The Monster At The End of This Book

The boys and I, now wearing FBI costumes, enter a bookstore and walk over to the counter to see a heavy-set man stocking his shelves. "Uh...can I help you?" The man asked us as we pull out our badges. "Sure hope so. Agents DeYoung, Shaw and Gowan. Just need to ask you a few questions." Dean said.

"Notice anything strange in the building, last couple of days?" Sam asked him. "Like what?" The man asked us. "Well, some other tenants reported flickering lights." I said and the man still looks at us like we are crazy. "Uh, I don't think so. Why?" The man asked.

"What about noises? Any skittering in the walls? Kind of like rats?" Sam asked him. "And the FBI is investigating a rodent problem?" The man asked, skeptical. "What about cold spots? Feel any sudden drops in temperature?" I asked and then the man starts to grin.

"I knew it! You guys are LARPing, aren't you?" He asked and the boys and I exchange looks. "Excuse me?" Dean asked. "You're fans." He said and I furrow my brow in confusion. "Fans of what?" I asked. "What is LARPing?" Dean asked. "Like you don't know." The man laughs but he notices our confused looks.

"Live-Action Role-Play! And pretty hardcore, too." The man said as he looks over our looks. "I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about." Dean said. "You're asking questions like the building's haunted. Like those guys from the books. What are they called?" The man said as he thinks then snaps his fingers. "Uh...Supernatural. Two guys and a woman, use fake IDs with rock aliases, hunt down ghosts, demons, vampires. What are their names? Uh...Steve, Dirk and (a variation of y/n)? Uh, Sal, Dane and (different variation of y/n)?" The man said and the boys and I exchange a look before Sam turns to him.

"Sam, Dean and (y/n)?" He said and the man snaps his fingers and points at him. "That's it!" He said. "You're saying this is a book?" I asked him. "Books. It was a series. Didn't sell a lot of copies, though. Kind of had more of an underground cult following." The man said and he goes over to a table labeled Bargain Bin, the boys and I follow him.

"Let's see. Um...Ah. Yeah..." he said and he hands Dean a book. "That's the first one, I think." He said and I come up next to Dean and sees the book cover.

It had two men, who were both very muscular, standing in front of an haunted looking house. One of the men had long dark blonde hair that was blowing in the wind, he had his shirt off, showing off his six-pack, and holding a shotgun with jeans on. The other man was standing on the right of the man and he had short brown hair and was wearing a tank top and jeans

Then over on the left side of blonde man was a woman with long brown hair, also looking like it was blowing in the wind, and she was sitting on the hood of the Impala. She was wearing short shorts and a black tank top that seemed a bit too tight on her, her boobs were almost protruding out of the top, and she had this sexy, sultry look on her face while her right leg was pulled up to her.

"Supernatural by Carver Edlund." Dean reads then he flips the book over, which had the front end of a motorcycle appearing out of the corner of the book, and reads the back cover. "Along a lonely California highway, a mysterious woman in white lures men to their deaths." He reads then Sam grabs the book. "Give me that." Sam said as he looks over the book then turns to the man. "We're gonna need all the copies of Supernatural you've got." He said.

Later, we were in a motel room and Dean is reclining on the bed, flipping through a book and frowning. I was sitting on the other side of the bed, reading another book. Sam was seated by the window with his laptop. "This is freakin' insane. How's this guy know all this stuff?" I asked. "You got me." Sam said.

"Everything is in here. I mean everything. From the racist truck to – to me and (y/n) having sex. We're full-frontal in here, dude." Dean said and he gets up and crosses over to Sam and I get up and stand next to him. "How come we haven't heard of them before?" Dean asked. "They're pretty obscure. I mean, almost zero circulation. Uh, started in '05. The publisher put out a couple dozen before going bankrupt. And, uh, the last one–No Rest For The Wicked–" he said then he turns the laptop towards us, displaying a web site listing the books. "Ends with you going to hell." He said.