On The Head Of A Pin

*(y/n)'s POV*

"Ruby will meet us outside Cheyenne. She's been tracking some leads. I know she's not exactly on either of your Christmas lists, but if she can help us get to Lilith—" Sam said as he drives while Dean was in the passenger seat and I in the back. "Hey, man, work with Ruby, don't. I don't really give a rat's ass." Dean said.

"What's your problem?" Sam asked. "Pamela didn't want anything to do with this and we dragged her back into it, Sam." Dean grumbles. "She knew what was at stake." Sam said. "Oh yeah. Saving the world. And we're doing such a damn good job of it." I said with sarcasm and Sam looks over at me through the rear view mirror.

"(y/n)—" he said and I sigh and shake my head. "Sorry, Sam, I'm just...I'm tired of burying friends." I said. "Me too." Dean said. "Look, we catch a fresh trail—" Sam starts to explain but Dean talks over him. "And we follow it, I know. Like (y/n) said, I'm just—I'm just getting tired." he said. "Well, get angry." Sam spat and we pull up to the motel room.

"Ah, home crappy home." Dean said as we enter the room and Sam flips on the lights. "Winchester and Winchester and (l/n)." A voice said and we see Uriel and Castiel waiting inside the room.

"Oh come on." Dean said in annoyed exasperation. "You are needed." Uriel said to him. "Needed? We just got back from needed." I said, my temper rising, and Uriel turns to me. "Now, you mind your tone with me." He said in a low tone. "No, you mind your damn tone with us." Dean growls as he goes to stand in front of me.

"We just got back from Pamela's funeral." Sam said as the angels look between us. "Pamela. You know, psychic Pamela? You remember her." I said, annoyed, and Dean looks at Castiel. "Cas, you remember her. You burned her eyes out. Remember that? Good times. Yeah, then she died saving one of your precious seals. So maybe you can stop pushing us around like chess pieces for five freaking minutes!"​​ Dean yells, angrily.

"We raised you out of hell for our purposes." Uriel said. "Yeah, what were those again? What exactly did you want from me?" Dean asked. "Start with gratitude." Uriel said, firmly, and Dean scoffs.

"Dean, we know this is difficult to understand." Castiel said, in a bit calmer voice. "And we—" Uriel started to say and he gives Castiel a look. "—don't care. Now, seven angels have been murdered, all of them from our garrison. The last one was killed tonight." he finished as he looks back at us.

"Demons? How they doing it?" I asked him. "We don't know." Uriel said. "I'm sorry, but what do you want us to do about it? I mean, a demon with the juice to ice angels has to be out of our league, right?" Sam asked. "We can handle the demons, thank you very much." Uriel said.

"Once we find whoever it is." Castiel said. "So you need our help hunting a demon?" Dean asked. "Not quite. We have Alastair." Castiel said. "Great. He should be able to name your trigger man." Dean said. "But he won't talk. Alastair's will is very strong. We've arrived at an impasse." said Castiel. "Yeah, well, he's like a black belt in torture. I mean, you guys are out of your league." Dean said.

"That's why we've come to his student. You happen to be the most qualified interrogator we've got." Uriel said to Dean, who looks down. "Dean, you are our best hope." Castiel said and my eyes widen a bit at this. "No! No way! You can't ask me to do this, Cas. Not this." Dean said to Castiel then Uriel walks up to Dean. "Who said anything about asking?" He asked and he grabs Dean's arm and the three of them disappear, leaving me and Sam alone.

"Damn it!" Sam growls. "I'm really starting to hate the angels." I said, angrily.

*3rd Person POV*

Alastair is visible through a window in a door, chained to a hexacle standing in the middle of a devil's trap. "This devil's trap is old Enochian. He's bound completely." Castiel explains to Dean as they stand on the other side of the door. "Fascinating." Dean mutters and he turns away from the door.