Where Is He?

That night, the boys and I sit in the Impala, the Colt laying between the boys. We watch through the window as Monica and her husband finish up dinner. "Maybe we could tell 'em it was a gas leak. Might get 'em out of the house for a few hours." Sam said to Dean. "Yeah and how many times has that actually worked for us?" Dean said to him. "Yeah." Sam said then he thinks some more.

"We could always tell 'em the truth." He said. Dean and I look at Sam for a long moment, one eyebrow raised. "Nah!" All of us said, in unison. "I know, I know. I just...with what's coming for these folks..." Sam said and I lean forward against the seat. "Sam, we only got one move and you know it, all right? We gotta wait for that demon to show itself and then we get it before it gets them." I said and we look back at the house for a while.

"I wonder how Dad's doing." Sam said, minutes later. "I'd feel a lot better if we were there backing him up." Dean said. "I'd feel a lot better if he were here backing us up." Sam said and we keep watching the house.

"This is weird." Sam said after a few minutes of silence. "What?" I asked him. "After all of these years, we're finally here. It doesn't seem real." Sam said. "We just gotta keep our heads and do our job, like always." Dean said. "Yeah but this isn't like always." Sam said. "True." Dean and I said.

"Guys...ah...I wanna thank you." Sam said then Dean and I look over at him. "For what?" Dean and I asked him. "For everything. You two have always had my back, you know? Even when I couldn't count on anyone, I could always count on you two. And ah...I don't know I just wanted to let you know, Just in case." Sam said.

"Whoa whoa whoa, are you kidding me?" Dean and I said to him. "What?" Sam asked. "Don't say just in case something happens to you. I don't wanna hear that freaking speech, man." Dean said. "Same here. Nobody's dying tonight. Not us, not that family, nobody. Except that demon. That evil son of a bitch ain't getting any older than tonight, you understand me?" I said to Sam and he nods and we sit in the car a little bit longer.

What felt like hours later, Dean pulls out his phone and dials a number and puts it to his ear. He waits for awhile but obviously he didn't get an answer as he hangs up. "Dad's not answering." He said. "Maybe Meg was late." Sam said. "Or maybe cell reception's bad." I suggested, hoping that nothing bad happened to John. "Yeah well." Dean grumbles when the radio starts chattering with static.

"Dean, wait. Listen." Sam said as he rolls the dial on the radio, hearing more static come and go. The wind picks up and the lights in the house start to flicker. Dean turns to look at Sam then at me. "It's coming." I whispered and we jump out of the car.

I use a card to slide the lock on the front door open and we enter silently. As we approach the lounge, Dean was confronted by Monica's husband as je swings a bat at Dean's head and misses, smashing a lamp.

"Get out of my house!" He yells at us as Dean quickly closes in and grapples with him, grabbing the bat. "Get out of my house!" 

"Please, please. Mr Holden, please." Sam pleads as Dean easily takes control, swinging him against the wall and holding the bat across his throat. "Be quiet and listen to me. Be quiet and listen. We are trying to help you." Dean said to him, urgently, as he tries to hold Mr Holden up.

"Charlie? Is everything okay?" Monica's voice calls from upstairs. "Monica, get the baby!" Mr Holden yells while at the same time I yelled. "Don't go in the nursery!"
"You stay away from her!" Mr Holden shouts as Sam and I head upstairs.

Sam and I race up the stairs and along the corridor and enter the room where we see the dark figure standing by Rosie's crib. The figure turns to us, his yellow eyes shining, which made me and Sam hesitate, frozen and staring.

"Rosie!" Monica's voice screamed and I look up to see her sliding up the wall and towards the roof. "Sam!" I shout and he raises the Colt and pulls the trigger. The demon disappears into smoke then Monica, screaming, falls but I was able to catch her.

"Where the hell did it go!?" Sam said, confused, while Monica shouts. "My baby!" I help her up and she starts to move towards the crib but Sam holds her back. I go over to the crib and pick up Rosie. "Take her and go!" I shout at Sam and he takes her out of the room. I quickly wrap the blankets around Rosie and pull her up towards me as the crib explodes into flame and I race out of the room as the fire begins to spread.

Sam, Monica and I race out of the burning house, the three of us coughing, just as we see Dean and Mr Holden were outside and Holden staggers towards us.

"You get away from my family." He yells but Monica stands in front of him. "No, Charlie don't. They saved us." She said as Dean comes over to Sam and me while Monica begins to cry. "I mean they saved us." She said as I hand Rosie to her. "Thank you." She said to us as her husband puts his arms around his family.

Devastated, the boys and I turn back to the burning house and I could see the silhouette of the demon in the burning nursery, standing completely still. "It's still in there!" Sam said and Dean grabs Sam. "Sam. Sam, no." Dean said as I glared at the silhouette and I clench my fist. "Dean, let me go, it's still in there." Sam shouts as he struggles in Dean's grip.

"No. It's burning to the ground, it's suicide." Dean said, frantically. "I don't care." Sam yells. "I do! (Y/n)!" Dean shouts and I look over at him and he gives me a help me look. I look back at the house and see that the demon was gone. I sigh then I go over to Sam and placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"Sam." I said, softly, to him. He looks at me then back at the house and stops struggling. He looks down at the ground for a moment and let's out a sigh before he starts to head back to the Impala while Dean and I share a look.

Later at the motel, Dean paces while holding the phone to his ear, listening to it, while Sam and I sit on the bed. "Come on Dad, answer your phone damn it." Dean said, frustrated, before he hangs up. "Something's wrong." He said while Sam stares at the wall.

"Sam? You hear him? Something's wrong." I said and Sam shakes his head then looks up at Dean. "If you had just let me go in there, I coulda ended all this." He growls. "Sam, the only thing you would have ended was your life." Dean said to him. "You don't know that." Sam said and Dean walks towards him.

"So what, you're just willing to sacrifice yourself, is that it?" Dean asked him, angrily. "Yeah. Yeah you're damn right I am." Sam yells as he stands up. "Well that's not going to happen, not as long as I'm around." Dean said.

"What the hell are you talking about Dean, we've been searching for this demon our whole lives. It's the only thing we've ever cared about." Sam yells and I stand up and get in between the boys, before things could get worse. 

"Sam, your brother and I wanna waste it. We do. Okay? But it's not worth dying over." I said to him as I place my hands on his chest. "What?" Sam said, confused. "I mean it. If hunting this demon means getting yourself killed then I hope we never find the damn thing." I said to him.

"That thing killed Jess. That thing killed Mom. That thing killed your mom." Sam said to me and I frown as I glance down. "You said yourself once, that no matter what we do, they're gone, and they're never coming back." Dean said and Sam loses it as he goes over to Dean, grabs him by his shirt collar and shoves him, hard, against the wall.

"SAM!" I shout as Sam growls at Dean. "Don't you say that, not you! Not after all this, don't you say that."

"Sam, look. The four of us...that's all we have...and it's all I have. Sometimes I feel like I'm barely holding it together man...and without you or (y/n) or Dad...." Dean said and Sam frowns. "Dad." He said, upset, and he lets Dean go and turns away, walking across the room.

Dean stays where he is, taking deep breaths, while I go over to him. "You okay?" I asked him and he nods. We look over at Sam and I could tell he had tears in his eyes. "He should have called by now. Try him again." Sam said to Dean.

Dean raises his phone and dials the number and puts it up to his ear. He stands there for a moment and then his eyes widen in shock for a moment before he furrows his brow in anger.

"Where is he?" He asked.