When The Levee Breaks

"Okay. Let me out. This is not funny." Sam yells as we talk to him through the little barred window in the door. "Damn straight." Dean growls. "Dean, come on. This is crazy." Sam exclaims. "No. Not until you dry out." Dean said. "Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lied to you and to (y/n). Just open the door." Sam said and I wrap my arms around myself. "You don't have to apologize. It's not your fault. It's not your fault that you lied to us over and over again. I get it now. You couldn't help it." Dean said. 

"I'm not some junkie." Sam yells. "Really? I guess I've just imagined how strung out you've been lately." Dean accused. "You're actually trying to twist this into some kind of ridiculous drug intervention?" Sam asked, angrily. "If it smells like a duck." Dean said, shrugging.  "Dean, I'm not drinking the demon blood for kicks. I'm getting strong enough to kill Lilith." Sam said and I raise an intrigued eyebrow at this.

"Strong?" Dean asked.

"Yeah." Sam said.

"This is about as far away from strong as you can get. Try weak. Try desperate. Pathetic." Dean spat. "Killing Lilith is what matters. Or are you so busy being self-righteous you forgot about her?" Sam growls. "Oh, Lilith's gonna die. Bobby, (y/n) and I will kill her. But not with you." Dean informs. "You're not serious." Sam said, disbelieving. "Congrats, Sammy. You just bought yourself a benchwarmer seat to the apocalypse." Dean said.

"Dean, look—no, wait—" Sam said, quickly, but Dean shuts the window cover. "Come back here. Dean! Let me out of here! Dean! Let me out of here! Let me out! Dean!" Sam shouts as Dean walks away. I sigh and look over at the door for a few moments before I turn away from it while Sam continues to shout.

Bobby pours three glasses of whiskey and hands one to Dean then the other to me. "Stop! Stop!" We hear Sam shout and I frown and look down at the glass of whiskey. "How long is this gonna go on?" Dean asked Bobby. "Here, let me look it up in my demon-detox manual. Oh wait. No one ever wrote one. No telling how long it'll take. Hell, or if Sam will even live through it." Bobby said then the phone rings.

Bobby sighs and answers. "Hello." he answers then his face turns to annoyance and anger. "...Suck dirt and die, Rufus. You call me again, I'll kill you." he yells and hangs up. "What's up with Rufus?" I asked Bobby, curiously. "He knows." Bobby said then the phone rings again and he answers it. "I'm busy, you son of a bitch. This better be important." he said then his face turns to shock and fear.

"The news. The news ain't good." Bobby said as I had my laptop open and looking through some news stories. "This is what Rufus called about? Key West sees ten species go extinct." I said, pointing at the article on screen. "Yep. Plus Alaska. Fifteen-man fishing crew all stricken blind, cause unknown. New York, teacher goes postal, locks the door, kills exactly sixty-six kids. All this in a single day. I looked them up. There's no doubt about it. They're all seals. Breaking. Fast." Bobby said.

"How many are left?" Dean asked. "Who knows? Can't be many. Where the hell are your angel pals?" Bobby asked. "You tell me." Dean said, shrugging. "I'm just wondering." Bobby said, thinking. "What?" Dean asked.

"The apocalypse being nigh and all...is now really the right time to be having this little domestic drama of ours?" Bobby said. "What do you mean?" I asked him. "Well, I don't like this any more than you two do, but Sam can kill demons. He's got a shot at stopping Armageddon." Bobby said. "So what? Sacrifice Sam's life, his soul, for the greater good? Is that what you're saying? Times are bad, so let's use Sam as a nuclear warhead?" Dean asked him, angrily.

"Look, I know you hate me for suggesting it. I hate me for suggesting it. I love that boy like a son. All I'm saying is maybe he's here right now instead of on the battlefield because we love him too much." Bobby said and Dean sighs.