Skin

"Alright, I figure we’d hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight." Dean said as we pull up to a gas station. We look over at Sam but he was to busy checking his e-mail. "Sam?" I said to get his attention but he ignores me. "Sam wears women’s underwear." Dean said and I began to laugh. "I’ve been listenin’, I’m just busy." He said to us. "Busy doin’ what?" I asked him. "Reading e-mails." Sam said as Dean gets out of the car and starts to fill the tank with gas.

"E-mails from who?" I asked him. "From my friends at Stanford." Sam replied. "You’re kidding. You still keep in touch with your college buddies?" Dean asked. "Why not?" Sam said, shrugging. "Well, what exactly do you tell ‘em? You know, about where you’ve been, what you've been doin’?" I asked him. "I tell ‘em I’m on a road trip with my big brother and an old childhood friend. I tell ‘em I needed some time off after Jess." Sam replied.

"Oh, so you lie to ‘em." Dean said. "No. I just don’t tell ‘em….everything." Sam stammers. "Yeah, that’s called lying." I said and he glares at me over his shoulder. "I mean, hey, man, I get it, tellin’ the truth is far worse." I said to him. "So, what am I supposed to do, just cut everybody out of my life?" Sam asked us and Dean and I shrug at this. "You guys serious?" Sam asked us, disbelieving. "Look, it sucks, but in a job like this, you can’t get close to people, period." Dean said to Sam. "Yeah, it's better this way." I said.
"You guys are kind of anti-social, you know that? I mean, I didn't expect that from you, (y/n)." Sam said and I shrug as Dean said. "Yeah, whatever."

"Time changes people Sam." I said as I give him an I'm sorry look. "God…." He grumbled after he leans back in his seat and reads his e-mail. "What?" We asked him. "In this e-mail from this girl, Rebecca Warren, one of those friends of mine." Sam replied. "Is she hot?" Dean asked and I glared over at him. "Really? That's what your biggest concern?" I asked him and he shrugs at me.

"I went to school with her, and her brother, Zack. She says Zack’s been charged with murder. He’s been arrested for killing his girlfriend. Rebecca says he didn’t do it, but it sounds like the cops have a pretty good case." Sam said as Dean and I glanced over at him. "Dude, what kind of people are you hangin’ out with?" Dean asked him. "No, man, I know Zack. He’s no killer." Sam said, firmly. "Well, maybe you know Zack as well as he knows you." I said to him.

"They’re in St. Louis. We’re goin’." Sam said after he reads over the email, which makes Dean chuckle. "Look, sorry ‘bout your buddy, okay? But this does not sound like our kind of problem." Dean said to him. "It is our problem. They’re my friends." said Sam. "St. Louis is four hundred miles behind us, Sam." I exclaimed then the three of us exchange a look. And a minute later, we pull out of the gas station and start driving off.

Sam knocked on the door and his friend, Rebecca, answers it. Once she sees Sam, her eyes light up and she smiles. "Oh my God, Sam!" She exclaims, happily. "Well, if it isn’t little Becky." Sam teased and she rolls her eyes. "You know what you can do with that little Becky crap." She said as she smiles then they hug.

"I got your e-mail." Sam said. "I didn’t think that you would come here." She said as Dean steps forward and extends his hand. "Dean. Older brother." He introduces and she shakes his hand. "Hi." She said. "Hi." He said, giving a smirk. Then I extend my hand to her. "(Y/n). An old school friend of his." I said as I nod towards Sam. "Hello." She said as she takes my hand and shakes it.

"We’re here to help. Whatever we can do." Sam said once Becky and I stopped shaking hands. "Come in." She said and we walk inside the house, and Dean shuts the door behind us. "Aw, how sweet." I teased and he smirks. "What can I say, I'm a gentleman." He said. "You're a lot of things, but a gentleman is not one of them." I said. "Hey! I can be!" He said and I scoff at this. "Yeah, sure." I said as we walk deeper into the house.