack on us. They are targeting both of you. If one amongst you died the other will be automatically dead which will lead to the destruction of two most powerful packs of America."

Valerie shared a look with Autumn, who understood immediately.

"I will go and see what Alexei has found out."

She dismissed the rest and called Cayden to inform what she learned who got equally worried.

******

On the other hand Alexei was reading and searching the old magical books with utmost concentration and dedication when Dmitri entered the hall.

"I thought you have gone to meet the senator to discuss our political involvement with them."

Alexei who was immersed in reading looked up in confusion towards him and said. "I thought it was you."

Dmitri sighed and rolled his eyes. "Didn't I mention this morning that I will be meeting some Vampires regarding this problem about hunters and that you should go for the latter?" He said while pointing a finger towards him.

"I got busy in all this." Alexei said while waving his arms and showing the stacks of books present in front of him.

Dmitri moved forward and looked at the books and contorted his eyebrows in confusion. "Why are you reading about magic?" He asked confused.

"Autumn asked for my help, she is finding a spell to reverse the blood bond. And she provided me these ancient books containing ancient magic. She asked me to look into these and she is searching the rest."

"So does that mean, it will be I who will be meeting the senator in.." He looked towards his wrist watch and then towards Alexei. "Half an hour."

Alexei shrugged and looked sheepishly towards him. Dmitri sighed and turned to leave but then he stopped suddenly and looked back towards Alexei and said. "I hope your obsession with Valerie is over. Remember, she is off limits."

Alexei pursed his lips and looked towards Dmitri in anger. "Weren't you getting late for something?" Dmitri shook his head and turned to leave and left a fuming Alexei behind.

He closed the book that he was reading and threw it harshly on the ground. He punched the table in anger and murmured some profanities in anger. He decided to take a stroll in the grounds to calm his mind. He was about to get up when suddenly his vision got stuck at the page which got randomly open in the book when he threw it. He saw those words written on the page which both Alexei and Autumn were searching for, 'blood bonds'. He picked the book up and started reading it.

A smile formed on his lips when he read a particular paragraph in that book.

"There is still hope." He smirked and got up from the chair to meet Autumn in hope and happiness.

Do vote and comment please.

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions.