Jump The Shark

Sam was leaning against the hood of the Impala, brushing his teeth, and I leaning against the side of Impala, looking out at the lake we had parked next to. Dean was lying across the front seat, head and shoulders up against the door. I rubbed my eyes and let out a yawn, I hadn't really slept well the last few days as these damn dreams of a white light and a figure of a person keeps appearing in it and the sound of a high pitch ring which startles me awake.

I don't know what these dreams mean but I would love for them to stop so that I could get some damn sleep.

Then I heard something move and I turn around and see Dean waking up then he goes to open the door. I moved aside as Dean nearly dumps himself on the ground. "Hey. How'd you sleep?" I asked him as he climbs out of the car. "How do you think?" he grumbles as he gets up on his feet.

"I'm starving. Let's get breakfast." Dean said. "Where? We're like two hours from anything." Sam said. "But I'm hungry now." Dean whines as he comes around to the front of the car.

"There's probably still a sandwich in the back seat." I said as I turn to the back driver's side door and reach through the open window. I pull out a paper bag and look inside of it. "Um...how do you feel about tuna?" I asked him as I turn to look at him. He scrunched up his face, in disgust, at this and I shrug at him.

Then a phone rings inside the car. I toss the bag back into the back seat and puts my hands to my jeans pockets, Sam spits out toothpaste foam. Dean leans in through the front window and rummages in the glove compartment, pulling out the ringing phone, hitting his head on the roof as he tries to get out.

"Isn't that Dad's phone?" Sam asked as Dean looks at it. He flips the phone open, presses a button, and puts it to his ear. "Hello? He can't come to the phone. Can I help you?" Dean said and Sam and I look over at him.

"Well, sorry to be the one to break this to you, pal, but John died more than two years ago." Dean said and there was a bit of silence before he asked. "Who is this?"
Then his face turns into shock and confusion. "Dean?" I asked, worried, but he doesn't move or say anything.

Windom, Minnesota

We park next to Cousin Oliver's Hilltop Cafe then the boys and I get out of the car. "Dean, look, best I can tell, Adam Milligan is real." Sam said Dean unlocks and opens the trunk, then the weapons box. Apparently, the guy Dean talked to on the phone claims to be John's son, Adam, which, of course, shocked and confused both me and Sam.

Sam, who dug up information on Adam, pulls out a folder and reads a paper. "Um, born September twenty-ninth, 1990 to Kate Milligan. No father listed on the birth certificate. He's an Eagle Scout." Sam reads while Dean pulls assorted weapons out of the trunk, including Ruby's knife.

"Graduated from high school with honors and currently goes to the University of Wisconsin—biology major, pre-med." Sam said and I give an impressed look.
"Wow, impressive." I said while Dean closes the weapons box. "Dean? You listening?" I asked him. "This is a trap." he mutters then he closes the trunk and heads past me and Sam, who closes the folder.

The boys and I enter the diner with a bell ringing at the door. There's a man at the counter, a waitress serving a burger, a couple other customers sitting nearby. The boys and I scan the diner until I noticed an empty table in a corner with four chairs.

Dean and Sam sit in the two chairs on one side of the table, and I sit on the other side, across from Sam, ensuring that Adam will sit in the last chair. Sam thumps John's journal and the folder on the table. "Dean, I'm telling you, the kid checks out." Sam said. "Great, so he's an actual person on the planet Earth. Sucks he's got a demon in him." Dean grumbles as a waitress approaches the table with menus and glasses of water; she gives us each a glass.