Death Takes A Holiday

"No, no, no, you're right, it's definitely weird....Okay, Bobby, thanks." Sam said into his phone as I was typing away on my laptop and Dean was messing with the jukebox. "What's up?" I asked Sam as he hangs up and Dean comes over and sits down.

"Bobby found something in Wyoming." Sam said. "A job?" Dean and I asked, in unison. "Maybe." said Sam as Dean takes a bite of his burger. "Small town, no one's died in the past week and a half." Sam said and I give him a confused look.

"That so unusual?" Dean asked. "Well, it's how they're not dying. One guy with terminal cancer strolls right out of hospice. Another guy gets capped by a mugger and walks away without a scratch." Sam explains and I type on my laptop and do some story search in Wyoming. "Capped in the ass?" Dean asked and I found what Sam was talking about.

"Police say Mr. Jenkins was shot in the heart at point-blank range by a nine-millimeter." I paraphrased as I read the article while Dean keeps eating. "And he's not a doughnut?" Dean asked, muffled, as his mouth was full of burger. "Honey, don't talk with your mouth full. It's not attractive." I remarked, not looking at him as I continue to read the article, and I hear Sam let out a small chuckle

"Locals are saying it's a miracle." I added as I look over at the boys and see Dean swallowing the bit of burger that was in his mouth. "Okay." he said. "It's got to be something nasty, right? I mean, people making deals or something." Sam said and I consider this for a moment.

"You think?" Dean asked Sam. "What else would it be?" Sam asked. "I don't know." Dean said, shaking his head. "With our luck it could be anything." I said. "All right." Sam said as he grabs his bag and I shut my laptop and put it in my bag. "Get that to go." Sam said to Dean, nodding at his burger.
Dean looks down and doesn't move. "Come on." Sam said as he and I stand up, picking up our bags. But Dean doesn't move except to continue to chew his food as he takes another bit.

"What?" Sam asked as he swings his bag over his shoulder. Dean looks up and keeps chewing, then glances away and back. "Sure you want me going with you?" he asked Sam with a sneer and I frown. "Why wouldn't I?" Sam asked. "I don't want to be holding you back or nothing." Dean spat. 

After the whole deal with the siren, it's been like walking on eggshells with these two and here I am, trying to keep the peace as best as I can. "Dude, I've told you a hundred times, that was the siren talking, not me." Sam said, exasperated, but Dean still glares up at him.

I sigh at this then said. "Dean...do you regret on not killing me when you got back from Hell?" Dean's eyes widen at this since I threw what he said to me in his face. "No, of course not. I told you I didn't mean it!" Dean said. "Okay...you didn't mean it, I get it. You were under the siren's spell. And so was Sam, so he also didn't mean what he said. So...Can we please get past this?" I asked him and Dean stares at me then looks down and puts down the burger.

"Yeah, we're past it." He grumbles and he brushes off his hands.

"Now, you two said you were bloggers?" Jim asked us as the boys and I were sitting at his dining room table. "Yes, sir. Floored by the Lord dot com." Sam said. "All of God's glory fit to blog." Dean said, grinning, and I roll my eyes, slightly, at this 

"Um. Some of the people around town are saying what happened to you was a miracle." I said to Jim. "It was. Plain as day." he replied. "How can you be so sure?" Sam asked him. "How else do you explain it? The doctors can't. There's a bullet in my heart, and it's pumping like a piston." Jim said.

"Well, how do you explain it?" Dean asked Jim, who hesitates. He looks over at his daughter, who was in the other room with her mother. "Look, honestly. I was nobody's saint—not exactly father of the year, either." Jim said. "Okay." Dean and I said, curiously. "But when that guy shot me and I didn't bleed a drop? I just knew the Lord was giving me a second chance." Jim said.