Yellow Fever

"Agent Tyler, Agent Perry, Agent Kramer, meet Frank O'Brien." the coroner said to me and the boys as he opens up a body bag. "He died of a heart attack, right?" Sam asked. "Three days ago." the coroner said, nodding. "But O'Brien was 44 years old and, according to this, a marathon runner." I said as I look through the man's file.

"Everybody drops dead sooner or later. It's why I got job security." The Coroner said. "Yeah, but Frank kicked it here. Now, just yesterday, two perfectly healthy men bit it in Maumee. All heart attacks, you don't think that's strange?" Dean asked the coroner. "Sounds like Maumee's problem to me." the coroner said then he looks between us.

"Why's the FBI give a damn, anyway?" He asked us. "We just want to see the results of Frank's autopsy." I said. "What autopsy?" the Coroner said and the boys and I share a look. "The one you're gonna do." Dean said.

Moments later, the coroner cuts open the dead body but then he looks between the three of us. "First dead body?" he asked us. "Far from it." Dean said as Sam and I shake our head. "Oh, good. Because these suckers can get pretty ripe." The coroner said then he looks over at Dean.

"Hey, hand me those rib cutters, would you?" he asked. Sam and I take a fortifying breath while Dean picks up the cutters and hands it to the Coroner. The Coroner cuts the ribs open while Sam keeps himself from squirming and I bite my lips when I noticed some sort've marking on Frank's finger.

"Is that from a wedding ring? I didn't think Frank was married." I said. "Ain't my department." the coroner said as he cuts the ribs open. "Any idea how he got these?" Sam asked as he picks up Frank’s arm, which is full of scratches.

"You know what? When you drop dead, you actually tend to drop. Body probably got scraped up when it hit the ground." The coroner said, sounding a bit annoyed of our questioning, then he looks into the body. "Huh!" the coroner said, confused.

"What?" Sam asked. "I-I can't find any blockages in any of the major arteries." The coroner said then he breaks off the heart while Dean tries not to vomit. "Heart looks pretty damn healthy." he said then he hands the heart to Dean. "Hold that a second, would you?" He asked me and I see Sam smirking. Dean glares at him and holds the heart as the Coroner cuts something else in the body.

Then some blood hit me and Sam in the face. "Oh, sorry. Spleen juice." The coroner said, apologetically, and Dean smirks at us.

After that mess, Sam, Dean and I were sitting down in front of Deputy’s desk, waiting. The Deputy smiles at me and Dean just as the Sheriff opens his office door. "Hell's bells, Linus, have you seen my...." He said then he noticed us. "Who are they?" the Sheriff said as the boys and I stand up.

"Federal agents. I, uh...." Linus said but then the Sheriff speaks up. "And you kept them waiting?" he asked him and Linus looks taken aback. "You, you said not to disturb." Linus said then the Sheriff turns to me and the boys. "Come on back, fellas." he said and we walk over to Sheriff’s office but Sheriff stops us.

"Shoes off." He said and the boys and I share a look before we take our shoes off and walk into the office. "Al Britton. Good to meet you." he said as he shakes our hands. "You too." Sam said and the Sheriff gestures for us to sit down. "Thank you." I said as we sit down. Then Britton takes out alcohol gel and start slathering his hands. Dean looks at me and Sam with a weird look on his face.

"Okay. So, what can I do for Uncle Sam?" Britton asked us. "Well, we're looking into the death of Frank O'Brien. We understand some of your men found his body." I said to him. "They did. Me and Frank, we were friends. Hell, we were Gamecocks." Britton said and Dean snickers and I elbow him in the side. Britton gives him a stern look and Dean looks abashed.