Good God, Y'all

Bobby, wearing a bathrobe and ball cap, sits in a wheelchair and stares out the window. Sam and I watch him from the doorway until Dean arrives with a manila envelope in hand. "It's been like three days now?" Dean said, questioning, and Sam sighs as I nod. Ever since Bobby found out he wouldn't be able to walk again, he hasn't really been talking to either of us. "We got to cheer him up." I said.

"Maybe I'll give him a backrub." Dean said. "Dean." Sam said, exasperated. "Well, what, then?" Dean asked, annoyed. "Look...we might have to wrap our heads around the idea that Bobby might not just bounce back this time." Sam said and I look at the envelope in Dean’s hand, which says X-Ray.

"What's in the envelope?" I asked him. "Went to radiology." Dean said and he opens the envelope and pulls out the contents. "Got some glamour shots." he said and he hands me and Sam the contents of the envelope, which is a chest X-ray with strange writing on the ribs.

"Let's just say the doctors are baffled." Dean said as Sam and I examine the writing, which is in Enochian. "Holy crap." Sam mutters. "Yeah, well, Cas carved you one, too." Dean said then he looks over at me. And I'm sure Ariel carved you." Dean said and Sam's phone rings.

"Hello? ...Castiel?" Sam answered and I look over at Dean. "Speak of the devil." I said and he nods. "Ah, St. Martin's Hospital. Why? What are you—Cas?" Sam said then he hangs up his phone.

Minutes later, Castiel walks up to us. "Cell phone, Cas? Really? Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?" Dean asked him. "You're hidden from angels now—all angels. I won't be able to simply—" Castiel started to say until Bobby speaks up. "Enough foreplay." Bobby yells and we looked over at him.

"Get over here and lay your damn hands on." Bobby demanded but nobody moves and Bobby looks over at us over his shoulder. "Get healing. Now." he yelled. "I can't." Castiel said and Bobby turns his chair to face Castiel. "Say again?" he asked, angrily,  and Castiel walks up to him. "I'm cut off from heaven and much of heaven's power. Certain things I can do. Certain things I can't." he informed.

"You're telling me you lost your mojo just in time to get me stuck in this trap the rest of my life?" Bobby asked, angrily. "I'm sorry." Castiel said. "What about Ariel?" I asked Castiel, who looks over at me. "She's...weak, pretty much like me." Castiel said. "Well, you and her can shove it up your ass." Bobby growls at Castiel then turns back to the window.

"At least he's talking now." Dean said as he turns to us. "I heard that." Bobby yelled and Castiel comes up to us. "I don't have much time. We need to talk." he said. "Okay." Dean said. "Your plan to kill Lucifer." Castiel said. "Yeah. You want to help?" Dean asked. "No. It's foolish. It can't be done." Castiel said, shaking his head slightly. "Oh. Thanks for the support." I said, sarcastically. 

"But Ariel and I believe we have the solution. There is someone besides Michael strong enough to take on Lucifer. Strong enough to stop the apocalypse." Castiel said. "Who's that?" Sam asked. "The one who resurrected me and Ariel and put you on that airplane. The one who began everything. God." Castiel said and Sam, Dean and I give each other skeptical looks. "I'm gonna find God." Castiel said and Dean closes the hospital room door and turns back to him.

"God?" I asked, disbelieving. "Yes." Castiel said. "God." Dean said, in a similar disbelieving tone as mine. "Yes! He isn't in heaven. He has to be somewhere." Castiel said. "Try New Mexico. I hear he's on a tortilla." Dean joked. "No, he's not on any flatbread." Castiel said, obviously not taking the joke.

"Listen, Chuckles, even if there is a God, he is either dead—and that's the generous theory—" Dean said but Castiel speaks over him. "He is out there, Dean." he said, firmly. "—or he's up and kicking and doesn't give a rat's ass about any of us." Dean said and Castiel glares. "I mean, look around you, man. The world is in the toilet. We are literally at the end of days here, and he's off somewhere drinking booze out of a coconut. All right?" Dean said.