Part 10

Few weeks were gone in the blink of an eye. The construction for Mystic Moon pack was going at full force. Cayden was busy settling his pack mates and he was also supervising the construction of his pack house. He did not get much chance to act on his plan with Scarlet as she was also busy with Ryder in moving the stuff from Canada to Bridgeville. Each and every person of his pack was busy in mundane things for their settlements.

But one thing that was bothering him was the way Valerie was acting. She had doubled the security of the pack boundaries. Her warriors were training hard. Her half brother despite being human was mostly spending his time in the pack.  He and his team was working on something scientific. Autumn the witch residing in her pack was also working on protection spells.

He found Valerie exhausted all the time. Every evening a pack meeting was held by her in the community hall of their pack. The kids were also taught self defense. He knew something big was happening but he himself was so busy with his pack that he did not get a chance to talk to her. Moreover he had to pretend that her problems were not his concern now as he had taken other female as his mate.

Basically Cayden was spending more time in his pack house that was under construction. But his beast was feeling restless; he could somehow feel Valerie's anxiety. His suspicion came true one day when he heard murmuring about vampires amongst his pack mates. He was strolling leisurely when he felt the buzz in air.

"What is it?" Cayden asked one of his pack members.

"Alpha." He bowed in front of him and Cayden acknowledged him. "Alpha two vampires have come to visit Alpha Valerie."

Cayden looked anxiously towards him and asked. "Do they impose threat?"

He shook his head. "I don't think so. They looked pretty friendly with her."

Cayden pursed his lips unhappily after learning the situation. He decided to have a talk with Valerie so he started walking towards the pack house.

When he entered the pack house he heard the merry voices of Valerie and some of her family members. The boisterous laughter of two males particularly got his attention. The voices were coming from the living room. He walked there and stood outside the living room incognito. He saw Valerie laughing along with her mother and her siblings from his hiding place. Jason and Dominic were also looking in good mood.

Then his attention got caught by the two very attractive vampires sitting there on the couch. Their presence was screaming dominance and power. One amongst them had dark raven hair in contrast to his pale skin and the other had brown hair. They were both muscularly well built.

"Someone is standing outside the living room for the past five minutes, I can smell them. It's a werewolf." One amongst the vampires said.

Cayden knew he got caught. So he decided to show himself and hence he entered the living room with his shoulders squared.

"I told you before Alpha Cayden, you are welcome to join our meetings whenever you want. There was no need to hide." Valerie who was sitting beside the two males stood up and gestured him to come and sit.

When Cayden got settled on the couch, Valerie too regained her seat.

"This is Dmitri" Valerie said pointing towards the male with black hair. "And this is Alexei" She pointed towards the male with dark brown hair. Cayden scrutinized them. "And he is alpha Cayden, about whose pack I was informing you." She continued.

"Ah, the famous ruthless alpha. I have heard a lot about you and how you rule with iron fist." Dmitri said. "You are quite famous amongst rouges and the newly made vampires, who are not able to control their thirst. He has killed many of our young vampires in Canada." Dmitri told Valerie.