Part 67

Mark was not able to digest the fact that Azazel's daughter was a part of Valerie's pack. When Autumn gave him some potion to drink, he was apprehensive to take it. But nonetheless, he drank it.

Cayden stood up and walked in front of him. He looked towards him with hatred. "I will ask him some questions first. Am I allowed alpha Valerie?"

Valerie who was sitting in her chair watching Cayden's antics was left bewildered. She could not believe that he was asking for her permission. This was a change she did not expect. Bewildered she nodded her head.

Cayden looked towards Mark in disdain. "Why didn't you help Scarlett in the camp?"

"I could not afford to blow up my cover." He replied

"She is your mate," Cayden said in frustration.

"My heart belongs to someone else." Mark started."Those bastards killed her. She was pregnant with my child. My sweet and innocent babe. They killed her knowing full well that she is pregnant. How could I forgive them? They took away my happiness, my love, my chance at having a family. My heart belongs to Lilly just as Scarlet's heart belongs to you. I knew, I will have a mate somewhere waiting for me and I was ready to explain everything to her. Tell her my side of the story. Love is above all and the werewolf law clearly states that if a werewolf is in love with someone else they have the right to reject their mate. The rejected mate can't hold grudges against them. Being a mate does not mean that you are bound to live and love them. You know that." He said.

"After Lilly died I may have loved Scarlet someday because a mate pull is a strong force and its pull increases when you don't have someone in your life to love. But I had a purpose, I have to take revenge. It was not the right time for both of us. I was blinded by my revenge and she was repenting her mistakes. She had to do good something for you."

"She is in the infirmary, fighting for her life and death," Cayden said weakly.

"She knew the consequences," Mark replied. "Like every soldier she knew the risks of serving their king."

Cayden nodded and left defeated to sit on the chair. "He is all yours."

Valerie was sad for Cayden. She knew the dilemma that he was suffering. But she knew she can't do anything for him. She sighed and looked towards Mark and asked. "Will you help us?"

"I don't want to but I know you are my only option for now. You can help me in ways no one else can. So I will do my part honestly."

"If it comes to your life, will you betray us?" She asked.

"As I said you are my only option. Without your help, I can't defeat Randall. So betraying you is out of the question." Mark replied.

"So you will sacrifice yourself for me?" Valerie asked bewildered

Mark laughed. "I will try my level best to remain alive. I want revenge and I can take that only if I am alive. I will be vigilant and cautious. Dying is not an option for me now."

Valerie nodded. "I am satisfied. You can antidote the potion if you want." She said looking towards Autumn.

"It will wear off in few minutes," Autumn replied.

"I want to see Scarlet," Mark demanded.

"I can't help you with that. She is alpha Cayden's pack member and is currently getting treated there. You will have to ask him. He is sitting right in front of you." Valerie replied.

Before Mark could ask Cayden, a knock on the door disturbed their conversation. Dominic entered after Valerie's orders.

"Alpha there is a letter for you from Randall," Dominic said while handing over the letter to his alpha.