Lucifer Rising

Dean was staring out the window, brooding. We had returned from the motel to Bobby's house and told Bobby what happened...well, I told Bobby. Dean didn't really speak much since we left and I was honestly scared to say anything to him. 

I know he's hurt and angry, so was I, but I just didn't know what to say to him. The whole drive back, we sat there in silence and I placed a comforting hand on his leg. He lowered his right hand and goes to grab my hand and, at first, I was worried he was gonna reject my comforting hand but he took my hand in his and held onto it, tightly. I ran my thumb over his knuckles and the two of us stayed like that until we made back to Bobby's.

"Dean? Dean! You listen to a word I said?" Bobby asked Dean. "Yeah, I heard you. I'm not calling him." Dean said. "Don't make me get my gun, boy." Bobby threatened and Dean turns to face him. "We are damn near kickoff for Armageddon, don't you think we got bigger fish at the moment?" Dean asked him.

"I know you're pissed. And I'm not making apologies for what he's done, but he's your--" Bobby started to say but Dean talks over him. "Blood? He's my blood, is that what you were gonna say?" he asked. "He's your brother. And he's drowning." Bobby said. 

"Bobby, we tried to help him, we did. Look what happened. He almost killed Dean..." I said. "So try again." Bobby said and Dean shakes his head. "It's too late." He said. "There's no such thing." said Bobby.

"No, damnit! No. I gotta face the facts. Sam never wanted part of this family. He hated this life growing up. Ran away to Stanford first chance he got. Now it's like déjà vu all over again." Dean yells as he goes to sit down. "Well, I am sick and tired of chasing him. Screw him, he can do what he wants." Dean growls and I look at Bobby then back at Dean.

"You don't mean that." I said and Dean looks up at me. "Yes I do, (y/n). Sam's gone. He's gone. I'm not even sure if he's still my brother anymore. If he ever was." Dean said and I felt pity for him while Bobby turns and leans on the table, fuming.

"Dean..." I started to say, softly, when Bobby makes a big angry sweep with his hands, tossing books and papers to the ground. He advances on Dean, who stands. "You stupid, stupid son of a bitch! Well, boo hoo, I am so sorry your feelings are hurt, princess! Are you under the impression that family's supposed to make you feel good?! Bake you an apple pie, maybe? They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" Bobby yells at him, which made me jump back at this. 

"I told him, you walk out that door, don't come back and he walked out anyway! That was his choice!" Dean yells back at him. "You sound like a whiny brat. No, you sound like your dad. Well, let me tell you something. Your dad was a coward." Bobby sneers. "Oh no." I muttered as Dean glares at Bobby. "My dad was a lot of things, Bobby, but a coward?" Dean said, questioning.

"He'd rather push Sam away than reach out to him. Well, that don't strike me as brave. You are a better man than your daddy ever was. So you do all of us a favor. Don't be him." Bobby said and Dean turns back to staring out the window.

Bobby and I lower our heads and look at the floor then I raise my head up to see Dean gone. "What the hell?" I said and Bobby looks up to see him gone as well. "Where did he go?" Bobby asked and I start to put two and two together. "The Angels." I said and now I start to get worried.

*3rd Person POV*

Dean turns around, only to find himself in a large, lavishly appointed room. The walls are painted white with gold trim and accents, and a marble table stands in the center. "Hello, Dean." a voice said behind him and he turns to see Castiel standing behind him. "It's almost time." He said and Dean furrows his brow at this.