Wishful Thinking

"It just doesn't make any sense, Dean. I mean, why would Uriel tell us you remembered Hell if you didn't?" Sam asked Dean, who was downing shots like no one's business, as we were sitting at a table at a restaurant. "Maybe because he's a dick. Might have something to do with it." Dean replied, nonchalantly. "Maybe, but he's still an angel." I pointed out. "Yeah, an angel who was ready to level an entire town. Look, I don't know what --" Dean started to say when our waiter, who is way too cheerful for my taste, comes up to us.

"Radical. What else can I get you guys?" He asked and we turn to him. "Uh, I think we're good." Sam said. "Yeah?" The waiter asked. "Yeah." Sam said, trying to sound patient. "You want to try a couple of fryer bombs? Or a chipotle chili changa?" The waiter asked. "No, no, we're – we're still good." Dean tells him. "Okay, awesome." The waiter said and he walks away.

"Guys, honestly, I have no idea why Uriel told you two what he did, okay?" Dean said. "Right." Sam and I said, not really believing him. "What?" Dean asked us, annoyed. "Okay. Fine." Sam said, defensively, then I lean forward towards Dean. "Dean, look me in the eye and tell me you don't remember a thing from your time down under." I said to him, firmly. He leans forward and said. "I don't remember a thing from my time down under." But I'm not really convinced as I lean back a bit, skepticism played on my face.

"I don't remember, (y/n)!" he exclaims to me. "Look, Dean, we just want to help." said Sam. "You guys know everything I do. Okay? That's all there is." Dean said, getting angry, just as the waiter comes up to us.

"Outstanding. Dessert time? Huh? Am I right?" he asked. "Dude." Dean sighs. "Listen, bros. You have got to try our ice cream extreme. It's extreme." the waiter said. "Uh, no extremities, please. Just the --" I started to say, nicely, then he talks over me. "Check? All right, awesome." 

"Thanks." I said and he walks away then Dean turns to us. "All right, so, where do we go from here?" He asked. "I'm not sure. Uh, looks like it's been pretty quiet lately. No signs of demon activity, no omens or portents I can see." Sam said as he looks through his laptop. "That's good news for once." I said as Dean drinks his beer.

"Yeah, just the typical smattering of crank UFO sightings and one possible vengeful spirit. Here, check this out. Uh...Up in Concrete, Washington, eyewitness reports of a ghost that's been haunting the showers of a women's health facility." He said and Dean chokes with his beer. "The victim claims that the ghost threw her down a flight of stairs." Sam said and we noticed Dean scrambling out of his seat.

"I can see you're very interested." Sam said. "Women, showers. We got to save these people." Dean said and I give him a disapproving look. "Kidding!" He said to me before we start to head out.

"I'm not surprised the spirit world chose to make contact with me. I'm something of a...natural sensitive." Candace said to me. I was sitting at a restaurant called Lucky Chin's and was in the middle of meeting the woman who was "attacked" by a ghost in the showers. Sam and Dean were at the fitness center, checking the place out. "I can sense that about you, Candace, that whole...sensitive thing." I said, giving her a fake smile.

"So, what did you say you're calling your book?" She asked me, curiously. "Oh, well, um...Well, the working title is...Supernatural. Yeah, I've been crossing the country, gathering stories like yours. But, anyways, you were telling me about your encounter." I said. "Yes. Well..." Candace said before she let's out a sigh.

"Once I saw the apparition, that's when I started to run." she explained while I noticed a couple kissing at another table. It was a very nerdy-looking guy with, I gotta admit, a very beautiful woman. This just seemed out of place to me, that girl is way outta that guy's league, who the hell did he get her? "And you said the ghost chased you?" I asked her as I snap my attention back to Candace. "Not just that. It knew my name. It kept yelling, Mrs. Armstrong! Mrs. Armstrong! And that's when I hit the stairs and fell." She explained and I furrow my brow in confusion.