It's Worthless

"Good God, the Roadhouse. It even smells the same." Dean said as Ash picks up his cape and mask. "Bud, blood and beer nuts. It’s the best smell in the world." Ash said and he walks behind the bar and snaps his fingers. "How 'bout a cold one? Up here? No hangover." Ash asked and Dean, Sam and (y/n) sit on the bar stools.

"So…no offense…" Sam started to ask but Ash interrupts him, knowing what he was going to ask. "How did a dirt bag like me end up in a place like this? I’ve been saved, man. I was my congregation’s number one snake handler." Ash said and (y/n) smiles. "And you said this was your heaven?" she asked. "Yup! My own…personal…" Ash said and shotguns his beer while the trio watch. He burps.

"And when the angels jumped us? We were…" Sam said. "In your heaven." Ash finished. "So there’re two heavens?" (y/n) asked. "No. More like a hundred billion. So, no worries, it’ll take those angels boys a minute to catch up." Ash said.

"What?" Dean asked, confused. "See, you gotta stop thinking of heaven as one place. It’s more like a butt-load of places all crammed together. Like Disneyland except without all the anti-Semitism." Ash said and the trio still look confused.

"Disneyland?" Sam asked. "Mm-hmm. Yeah. See you got Winchesterland and (l/n)land." Ash said as he holds up his hands to indicate the bar. "Ashland." He points all around outside the bar. "A whole mess of everybody-else-lands. Put them all together: heaven. Right? At the center of it all? Is the Magic Kingdom. The Garden." he said. 

"So everybody gets a little slice of paradise." (y/n) said, understanding "Pretty much. A few people share—special cases. What not." Ash said. "What do you mean special?" Dean asked. "Aw, you know. Like, uh, soul-mates." Ash said and Dean and (y/n) share a glance. "Anyway. Most people can’t leave their own private Idaho’s." Ash said. "But you ain’t most people." (y/n) said.

"Nope. They ain’t got my skills. Hell, I’ve been all over. Johnny Cash. André the Giant." He listed then he turns to Sam. "Einstein. Sam, that man can mix a White Russian. Hell, the other day? I found Mallanāga Vātsyāyana." He said. "Who?" Sam asked. "He wrote the Kama Sutra. Huh, that boy’s heaven? Ah, sweaty. Confusing." Ash said. 

"All this from a guy who used to sleep on a pool table." Dean jokes and Ash nods. "Yeah. Now that I’m dead, I’m living, man, a whole lot more." he said.

"So how’d you find us?" Sam asked him. "I rigged up my very own holy-rolling police scanner." Ash said as he pulls out a laptop then hits the power button and it starts up, displaying a mess of sound graphs and making an annoying piercing sound.

"That’s angels. Blabbing Enochian, okay? I’m fluent." He said then he turns it off and puts in back under the counter. "I heard that you were up. Of course I had to come find you. Again." He said. "Again?" (y/n) asked. "This ain’t the first time here. I mean, you three die more than anyone I’ve ever met." Ash said. "Really." Dean said, surprised. "Ah, yeah… you don’t remember. God! Angels. Must’ve Windexed your brain." Ash said.

"So, uh. I mean, have you found anybody else? Ellen and Jo?" Sam asked him and Ash looks taken aback. "Ellen and Jo are dead?" he asked and (y/n) looks upset and doesn’t answer. Ash looks to Dean and Sam. Sam looks guilty and sad while Dean turns his head away.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah. A few months now. Sorry." Sam said and Ash takes a minute to compose himself. "Um, hmm. Uh, they went down fighting?" he asked and Sam nods. "Yeah. 'Til the end." (y/n) tells him. "Yeah, a lot of good it did." Dean said, bitterly, then he looks back at Ash.

"How ‘bout our folks?" Dean asked him. "I’ve been looking all over for John Winchester, Mary too, but so far: nada. Same thing for (f/n) and (m/n). I’m sorry. But hey! There is somebody that wants to jaw with you. Hold up." Ash said and he leaves the bar and goes into the back room that used to be his. There are symbols on it like the ones he chalked onto the door of the shack.