The Whore Of Babylon

Later, I was skimming through a book but my mind couldn't focus on the words on the book. I pack the book away and take out another one. "I got your message." I heard a voice say behind me. I turn around to see Castiel looking in the fridge. "It was long, your message. And I find the sound of your voice grating." He growls as he closes the fridge. "What's wrong with you?" I asked him, confused.

Castiel wobbles for a bit as he continues to look through the fridge. "Are you...drunk?" Sam asked him. Castiel turns to look at us. "No!" He said, falling forward a bit and grabbing hold of the divider to save himself. Sam and I raise our eyebrows and Castiel leans on the divider for support. "Yes." He said.

"What the hell happened to you?" Sam asked, Castiel sighs. "I found a liquor store." He said, resting his head on the divider. "And?" I asked. "And I drank it!" Castiel exclaimed, like it was so obvious. "Where's Ariel?" I asked him. "I don't know..." he mumbles, drunkly, as he shrugs.

"Why'd you call me?" Castiel asked as he pushes off the divider and wobbles his way over to us. "Whoa. There you go. Easy." Sam said as he and I put our hands on his chest so he wouldn't fall over. "Are you okay?" Sam asked. Castiel looks at him and motions for him to lean closer. Sam does so and Castiel leans in close to his ear. "Don't ask stupid questions." He said.

Sam makes a face and pulls away. "Tell me what you need." Castiel said as he goes to take a seat on the bed. "T-there have been these...these demon attacks. Massive, right on the edge of town. And we can't figure out why they're..." I explained.

"Any sign of angels?" Castiel asked. "Sort of. They've been speaking to this prophet." I said. "Who?" Castiel asked. "This girl, Leah Gideon." Sam said. "She's not a prophet." Castiel said. "I'm pretty sure she is. Visions, headaches...the whole package." Sam said. "The names of all the prophets, they're seared into my brain. Leah Gideon is not one of them." Castiel said and Sam and I look at him, stunned. "Then what is she?" I asked him.

The next day, Dean finally returns to the motel room and Sam and I look up at him. "We went out looking for..." Sam said as he and I stand up from the sofa. But he pauses when we see blood on Dean's hands. "Oh my God, Dean! You alright?" I asked him, worried, as I run up to him and place my hands on his shoulders, looking him over.
Dean glances down to his bloody hands. "Yeah. It's...it's not my blood. Paul's dead." He said and my eyes widen. "What?!" Sam and I asked, shocked. "Jane shot him." Dean replied.

"It's starting." Castiel said. "What's starting? Where the hell have you been?" Dean asked him, angrily. "On a bender." Castiel replied, with an attitude. "Did he...did you say on a bender?" Dean asked, looking at Sam and I, while pointing at Castiel.

"Yeah. He's still pretty smashed." Sam said, patting the angel on his shoulder. "It is not of import." Castiel said, holding up his hand. "We need to talk about what's happening here." He grumbled.

"Well, I'm all ears." Dean said as I remove my hands off of him and he walks over to the sink to wash his hands. "Well, for starters...Leah is not a real prophet." I said, as I sit back down. Dean turns off the sink then looks over his shoulder at us. "Well, what is she, exactly?" He asked, picking up a rag to dry his hands.

"The whore." Castiel said which stuns Dean a bit. "Wow. Cas, tell us what you really think." Dean said. "She rises when Lucifer walks the Earth. And she shall come, bearing false prophecy." Castiel said and he points at the book in front of him. "This creature has the power to take a human's form, read minds. Book of Revelation calls her the Whore of Babylon." He explained as Dean walks over to sit on the chair next to me. 

"Well, that's catchy." Dean mutters, sarcastically. "The real Leah was probably killed months ago." I said. "What about the demons attacking the town?" Dean asked. "They're under her control." Castiel replied. "And the Enochian exorcism?" Dean asked.