The Rapture

"Well, what did he say, Dean? What was so important?" I asked Dean as the three of us walk through a warehouse, flashlights on. Dean had woke both of us and said that Cas had visited him in his dream and told him to meet him here. 

"If I knew, would I be here?" Dean asked me, annoyed, as we ascend a set of stairs. "Don't get snippy with me, Winchester." I said, warningly, just as we walked up the stairs to see destruction and dead bodies. "What the hell?" I said, shocked. "It looks like a bomb went off." Sam said. "There was a fight here." Dean points out. "Between who?" I asked while Dean's flashlight beam lands on a symbol painted in blood on the wall.

"Check it out. Look familiar?" He asked us. "Yeah, it does." Sam said. "Anna used something like that to wish the angels back to the cornfield." I said.

"So, what? Cas was fighting angels?" Sam asked. "I don't know." Dean said as we look around. "Sam. (Y/n)." Dean calls out and we run over to see Cas under some rubble..
"Cas? Cas. Hey, Cas?" Dean asked and Castiel starts to wake up. "What's...? What's..? What's going on?" He asked, in a voice that wasn't his own. Normally, Castiel has this deep gravelly sounding voice, this guy...he sounded like a normal guy. "Just take it easy. Take it easy." I assured him as we help him up.

"Oh. No." Cas mutters. "Cas, you okay?" Sam asked. "Ugh. Castiel. I'm not Castiel. It's me." Cas, or not Cas, said.  "Who's me?" I asked him. "Jimmy. My name's Jimmy." Jimmy replied. "Where the hell is Castiel?" Dean asked him. "He's gone." Jimmy replied.

We bring Jimmy back to the hotel, where he sits at the table and devours a hamburger, almost like he hadn't eaten in years. "You mind slowing down? You're gonna give me angina." Dean said. "I'm hungry." Jimmy said.

"When's the last time you ate?" Sam asked him. "I don't know. Months." Jimmy said before taking another bite of his hamburger and then continues to eat ravenously. "What the hell happened back there? It looked like an angel battle royale." I said. "All I remember is a flash of light and I, uh . . . I woke up and I was just, you know, like, me again." Jimmy replied, shrugging.

"So, what? Cas just ditched out of your meat suit?" Dean asked Jimmy. "I really don't know." He replied. "You remember anything about being possessed? Anything at all?" Sam asked him. "Yeah, bits and pieces. I mean, angel inside of you, it's kinda like being chained to a comet." Jimmy said.

"Ah, that doesn't sound like much fun." I remarked. "Understatement." Jimmy grumbles. "Cas said he wanted to tell us something. Please tell me you remember that." Sam said and Jimmy thinks for a moment then shakes his head. "Sorry." He said.

"Come on, what do you know?" Dean asked. "My name is Jimmy Novak. I'm from Pontiac, Illinois." He said and then he tells us about his family and how Castiel possessed him.

"So, what do we do?" Sam asked as him, Dean and I stand outside. "What do you mean? The guy's got a family. We buy him a bus ticket, send him home." Dean said. "I don't know about that. Dean, he's the only lead we got." Sam said.  He doesn't know anything." Dean said. "Are you 100 percent about that?" Sam asked and I look up at him.

"You think he's lying? What, you wanna go Guantanamo on the guy?" I asked him. "(Y/n), maybe he doesn't even know what he knows." Sam said, confusing me. "Huh?" Dean and I said. "I say, at least we get him to Bobby's. Maybe all he needs is hypnosis or a psychic. Or hell, maybe Cas will just drop back into him." Sam suggests. "I don't know, man." Dean said, unsure.

"Dean, back there, that was angel-on-angel violence. Now, I don't know what's going on, but it's big. And we can't just let the only lead we got just skip out." Sam said and Dean shakes his head.

"What?" Sam asked. "You remember when our job was helping people? Like, getting them back to their families?" Dean asked Sam. "You think I don't want to help him? I'm just being realistic. I mean, hell, we're doing him a favor." Sam said. "How?" I asked him, suspiciously. "Guys, if we want to question the guy, you can damn well bet the demons do, too." Sam said and I look over at Dean, who sighs in defeat.