No Exit

"Los Angeles, California." Dean said once we get out of the car and walk towards the Roadhouse. "What's in L.A.?" I asked him. "Young girl's been kidnapped by an evil cult." He said. "Yeah? Girl got a name?" Sam asked him. "Katie Holmes." Dean replies and Sam and I laugh. "That's funny. And for you, so bitchy." I said to him.

But from inside the roadhouse comes the sound of breaking glass and shouting voices. Dean turns to us. "Of course, on the other hand — catfight." Dean said and I rolled my eyes as we go inside of the building.

We enter cautiously to see Ellen and Jo shouting at each other. "I am your mother, I don't have to be reasonable!" Ellen shouts at her. "You can't keep me here!" Jo snapped back. "Oh, don't you bet on that, sweetie." Ellen growled.

"What are you going to do, are you going to chain me up in the basement?" Jo asked, angrily. "You know what, you've had worse ideas than that recently. Hey, you don't wanna stay, don't stay. Go back to school." Ellen said to her. "I didn't belong there! I was a freak with a knife collection." Jo said. "Yeah, and getting yourself killed on some dusty back road, that's where you belong?!" Ellen said then she turns to see us.

"Guys, bad time." She said. "Yes, ma'am." Sam and I said, in unison. "Yeah, we rarely drink before ten anyway." Dean said. "Wait. I wanna know what they think about this." Jo said just as a family of four come in the building. "I don't care what they think!" Ellen yells at Jo.

"Are you guys open?" The father of the family asked them.

"No!" Jo shouts just as Ellen said. "Yes!"

The family look around, nervously, before the father said. "We'll just...check out the Arby's down the road." He said and they leave. "Awkward." I muttered to the boys when the phone rings.

Jo glares at it, then at Ellen, who stalks over to answer it. "Harvelle's. Yeah, Preacher." Ellen answers and Jo turns to us. "Three weeks ago a young girls disappears from a Philadelphia apartment." She said as she shoves a file folder at Dean. "Take it, it won't bite." She said. "No, but your mom might." Dean said to her.

She pinches her lips, still holding out the folder, then he takes it reluctantly. "And this girl wasn't the first. Over the past eighty years six women have vanished. All from the same building, all young blondes. Only happens every decade or two so cops never eyeball the pattern. So we're either dealing with one very old serial killer, or—" Jo started to say when I look over the file and look up at her.

"Who put this together? Ash?" I asked her. "I did it myself." She said, proudly, and I give her a smile. "Impressive." I said to her and she smiles as I hand the file to Sam, who looks at it too.

"I gotta admit. We hit the road for a lot less." Sam said and Ellen comes over to us. "Good. You like the case so much, you take it." She said to us. "Mom!" Jo yells. "Joanna Beth, this family has lost enough. And I won't lose you too. I just won't." Ellen said and Jo walks off while the boys and I exchange looks before we leave.

"I feel kind of bad, snaking Jo's case." Sam said once we enter the apartment building in Philadelphia. "Yeah, maybe she put together a good file. But could you see her out here working one of these things? I don't think so." Dean said as we pull out our EMF readers.

"You guys getting anything?" Dean asked us.

"Nope." I replied.

"No, not yet." Sam said then once he runs his reader over the light switch, it purrs. He leans over. "What's that?" He asked. "What?" Dean and I said and he starts to touch black goo on the wall.

"Holy crap." Sam whispers as Dean and I touch the goo as well. "That's ectoplasm." I said, astonished. "Well, guys, I think I know what we're dealing with here." Dean said and we look over at him. "It's the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man." He said and I roll my eyes then I wipe the ectoplasm on his cheek. "Oh look, he slimed you." I said and gives me a playful glare.