H. H. Holmes

"Look. We've just gotta take a beat and think about this. Maybe we got Holmes' M.O. wrong." Sam said to Dean that night after we try to find Jo. "Yeah, well, we'd better friggin' think fast." Dean growls then his phone rings and he answers it.

"Yeah." He answered. "Ellen." He said and Sam and I look up at him in shock and I felt a large lump in my throat. "She's gonna have to call you back, she's taking care of, uh, feminine business." Dean said into the phone then he stays quiet for a moment before he sighs. "Look, we'll get her back." He said.

"The spirit we're hunting, it took her." Dean said and Sam and I exchange a look. "She'll be okay, I promise." Dean said. "What?" He asked after a few moments of silence. "It won't. I won't let it. Ellen, I'm sorry, I really am." He said then he hangs up the phone.

"Damnit!" He shouts as he turns to us. "Don't beat yourself up, Dean. There's nothing you could have done." I said to him. "Tell me you guys have got something." Dean said and I look over at Sam. "Uh, maybe. Look. You look at the layout of the Holmes murder castle, there's all the torture chambers inside the walls, right?" He said as Dean and I go around him and look at the computer.

"Right." Dean and I said. "But there's one we haven't considered yet. The one in this basement." Sam said and my eyes widen. "This building doesn't have a basement." I said. "You're right, it doesn't. But I just noticed this. Beneath the foundation, it looks like part of an old sewer system that hasn't been used for---" Sam explains when Dean stands up and starts to leave. "Let's go." He said as he grabs his jacket and books; Sam and I follow.

The next morning, Dean, Sam and I were walking the streets of Philadelphia. Sam had a metal detector while Dean and I had a shovel each. We follow the trail into an open field until Sam stops over one spot, the metal detector whining. "Here." He said and Dean drops his bag and he and I start digging furiously.

After some shovel work, we dig with our hands to uncover a metal trap door, which we pull open. Dean hands Sam and me a shotgun and takes one, and a flashlight, then starts descending. Sam and I follow him. Once in the sewers, we began to make our way through and crawl along on our elbows and knees through the tunnels.

Eventually, we heard noises and come up to this opening and see a figure standing there. "Hey!" Dean shouts and the figure turns around, revealing it to be H. H. Holmes. Dean and I fire our gunz into Holmes' chest, sending him flying backwards and out of sight.

"Jo?!" I shout. "I'm here!" She shouts back and Dean  finds an iron bar leaning against a wall and starts to pry it open. Sam and I investigate the other compartments; one contains gruesome body parts but the other contained a person, which had to be Teresa.

"We're gonna get you out of here, all right?" Sam said to her. "Guys!" Dean shouts and he hands us a bar. "Hang on." Dean said and he goes to open the compartment to let Jo out while Sam and I get Teresa out.

"You all right?" Dean asked Jo. "Been better. Let's get the hell out of here before he comes back." Jo said. "Actually, I don't think you're leaving here just yet." I said to her.

"What?" Jo asked me. "Remember when I said you being bait was a bad plan? Now it's kind of the only one we got." I said to her and I turn to the boys, Sam shrugs while Dean nods at me.

Jo was sitting alone, silently, in the middle of the chamber. She has her arms wrapped around her knees and is trembling, but breathing deeply and steadily. Holmes appears behind her and walks forward.

"Now!" Dean shouts as Holmes gets closer. 
Jo dives forwards as Sam, Dean and I fire at the bags on the walls; several bags unroll and spill salt in a perfect circle around Holmes, trapping him. I pull Jo to safety as Holmes circles, gibbering and screaming in terror.

"Scream all you want, you dick, but there's no way you're stepping over that salt!" Jo shouts and we shut the grate, sealing off the room.

Later, Jo, Sam and I were standing at the entrance to the sewers, looking down and waiting for Dean. "So? This job as glamorous as you thought it would be?" Sam asked her. "Well, except for all the pee-your-pants terror, yeah. Sure. But that Teresa girl's gonna live a life because of us. It's worth it, isn't it?" She asked us.

"Yeah. Yeah it is." I said as Sam nods. "Hey, what if somebody finds that sewer down there, or a storm washes the salt away?" She asked us. "Both very fine points. Which is why we're waiting here." Sam said.

"For what?" She asked then we hear a loud beep of a large truck backing up. Sam and I smile and look over our shoulder to see a cement mixer backing into the field, stopping just over the sewer entrance. "For that." I said as Sam goes and waves for Dean to stop the truck. "Whoa!" He shouts.

Then Dean gets out of the cab then he and Sam set up the cement mixer right over the entrance. "You ripped off a cement truck?" Jo asked Dean. "I'll give it back." Dean said and we watch the cement pour on down. "Well, that oughta keep him down there till hell freezes over." I said and Dean nods.

That night, Sam, Jo and I were stuffed in the backseat of the Impala whioe Dean was driving and Ellen was in the passenger seat. And she hadn't really spoke since she found us.

"Boy, you, you really weren't kidding about flying out, were you?" Dean said as he tries to make conversation but she gives no reaction to him. Sam, Jo and I exchange a look.

"How about we listen to some music?" Dean asked and he flicks the radio on but Ellen reaches forward and flicks the radio off. Sam, Jo and I exchange another look, while Dean glances back as if asking for assistance. I shrug at him and he sighs. "This is gonna be a long drive." He mutters.

We got to the Roadhouse by the time sun rising, and Ellen storms in, dragging Jo by the elbow. The boys and I follow them inside. "Ellen? This is my fault. Okay? I lied to you and I'm sorry. But Jo did good out there, I think her dad would be proud." Dean said to her and Ellen turns to him, sharply. "Don't you dare say that. Not you. I need a moment with my daughter. Alone." She said and we head outside 

We lean on the Impala, the three of us don't talk at all as we felt bad for doing this Ellen. Minutes later, Jo comes storming out of the bar then she glares at me and Dean. Confused, we follow her as she keeps walking away.

"That bad, huh?" Dean asked her. "Not right now." She grumbles. "What happened?" I asked her as we walk up to her. Then I grab her shoulder. "Hey, talk to us." I said and she turns to me, sharply, and shoves my hand off of her.

"Get off me!" She yells and I hold my hand up as Dean comes up next to me. "Hey, hey!" Dean said and she glares at us. "Sorry. See you around." Dean said and he takes my arm and we turn to leave.

"Dean. (Y/n). It turns out my dad had a partner on his last hunt, two actually. Funny, he usually worked alone; these guys mostly worked either together or on their own too, but...I guess my father figured he could trust them. Mistake. The guys screwed up, got my dad killed." Jo said.

"What does this have to do with—" Dean started to ask but Jo shouts over him. "It was your father, Dean." She said then she turns to me. "And your dad too, (Y/n)." She said and I felt shock once she said that. "What?" We said.

"Why do you think John and (father's name) never came back? Never told you guys about us? Because they couldn't look my mom in the eye after that, that's why." Jo screams.

"Jo." Dean said and I shake my head. "Jo, we're not like our dads." I said to her and she scoffs. "Just...just get out of here. Please, just leave." She said and she walks off as Dean and I exhange worried looks.