The Usual Suspects

*3rd Person POV*

Baltimore, Maryland

"Under what name? Oh, yeah, that's my favorite so far. Possible ID's in three states that we know of." Sheridan asked as he was on his cellphone. Then he pulls a paper from the fax machine and stares at it. "I gotta call you back." He said as he hangs up.

Meanwhile, a SWAT team approaches a motel room from the outside. 

Back at the station, Sherdian enters an interrogation room then sits down across from Dean Winchester. "Well, first I thought you were just stepping up your game. Credit card fraud, breaking and entering, and this one...puzzled me. Grave desecration. But still these are a long way from murder. Then we get a fax from St. Louis. Where you're suspected of torturing and murdering a young woman. However, no one could prove anything, of course, because supposedly you died there." He said.

Back at the motel, The SWAT team breaks open a 2nd-floor door with a battering ram. Inside, Sam stops, holding his hands up. Diana Ballard advances on Sam, her gun forward. "Going somewhere, Sam?" She asked him as Sam looks at her, nervously. "Now...where's (y/n)?" She asked and Sam shrugs.

"But I gotta tell you something. You look pretty healthy to me." Sheridan said as he looks at Dean. "So now we know Karen Giles wasn't the first person you murdered. But I guarantee you she's the last." He said as he stands for a moment then he walks out.

Early the next morning, Ballard enters another interrogation room, where Sam is pacing by the window. She places a coffee cup on the table. "Thought you might be thirsty." She said and Sam looks at her. "Okay, so you're the good cop. Where's the bad cop?" He asked. "Oh, he's with your brother." Ballard said.

"Okay. And you're holding us why?" Sam asked her. "Well, he's being held on suspicion of murder. And you, we'll see." She said and Sam leans forward, shocked. "Murder?!" He exclaims, shocked. "You sound genuinely surprised. Or are you that good of an actor?" Ballard asked.

"Who was he supposed to have murdered?!" Sam asked her. "We'll get around to that." She said and Sam scoffs. "Well, you can't just hold us here without formal charges!" He shouts. "Well actually, we can, for forty eight hours, but you being a pre-law student, would know that. I know all about you, Sam." She said then she reads from a file.

"You're twenty three years old, no job, no home address. Your mother died when you were a baby, your father's whereabouts are unknown. And then there's the case of your brother Dean. Whose demise was, well, just a little bit exaggerated. Feel free to jump in whenever you like." She said and Sam leans against the wall, folding his arms.

"Shy? No problem. I'll keep going. Your family moved around a lot when you were a kid. Despite that, you were a straight-A student. Got into Stanford with a full ride. Then about a year ago there was a fire in your apartment. One fatality. Jessica Moore, your girlfriend. After she died, you fell off the grid. Left behind everything." She said as she closes the file.

"I needed some time off. To deal. So I'm taking a road trip with my brother and an old family friend." Sam said. "How's that going for you?" Ballard asked. "Great. I mean...we saw the second largest ball of twine in the continental US. Awesome." Sam said and he pulls a chair up to the table and straddles it. 

"We ran Dean's fingerprints through AFIS." Ballard said. "Okay." Sam said. "Got over a dozen possible hits." She said. "Possible hits. Which makes them worthless." Sam points out. "But it makes you wonder. What are we gonna find when we run your prints?" She asked him. "And once we find (y/n), we'll run her prints as well."

"Yeah, well." Sam said and he pounds his fist on the table sarcastically. "You be sure to let me know, all right." He said then he points at the cup. "May I?" He asked her. "Please." She said. "Great." He said and he sniffs the cup and sips it as she leans over him, intently.