Wanted Dead or Alive

The boys and I finished putting up branches over the police car, to hide it from plain sight, so that nobody can find it. "So what, now you're seeing demons?" Sam asked Dean once we finished. "I've seen all kinds of things lately but...nothing like this." Dean replied. "Actually it's not all that crazy." Bobby said and we look over at him.

"How's it not that crazy?" Dean asked him. "Well you've got, just over five hours to go? You're piercing the veil, Dean. You're glimpsing the B side." Bobby said. "A little less new age-y please." Dean snarks. "You're almost hell's bitch. So, you can see hell's other bitches." Bobby said and Dean looks first surprised and then his mock-face comes on. "Thank you." He said.

"Well, actually it could come in pretty handy." I said. "Oh, well, I'm glad my doomed soul is good for something." Dean said, sarcastically. "Damn right it is. Lilith's probably got demons stashed all over town. We can't let them sound the alarm. She knows we're here, we're dead before we're started." Bobby said. "Well, this is a terrific plan. I'm excited to be a part of it. Can we go, please?" Dean said and he begins to walk away with that and we follow. 

Later, we make it to the neighborhood and go up to this house to see a little girl with these two adults sitting at a table, with one old man slumped dead on the table. The woman serves the little blonde girl a slice of cake and walks away as the girl smiles and begins to dig into the cake.

"It's the little girl. Her face is awful." Dean said as we stand by a window. Sam had binoculars, looking through it while Bobby stands next to him then me and Dean. "Alright then, let's go. We're wasting time." Sam said and he walks past us and moves for the door. Dean grabs hold of him, stopping him from leaving.

"Wait!" Dean said. "For what? For it to kill the rest of them?" Sam asked. "Yeah, and us too if we're not careful. Look. See the real go-getter mailman on the clock at nine PM?" Dean said and Sam holds up the binoculars and sees the mailman sorting mail at the back of his car. "And Mr Rogers over there." Dean said as Sam lowers the binoculars.

"Demons?" I asked as Sam looks through the binoculars again. "Yes." Dean said. "Ok, fine. We – we – we – we, we ninja pass those guys, sneak in." Sam said. "Then what? Give a Columbian necktie to a ten year old girl, come on!" Dean exclaims. "Look, Dean, I know it's awful." Sam said. "You think?" I said but Sam ignores me. "This isn't just about saving you, Dean. This is about saving everybody." Sam said.

"She's gotta be stopped, son." Bobby said and Dean, who looks contemplative, turns around and looks at Bobby and then out the window. "Oh, damn it." he mutters.

As quietly as we could, we took out the demons that were around and about. Bobby was blessing the water and getting ready for the sprinklers when Sam and I met up and saw Ruby had Dean up against a fence. "I'd like my knife back, please. Or your neck snaps like a chicken bone." We hear her growl as we come up behind her and Sam holds up her knife to her throat.

"He doesn't have it." Sam said to her. "Take it easy." he said and she backs away from Dean, releasing him from the fence. Sam and I stand still next to Dean who turns around to face her. "How the hell did you get out?" he asked her. "What you don't know about me could fill a book." Ruby snarks then Dean suddenly reacts to her face, moving his head back just a bit with wider eyes.

"Whoa." he said. "What?" Ruby asked as Dean looks to the side, not wanting to look at her anymore. He glances at her once or twice but that's it. "Nothing. I just – I couldn't see you before, but you're one ugly broad." Dean said and she rolls her eyes.

"Sam, give me the knife before you hurt yourself." She said to Sam. "You'll get it when this is over." I tell her. "It's already over. I gave you a way to save Dean, you two shot me down. Now it's too late. He's dead. And I'm not gonna let you guys die too." She said to me and Sam.